Richard Bloch

View Richard Bloch's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple's P/E Ratio Rising - How High Is Too High? [View article]
    I'm sure the next generation of espresso machines will be iOS compatible. So will your microwave, toaster, etc.

I'm joking, but it's not THAT far fetched.
    Aug 27, 2012. 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's P/E Ratio Rising - How High Is Too High? [View article]
    The thing about PEG is that it really depends on where you "peg" it. Do you use a 3-year growth rate? 5-year growth rate? Yes, even when a company is growing fast, the rate of growth can slow, and I think that can be deceiving sometimes.

No, I did not back out the cash. Yes, I could have and you have a good point, but it makes comparing other stocks a bit more difficult (although I did not do that in this article).

Finally, yes, buying stock makes perfect sense, but sometimes following what's going on in the options market helps you understand how the stock is behaving -- even if you never trade an option.
    Aug 27, 2012. 01:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's P/E Ratio Rising - How High Is Too High? [View article]
    You're not necessarily wrong. Look at what happened to the stock in April/May after the March runup (although other fundamental factors may have been in play back then). So yes, reversion to the mean is almost a certainty -- but that could take a few weeks, or at least that's my view based on what's happened so far this year.
    Aug 27, 2012. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's P/E Ratio Rising - How High Is Too High? [View article]
    I agree with you dgressl. Looking out the front window is far more important -- and I was thinking of creating a forward-looking chart. But it's a bit more complicated, and I was looking at the trailing PE as more of a benchmark anyway.

Thanks for your comment
    Aug 27, 2012. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Excessive Speculation In Apple Call Options? [View article]
    Which front month are we talking about? August? It's not the front month anymore. September? I only see 99,000 call contracts traded.
    Aug 17, 2012. 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Active Bear Fund Exits Zynga, Currently Short Groupon And OpenTable [View article]
    I suspect not all of the holdings are forensic accounting based, but I'm not sure which are which.
    Aug 17, 2012. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That would be nice to see, although I'd also like to see past holdings and their performance, too.
    Aug 17, 2012. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Low VIX, But All Implied Volatilities Are Not Created Alike [View article]
    Thanks untrusting. I appreciate it.

And I didn't disagree with you on the SDS analysis. Just pointing out that those SPY puts didn't seem all that out of the ordinary.
    Aug 14, 2012. 11:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is The VIX ETF Near An All-Time Low? Same Old Contango [View article]
    I have this sneaking suspicion they didn't, but thanks for the compliment.
    Aug 14, 2012. 07:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Graying Of Apple': Fans Getting Older, But Loyalty High [View article]
    Thanks for the links (and the observations) Herr Hansa.
    Aug 14, 2012. 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Nokia: A Picture's Worth $2 Per Share [View article]
    Agreed!
    Aug 14, 2012. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Graying Of Apple': Fans Getting Older, But Loyalty High [View article]
    I think July was "antennagate." Steve Jobs died in October.
    Aug 13, 2012. 10:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Sir, May I Have Some Volatility? [View article]
    I also note that the "Apple VIX" (VXAPL) closed at 20.03, and set a record intraday low of 18.81. Cheap options.
    Aug 13, 2012. 04:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Graying Of Apple': Fans Getting Older, But Loyalty High [View article]
    Big Monday morning mistake. You are correct. Correction request submitted. My apologies to RIMM and many thanks to you for pointing this out.
    Aug 13, 2012. 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Graying Of Apple': Fans Getting Older, But Loyalty High [View article]
    Just be glad you didn't buy stock in Commodore. (I actually can't remember if it was a public company or not).
    Aug 13, 2012. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment