Richard Rosso

View Richard Rosso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • J.C. Penney: Up From Here [View article]
    Good article. I agree with this..I actually think JCP will be the new Kohl's. Make sense of that one. Chart has firmed up. I own quite a bit of this so I visit the stores quite often to observe. They're improved but have a way to go. Appreciate the writing.
    Nov 20 09:50 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Municipal Bond Market Troubles - What You Might Like To Know [View article]
    Totally agree with you on CEFs. I think you're correct about emerging opportunities, been using HYD.
    Jul 27 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Move Back Into Junk Bond ETFs [View article]
    Who would have thought I could play snap back rallies in fixed income. Good piece, Tom!
    Jul 24 09:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Take Advantage Of Emerging Markets' Growing Middle Class With EGShares' ECON [View article]
    Yes, excellent points. For many retail investors the risk may be too much or intimidating. Appreciate the commentary.
    Jul 24 08:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Defense Of Concentrated Portfolios [View article]
    In 2004, Louis Lowenstein (Columbia) examined 10 value managers who followed Graham & Dodd and discovered they ran highly concentrated portfolios with nearly 40% of their assets in the top 10 holdings. Good piece!
    Jul 11 08:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Inflation Predictions Weren't Just Wrong, Many Of Them Are Hurting People [View article]
    Money printing leads to inflation? The Fed program is not inflationary and has anyone examined money velocity lately? Fed purchasing bonds on secondary market is not an inflationary event. All these retail investors thinking gold is safe are learning a tough lesson. What I hate is how if you're a conservative investor you're getting slammed in bonds and in your savings accounts. What an interesting period we are living through (unless you're over 55 and need to work until 85).
    Jun 25 07:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philly Fed And Empire Manufacturing Continue Their Separate Ways [View article]
    This is confusing and I noticed this too. I wonder if we'll continue to see further fragmentation in these reports are manufacturing areas ebb and flow due to anemic recoveries, weather. It's worth watching. You guys are the best!
    Feb 23 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Prices, Presidents And Recency Bias [View article]
    This is absolutely correct, Cullen. Great last paragraph. Retail investors not engaged. Perhaps the "dumb money" not so dumb? On target as usual.
    Oct 17 01:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Importance Of CPI As An Investment Benchmark [View article]
    I love this piece. Excellent focus for an investor as opposed to beating some nebulous stock index.
    Sep 25 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interest Rates: The Darkest Black Swan Ahead? [View article]
    Agree. I call it "The Great Unwind." Boy it's going to be an adventure!
    Aug 20 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • So Bill Gross Is Bearish On Equities [View article]
    I believe one needs to understand his overarching message-Stocks are not cheap overall, all risk assets based on central bank intervention possess greater risk. Now I am beginning to see retail investors deem dividend stocks as "safe." Dividends do not make stocks "safe." Yes, they're a crucial component of return, however, a 4% div means nothing if there's a potential to lose double digits of principal. So, as Gross outlines, stocks and bonds for the foreseeable future may produce below-average returns. I see nothing wrong with this analysis. Also to me, doesn't fare well for index-fund investing.
    Aug 5 03:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend ETF For Schwab: Has This Trade Become Crowded? [View article]
    If Schwab is bringing one to market absolutely.
    Jul 28 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banning M2M: The Worst Mistake in History [View article]
    Woong has it right. Also, what's the bigger issue? M2M or the fact that the assets are indeed worthless. And with underlying real estate continuing to fall in value are we focusing on the right issues or the political hot bed issues? You decide.
    Apr 8 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • John Hussman: The Danger of Inaction [View article]
    There is nobody better than John Hussman grasping this issue. They should be listening to him in Washington.
    Apr 4 12:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Dangerous Stocks to Avoid [View article]
    Well, first of all, railroad listed has NEGATIVE free cash flow and the author makes a good point. Total debt to total equity in a historically rough credit environment is something you need to consider when you examine an investment. And what does one person's opinion mean everything when it comes to a stock rec? So Pete Najarian likes IBM. I like IBM too, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention to total debt/equity.
    Apr 4 09:47 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment