Richard Pearson

View Richard Pearson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How U.S. Investors Got Punk'd By Kandi [View article]
    But we don't know today if the warrants will ever be exercised or if Kandi will receive any additional money.

Until that time, these warrants are valued just like any other stock option.

The value of the 30 month + the 60 day warrants if they were sold today if $7 million, as shown.
    Jul 10 11:43 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How U.S. Investors Got Punk'd By Kandi [View article]
    Harris,

The exercise price is $7.24 per share.

If the stock goes above that level in 30 months, the investor would exercise and then deliver $7.24 per share to Kandi. They are simply buying more new share from Kandi.

If the stock price does not go above $7.24, the warrant will not be exercised and will expire worthless. Kandi will receive no additional proceeds.

This option has tremendous value to an investor today. It is just like owning an ordinary stock option on any other company. When the stock is volatile, the option is worth more.

You can look at your option chain screen from your broker to see what Kandi options are worth. The closest ones are the $7.50 strikes.

All I did was model out the value of a 30 month option and a 60 day option. This is what Kandi gave away to the investors for free...even though these options are worth $7 million.
    Jul 10 11:42 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How U.S. Investors Got Punk'd By Kandi [View article]
    actually kandi has been trading in the $4-5 range for several days. you are only seeing the prints that make you happy.
    Jul 10 11:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How U.S. Investors Got Punk'd By Kandi [View article]
    What part of your comments do you think merits a response ?

I had no idea that sharesleuth was publishing anything today on Kandi.

Maybe you should actually read my articles and evaluate the facts rather than just rejecting anything that disagrees with your original bull thesis.

Had you listened to me before, you could have sold at over $7.00 instead of in the $4's. Your welcome.

Keep in mind that I was nice enough to offer to speak with you by phone while I was on vacation, but you had no interest in speaking.
    Jul 10 08:20 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Erickson Air-Crane: Big Risk, Big Reward [View article]
    Good article.

I think that the real threat to the short thesis is a strong fire season this year along with the fact that Afghan revs will do well for a few quarters before dropping off. The next few quarters could make EAC appear strong, but then the end of fire season will coincide with the afghan pullout, which is going to get very ugly.

the stock price will almost certainly be capped by ZM's considerable selling.
    Jun 30 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Erickson Air-Crane: Big Risk, Big Reward [View article]
    Good article.

the stock price will almost certainly be capped by ZM's considerable selling.
    Jun 30 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Market Missed On Kandi [View article]
    Rocky,

Your "understanding" is clearly not good.

I have had much more forceful responses from other companies, some of which occurred shortly before they were delisted due to outright fraud.

You are no longer evaluating facts and circumstances. You are simply trying to use your imagination to shape events to fit your already anchored beliefs.

The fact that the company chose to raise exactly the amount I said just 2 days after that press release should leave you congratulating me. But I don't expect that.

I offered to speak with you by phone, but you have no interest.

You seem to feel like you are far more informed that I. As I said before, if I thought that this stock would go up, I would be buying big. You may wish to consider whether or not you really have an advantage with this stock in terms of your experience, your knowledge and your understanding.

Do you really believe that a group of retail investors posting news articles on Yahoo boards is the deepest pool of knowledge ?

Good luck with your investment.

We will touch base again in a few months and see who was right.

If I am wrong, I will publicly apologize and you can quote this post. .If you are wrong, then I expect nothing more than a private apology
    Jun 26 11:36 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating The Camelot Buyout [View article]
    JTech,

the compelling part of the 20-40c is that it is low risk.

compared to others who keep putting out pie in the sky predictions of doubles and triples that never happen, this one was actually quite realistic and worked out quite well.

I think that management and the board are firmly in charge, so I doubt that they will entertain a higher offer if the equity would end up going to someone else.

Buying this co at around $1.85 is a no brainer for mgmt.

Thanks for the comments.
    Jun 26 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Market Missed On Kandi [View article]
    At the request of a reader, I have made a change to one sentence of the conclusion part of this article.

The stock doubled over a 2 week period since early June, from $3.70. However the timing of Mr. Porcari's 4 articles began in April, right after the ATM filing, not in June. This can be seen by looking at the dates on the articles, and is consistent with the text in the body of the article.

That sentence has now been split in two in the conclusion.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

No other changes have been made.

Rick
    Jun 24 11:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Market Missed On Kandi [View article]
    Hello Kandi readers,

I have printed out these comments and will be looking through them in the next few days.

There are obviously quite a few mistaken comments above, so I probably won't respond to all of them.

I would suggest that people re-read the article and be sure to actually click the links so as to read the filings that I referenced.

Given the number of comments, I will likely write another full article on Kandi rather than trying to debate point by point with many people who made their minds up before even reading the article.

You are all certainly entitled to your opinions, and you are certainly entitled to continue buying Kandi stock.

Eventually the stock will either rise or fall on its own merits. So if you are confidant in your thesis then whatever I uncover and write about should be of no concern to you in the longer run.

Rick
    Jun 23 10:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Market Missed On Kandi [View article]
    Mr. Porcari,

Your comments above are substantially inconsistent with our conversations by phone. you should think carefully about what you said by phone before making the above statements publicly and in writing.

If necessary, I will arrange to have a verbatim (word for word) transcript produced so that you can revisit your claims on the phone.

you made it clear that I should join your mailing list at corstratinc.com in order to receive the "updates" on Kandi. When I asked you about CorStrat, you told me that it was for corporate strategy and investment banking, but that you are no longer using the company to conduct business because you are emailed.

I emailed you and asked you to add me to that mailing list, but you did not, after my article came out.

you also made it clear that you attended multi city roadshows to bring investors to Kandi in different cities, you mentioned Atlanta and New York. You also told me that every time they come to the US that you accompany them on roadshows.

One of us is either lying or mistaken.

You may wish to reflect back on the claims that you made during our conversation. I have ample reason to be precisely 100% certain regarding the statements you made on our calls.
    Jun 23 10:53 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Massive Insider Deal Threatens Erickson Air-Crane [View article]
    The newspaper articles were to describe the sentiment towards the IPO, which I had thought was quite clear. As a result, of course they were written at the time of the IPO.

The LEGIT numbers are actually non GAAP, "adjusted EBITDA" numbers which ignore the massive interest payments and growing depreciation. In addition, the company changed their calculation methodology to boost this metric by 30% even though there was no change in the business.

The much bigger question is: why would you be buying when ZM is selling ?
    Jun 13 02:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market's Epic Mistake Causes Cleantech To Triple [View article]
    JTech,

You of all people should have learned your lesson by now, unless you are just shamelessly pumping these small chinese frauds.

your comments from the past included

"Next potential bubble: Chinese small caps, largest short interest of any group out there , look at ccme 30 day chart, Dgw is my favorite"

and "Chinese small caps- big squeeze on here. Ccme, rino, chbt, cski, onp- My favorite dgw because of their cash position ."

CHBT, CCME, DGW and RINO were all delisted due to fraud despite the claimed "cash balances" etc.

Your comments come across as being persistently naive or downright suspect.

The fact that you provide no Bio and don't even follow any authors makes this even more so.
    May 30 09:15 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retail Got Slaughtered On Ziopharm [View article]
    In the past the institutional ownership was more like 40% but it rose some over time. It is always a little difficult to get an exact number because it seems there are always bad or late data included.

The point I was trying to make (which I guess I wasn't clear) is that if we exclude Kirk and Fidelity (who was likely only in because of Kirk), then inst ownership is almost nil.

With the presence of Kirk and Fido in there then we should have expected to see total institutional ownership of at least 80-85%, but instead it was the remainder of all retail.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
    Mar 27 08:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dose Of Reality: Opko Set For A Pullback As Insider Selling Begins [View article]
    Those who are focused on Dr. Frost's buying are missing the point entirely.

Dr. Frost's purchases are now so tiny that they do not change his ownership position or his in price in any material way.

The only value that these purchases have is to send a signal to the market, which you all seem to be picking up on.

I expect Frost's buying to continue. However it doesn't matter whether he buys at $3.00 or $10.00, because the continued sizes of his buys are now so small that it is not going to affect his economics.

If Dr. Frost were trying to trade the stock with the expectation that it is going to push much higher, he would be buying in a size that actually matters, not in increments of 20-50k. These increments are entirely immaterial in the context of his 140m share position.

Thanks for your comments.
    Feb 8 11:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment