Richard Zeits

View Richard Zeits' Comments BY TICKER:
  • SandRidge Energy: Latest Well Results And What To Expect From The Q2 Report [View article]
    Arthur,

I do not have price targets at this point but my view has been that the stock's risk/reward profile is skewed towards downside at these levels. The company has improved its well results, as I have reported in my latest notes. Let's see if that will translate into higher production growth rates - my biggest worry is about fast well declines that have been very vivid in SDT and SDR's performance. Today's earnings release will be important in this regard, let's see how it pans out. I will try to post a "quick read" note.
    Aug 6 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Blackberryman,

"Any hope that someone will just come along and buy SD?"

Not in my opinion.
    Aug 6 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia: The Correction Creates An Entry Point [View article]
    EFOwner,

I do not have any inside track with Soros, but I would be surprised if they took a huge activist position and decided to abandon it when things are actually developing in their favor. I think Soros is an ally.
    Aug 5 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Himmy,

I expect strong results, but they should be viewed in the context of the stock's valuation which is high. As I wrote, in order to be comfortable with the current valuation, I personally would want to see growth rates substantially higher than the 26% in 2014 that SD has guided to.

Let's see what the company shows tomorrow.
    Aug 5 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    AnnonymousAlpha,

The company's assets are still early in their life cycle. It would make more sense to accelerate the development rather than pay dividend. Relatively few E&P companies pay dividend.

The company is also in no position to pay dividend, given its debt level.
    Aug 5 03:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Mississippian Trust I: Is There A Bottom? [View article]
    Arbtrader,

I don't think there are implications for SD, but I am curious to see how SD's wells perform in a longer run. Because one of the issues that SDT's case appears to reveal is that its wells are not flattening out as well as one might expect. IPs may be ok, but EURs keep being revised down.
    Aug 5 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia: The Correction Creates An Entry Point [View article]
    Pablomike,

I think execution is an every day battle. Execution challenges are just a natural part of it. Some issues will be eliminated, some new will emerge. I think PVA has an attractive asset to work with, and strong execution is something that could really help in making this visible to the market.

SN announced it will be drilling in the Marl. Sabine drilled two successful wells but I don't know what their plan is.
    Aug 5 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Mississippian Trust I: Is There A Bottom? [View article]
    Publomike,

The obligation is to be "prudent operator." The Sponsor is obligated to operate the Trust wells as if they were the Sponsor's.
    Aug 5 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Mississippian Trust I: Is There A Bottom? [View article]
    Stocknerd,

I don't think that oil & gas in the ground is just a guess. There is a reserve report and there are declines every quarter that we can measure.
    Aug 5 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia: The Correction Creates An Entry Point [View article]
    Georgekmarshall,

It means "Exploration Expenses" line item for companies that elect to expense exploration wells as opposed to capitalizing them for accounting purposes.
    Aug 5 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rice Energy Acquires Chesapeake's Marcellus Package: Analysis [View article]
    Gas prices? Marcellus basis?
    Aug 5 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rice Energy Acquires Chesapeake's Marcellus Package: Analysis [View article]
    Galicianova,

You haven't missed it, I hope to follow up after the earnings season is over.
    Aug 5 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia: The Eagle Ford's Emerging Surprise Story [View article]
    Gtoz,

I just posted a note with some thoughts on recent developments, it should be out for everyone to see tomorrow morning. I hope there will be interesting comments and opinions from readers.
    Aug 4 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodiak Oil & Gas: To Sell Or Not To Sell? [View article]
    Rscam - very fair comment. For KOG fundamentals, may I refer you to my earlier note which is linked in the text. On the New WLL, will post a note soon.
    Aug 4 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Oil & Gas: A Stranded Giant [View article]
    Always good to have a debate. We'll try to find a common denominator in the next round - I should post a new note, this thread is getting long. :)
    Aug 4 03:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment