Richard Saintvilus

View Richard Saintvilus' Comments BY TICKER:
  • SiriusXM Ups Share Buyback To $8 Billion [View article]
    Stephen -

"Richard read my articles that mentioned $4 resistance. ;)"

I've read a couple, though I have not commented. Now that I'm long, I'm interested in multiple perspectives. Admittedly, some of your takes have been on point -- particularly in terms of options. For hedging purposes, that's where my interest lies at for the moment.

You are correct that I bought at the top, but as I have done for years, I'm trading in-and-out of the stock while I hold a core position. To your point about "mentions of pullback, patterns" and such -- you're dead on about that.

The 5-cent incremental moves ($3.90 to $3.95 or $3.95 to $4.00) has been profitable. Now that I've averaged lower by 15 cents, they will continue to be even more profitable once the stock re-establishes its range. It will take a couple more days to figure out what that range is. Once it does, wash-rinse-repeat.
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SiriusXM Ups Share Buyback To $8 Billion [View article]
    CN -

Stephen's comments appear to have been in a private note to you, not a "call" as you described it. If he was right or wrong, only you would know.

Seems like you're drowning in kudos and you're just willing to part with them at any opportunity. You should consider putting them in a vending machine and make some money.

Anyway, the Mets look like the real deal this year. I'm a diehard. So far, I've been more impressed with their offense then their pitching. Still, though we're 6.5 games up, I'm not counting out the Nats out just yet. I've seen a meltdown before.

If I'm right, I'll gladly accept some kudos.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SiriusXM Ups Share Buyback To $8 Billion [View article]
    CN -

I took the recent selloff as a buying opportunity and reduced my cost basis by 15 cents to $3.73. Indeed, the buybacks have shown to have had minimal impact on the stock, but it will in terms of EPS on future reports.

"Kudos to SF for his call about the difficulty of holding $4."

Are you suggesting SF went out on a limb with this call? The stock has shown (on numerous attempts) it can't hold $4. What's the kudos for?

Kudos would have been for taking a stance, saying it 'will' hold $4.

That's like you patting me on the back for 'predicting' and being correct that the Chicago Cubs won't win the world series this year, even though it hasn't happened in over 100 years.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Stratasys Remains A Solid Short To $30 [View article]
    For what it's worth, I've just close my short today on SSYS. Let's see what happens from here.

Good luck to all!
    Aug 20, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears Earnings Preview: Avoid The Stock Despite Strong Declines [View article]
    Ran -

It depends on your definition of "monetize."
    Aug 19, 2015. 12:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why 3D Systems Stock Remains A Great Short To $20 [View article]
    Darren -

Consensus 2016 EPS estimates still calls for 86 cents a share. I don't see a scenario where it comes close to that target. This tells me analysts are still too optimistic about the company's prospects. And after the the conference call this week, those estimates should come down. At that point -- I think -- the stock reaches single digits.
    Aug 4, 2015. 12:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why 3D Systems Stock Remains A Great Short To $20 [View article]
    Congrats, Darren. At this time, I don't see what's going to keep the stock from reaching single digits. Do you?
    Aug 4, 2015. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Stratasys Remains A Solid Short To $30 [View article]
    How do you feel about you prior comment today, CAIKEN1?

Management just said "easy growth for 3D printing is over."

Can't be any more blunt than that.
    Jul 30, 2015. 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why 3D Systems Stock Remains A Great Short To $20 [View article]
    Thanks, Illuminati. But people have lost tons of money on this stock. I'm not going to cheer about that, although I am happy to have (possibly) helped others from avoiding a huge mistake. But what I'd like to understand is where the floor is on this stock and at what point will the bearish reversal start. And unfortunately, management hasn't said/done anything to suggest a turnaround is possible anytime soon. This stock/industry (including SSYS, XONE and others) remain highly speculative.
    Jul 20, 2015. 03:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Stratasys Remains A Solid Short To $30 [View article]
    CAIKEN1 -

The stock has dropped by as much as 15% since this comment. I still see SSYS as a short to $30. Regardless of the where the industry is moving, companies still must execute. I don't see SSYS as a solid executioner. Not yet.
    Jul 14, 2015. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    Equitable Research -

"Broken Clock" ... haha, good one.
    Jun 26, 2015. 05:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why 3D Systems Stock Remains A Great Short To $20 [View article]
    DDD just reached my $20 short target. Look out for my next article. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
    Jun 26, 2015. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    Thanks, Paul.

People don't like to hear/read bad things about their investments. They're too emotionally tied to their biases. So I understand. That's why I didn't bother responding (then) to the angry comments -- I expected them, just like I expected CHK stock to fall.

Thanks for the comment. Hope you protected yourself.
    Jun 26, 2015. 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Apple Will Reduce Its Interest Expense By More Than 50% [View article]
    "Apple's decision to raise capital from the Japanese debt market is indicative of the overlying environment in which investment banks are able to generate underwriting volume, as the implementation of CCAR is going to gradually diminish the size of the lending books for G-SIB banks."

Can you put this reference in plain English?

Do you mean to say, money is cheap -- therefore investment banks are making a killing with these bond offerings, which help them offset loss revenue from other parts of their businesses that are under stricter government regulation?

Your writing -- I think -- will be more clear if you use less acronyms. Don't assume everyone knows what CCAR and G-SIB mean. You risk alienating parts of your audience who have to leave your article to lookup the terms CCAR and G-SIB.

In short, your article says you agree with Apple's CFO Luca Maestri, is that it? In your estimation his job is safe, then, right?

You offered me some "constructive criticism" recently. I'm returning the favor.
    Jun 17, 2015. 12:10 PM | 33 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: May Has Come And Gone And No $140; Where We Stand [View article]
    Nate23423 -

"Nobody cares if you are disappointed, angry, or apologizing."

Seeing as there are almost 300 comments on this article, I would say you're wrong :-)
    Jun 8, 2015. 06:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment