Richard Saintvilus

View Richard Saintvilus' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple To $140: Making Higher Highs And Higher Lows; Funds Desperately Want Back In [View article]
    Hi Archman Investor. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :-)
    May 26, 2015. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Inside man 55 -

"We are at the beginning of a wild ride. :-)"

You mean like today :-)
    May 26, 2015. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Inside man -

"I have learned two things over the years, never let a large gain become a small gain, and never let any gain become a loss. Trailing stops allow me to do both."

Well said!
    May 26, 2015. 05:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    rach07 -

"looks like aapl just goes down whenever you write Mr saint."

Seems you fail to understand what really moves stocks. I wish I had that kind of power. If I may suggest.... find fault in your own expectations, not my writing :-)
    May 26, 2015. 05:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    donzoamania -

"Today's sell off is just another reason to avoid predictions like this. "

If the stock were up 2% today, would predictions be okay, then?
    May 26, 2015. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vikramnjnjjdjnd -

"Does your crystal ball predict lottery numbers?"

I don't gamble :-)
    May 26, 2015. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you, josh! The criticism comes with the territory. I've been doing this long enough to not have thick skin. Besides, smart people like yourself help balance it all out :-)
    May 26, 2015. 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    tlevigne -

"Why would you take profit at 140, do you see it pulling back from there?"

I see the stock is heading to $200. And that's why I hold a core position. But in my trading account, $140 has been my near-term target for several weeks. At that point, I plan on taking some profits.
    May 25, 2015. 07:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    inside man 55 -

"I plan on selling around the $140 price range (all of you are welcome)"

No one ever went broke taking profits :-)

Best of luck to you, sir!
    May 25, 2015. 07:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    matthew.karr -

"Saying things like "If not for the Fed and other stupid things going on in the market" really damages your credibility and how seriously anyone will take your articles."

Look, even my wife doesn't take my articles seriously. So I can't expect anyone to take them seriously either. :-)

But I do appreciate your concern for my credibility. I'm guessing, though, you take yourself way more seriously than you should.

I'm a blogger with an opinion -- nothing more, nothing less. Don't take my comments for much more than that and you'll be fine :-)
    May 25, 2015. 07:18 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Northwest Investor -

"Thumbs up for making me smile."

I'm glad I could. I appreciate you taking the time to read.

Today is memorial day for a reason. Think about it... there are a lot worse things we could be doing than debating the merits of an article or the direction of a stock.

Why not have some fun with it, right?
    May 25, 2015. 06:39 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Matthew -

"Some things just don't take complicated explanations."

Exactly. It seems some people just take themselves too seriously, thinking they're inventing something no one has every read before.

If I don't get the point in the first three sentences I'm clicking off the article. Get right to it and don't waste my time -- that's my motto and that's what I strive to give my readers, whose time I respect :-)
    May 25, 2015. 06:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you, Tim. The comments section is the best part of my articles :-)

I enjoy them more than the writing itself.
    May 25, 2015. 06:31 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Buyanhold 2012 -

"If I were an Apple shareholder, I would never sell any of my shares under any circumstances. "

Do what works for you :-)

It makes the world go round. But one size does not fit all in the market.
    May 25, 2015. 06:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bjnflicks -

"Dear Writer, You vastly underestimate AAPL., $140 is not a high, it is a midpoint which we should take out this month and possibly never look back."

Agreed. In the last column, I noted AAPL is heading to $200 at which point I will take profits on my core position. But I also have a trading position that I move in and out of -- thus the $140.

And, by the way, I added to that trading position two weeks ago at around $124. So $140, or 13% increase in two weeks excites me :-)
    May 25, 2015. 05:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment