Richard Saintvilus

View Richard Saintvilus' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    Good points, as always, CN.

Aside from the satellites, Apple may want the auto and Sirius' demographic (income earnings subscribers) fits within Apple's model of "not going the cheap route."

Sure, Apple can acquire the content. But Apple would have to work to get that content into the car. And with Sirius already having the relationships with OEM, coupled with Apple's ability to (possibly) renegotiate royalties with artists (Beats will help), it makes a lot of sense all around, I think.
    Apr 27, 2015. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    I appreciate it, Newgate!
    Apr 27, 2015. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    Thank you, Poonky!
    Apr 27, 2015. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    JFinkelstein -

"Like Netflix, Sirius should not be tied to a set top box only, but embedded in all devices and promoted as such."

Agreed. The only thing is, this will cost a lot of money. Management must decide is it worth the investment pursuing platforms where subscribers may not be enticed. Sirius seems content to pursue growth solely in the auto. And the Agero deal affirms this.

At some point, the likes of Apple, Google and Microsoft will want an easy entry into the auto. And Sirius is one of the quickest paths to the driver's seat -- pun intended.
    Apr 27, 2015. 02:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    Googer -

Lol! I've grown and I've matured.

I don't mind admitting I've made some mistakes. I've made bad calls -- a lot of them. But I'm past that now.
    Apr 27, 2015. 01:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    vaporgold -

"Malone will go after TWC and may want to sell Sirius to the highest bidder to complete his goal of obtaining TWC."

Bingo! This is what I've missed about SA.

I couldn't have said it better.
    Apr 27, 2015. 12:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    JFinkelstein -

"Never thought I would agree with an RS post re: Sirius, but first time for everything."

I must ask, what the heck took you so long :-)
    Apr 27, 2015. 11:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    Hi fingel -

"They would rather buy a startup or foreign company with interesting technology than a large domestic acquisition."

That was true in the days of Steve Jobs. Apple spent $3 billion on Beats last year. Apple wants to be a media company now. And with $180 billion in cash on the balance sheet, they are due for something more "interesting." That they've entered both markets where Sirius and Netflix operate, make either of them likely candidates, I think.
    Apr 27, 2015. 11:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Better Cars And Trucks Will Drive Ford To $20 Per Share [View article]
    Thank you Monsterman205. I appreciate that.

Nice trade, by the way :-)
    Apr 27, 2015. 10:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    Thank you, Roxieanne. I appreciate that.

Sirius has always been one of my favorite topics, as you may well know. And no other site like SA offers the best exchanges when it comes to differing points of view.
    Apr 27, 2015. 10:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why Apple Still Remains A Likely Suitor [View article]
    NewEnglanderinIowa -

"How does Sirius get taken over when Liberty has a control position?"

Great question. Like any investor, Liberty would want a premium for their position in Sirius. And they have a price for what that premium is. A suitor would only need to meet that price.

If, say, Apple, Microsoft or Google steps in a offer $5.50 or $6.00 per share tomorrow, do you suppose Liberty would need to "sleep on it?"
    Apr 27, 2015. 10:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take Profits In Pfizer Stock Ahead Of First-Quarter Earnings [View article]
    Steve --

I don't disagree with your views. But based on the content itself and the arguments I present in the article, I think the logic can be applied to both near-term and long-term horizons. I'm not saying Pfizer is a terrible company. But given the headwinds, there are -- perhaps -- better options out there.
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take Profits In Pfizer Stock Ahead Of First-Quarter Earnings [View article]
    Liegh --

Does it matter?
    Apr 27, 2015. 08:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Thanks For The Stock Boost; Now How Bout More Cash? [View article]
    JimRooker -

The special dividend is something I was going to touch on. As an investor, I'm hoping for it. But I'm also not holding my breath. Apple would need to repatriate much of its overseas cash for Apple to afford a special dividend -- some $150 billion worth.I just don't see Apple doing that. I hope they don't, even -- not at 35% tax rate.
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:22 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Thanks For The Stock Boost; Now How Bout More Cash? [View article]
    Hi vollbarry, I think you missed the point of the article. It is Tim Cook that said he does not want Apple to be a "cash hoarder." I am merely offering some ideas of ways Apple can change that perception.

"You obviously don't think Apple knows what its doing."

Please show me what text in the article that led you to this conclusion?
    Apr 26, 2015. 11:52 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment