Richard Bloch

View Richard Bloch's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Betting With Jim Rogers: Beyond The Agricultural Stocks [View article]
    Hi Chuck, the gross expense ratio is 0.64%, but it's capped at 0.49% until May 2013.
    Aug 6 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term VIX ETF Sets New All-Time Low - Time For A Reverse Split? [View article]
    You're right RedQueenRace. The "bet" is on the performance of VIX futures contracts that are rolled from one month to the next. And anyone who wishes to participate can get similar results from the futures themselves.

I have no idea who holds all these futures contracts, but I'll all these ETNs and ETFs are the major holders.
    Aug 4 05:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, the options would split along the same lines as the ETN, but they may become "nonstandard." Instead of the right to buy 100 shares at 15, you could end up with the right to buy 25 shares at 60 (if you own a 15 call, for example).
    Aug 3 05:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Investing With The House': This ETF Focuses On The Supply And Demand For Stocks [View article]
    Hi Doug. I made them myself from data provided by the CBOE.
    Aug 2 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Certainly stocks which see increased demand can grow in value.

Apple, for example, has been increasing its float and even with its recently announced buy back program will only be preventing further dilution, not really reducing its float. But if it did truly reduce the supply of shares, I'll bet you'd see the price a lot higher.

So while I see your point on demand, I don't think a float shrink ETF is out to "con" investors.
    Aug 2 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Active Bear Fund Exits Zynga, Currently Short Groupon And OpenTable [View article]
    I'd like to see that studied, too. I'd also like to see a study on the cost of shorting stocks with that high a short interest. I suspect the borrow costs are quite high on OPEN, which could be why the fund may move in and out of the position.
    Jul 31 11:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    That makes sense, of course, Whitehawk. And unlike passive index funds, the portfolio managers can reduce their overall short exposure based on their macro view of the market.
    Jul 31 10:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Raises Dividend 7%: New Yield Levels To Watch [View article]
    I guess lots of dividend investors sleep through dividend announcements. Perhaps sleeping well is one of the benefits of being a dividend investor. Anyway, thanks for your nice comment Jeff.
    Jul 27 07:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Bearish? Think About Being More Active About It [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. I wanted to look at one full year beginning July 1. 2011 so that's why the charts end at the end of June.

I do plan to review HDGE's holdings in more detail in a future article, perhaps in the next week or so.
    Jul 27 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Raises Dividend 7%: New Yield Levels To Watch [View article]
    I must be losing my marbles. Sorry for screwing up.
    Jul 27 10:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Raises Dividend 7%: New Yield Levels To Watch [View article]
    Glad you like the posts prgette. Thanks.
    Jul 27 09:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Disappoints, But Adds $7 Billion To Balance Sheet [View article]
    Apple did not disappoint me either, well maybe a little, but I slept fine too. Apple over the past few years has been way better than CDs. Thanks for your comment.
    Jul 25 10:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Bearish? Think About Being More Active About It [View article]
    It's actually 2 fund managers -- and from what I gather, John and Brad work well as a team.
    Jul 25 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Disappoints, But Adds $7 Billion To Balance Sheet [View article]
    Keep in mind that we are already more than three weeks into this next quarter, and it's probably too late to plan anything like that which would impact this quarter. And by the following quarter, it shouldn't make a difference.

Also I think it might cheapen the brand, but that's just my opinion.
    Jul 24 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Disappoints, But Adds $7 Billion To Balance Sheet [View article]
    In general I agree, but I'm not sure tomorrow is "the day." I think this whole week will be a wild ride for AAPL, and thus QQQ/SPY
    Jul 24 06:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment