Richard Zeits

View Richard Zeits' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    AnnonymousAlpha,

I am not sure I can add much on PES, but I like operating results by HK. I have been watching their performance in El Halcon - which is a new play - and I am very impressed.
    Jul 31 09:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    Sailthesound,

Thank you for the link and the interesting thought. My point really was that many traders would consider significant short interest a bullish factor. I am not very trading-minded, but I agree that the concept of a "crowded short" has some merit.
    Jul 31 09:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EQT Corporation To Test Deep Utica Potential [View article]
    Pablomike,

I think they are a big company and should be able to afford it. It would be sad however if the well turns out unsuccessful - that would undermine other operators' desire to drill more wells.

There is one important angle to this well from EQT's perspective - it may help EQT to better guage the need for take-away solutions that its midstream arm develops.
    Jul 31 04:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Oil & Gas: A Stranded Giant [View article]
    Dnpvd51,

The website number you are referring to is as of mid-2013 and is correct, in my recollection.
    Jul 31 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    Redink,

I don't think this applies to HK though. It's a $6+ Bn stock in terms of EV, with well over a hundred new ~$10 million wells drilled per year. Besides I think the market is much more sophisticated than just watching IP rates.
    Jul 31 03:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    Charles,

Is it a positive or a negative for the stock price?
    Jul 31 03:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    Clayton,

It has been indeed. A highly technical play. However, this has been the case with the many new big plays. We may forget but it was several years before operators cracked the code of the Middle Bakken.
    Jul 31 02:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halcón Resources: Solid Second Quarter Driven By The Bakken [View article]
    Traverse_1,

Good observation re: the entire sector is being hit.

I must admit that the rally that started earlier this year was so enthusiastic that E&P stocks might have run a bit ahead of themselves. A correction was almost inevitable, unfortunately.
    Jul 31 02:11 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia: Expanding The Marl Position [View article]
    Meridian6,

What's your read re: liquidation price? There are many people who are probably dreaming of the liquidation. :)
    Jul 30 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Halcón Resources - What To Expect From The Q2 Report [View article]
    I just submitted a note with my 2 cents on the Q2 press release, hope the post will be out shortly.
    Jul 30 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Energy - Commodity Price Differentials Surprise [View article]
    Jack,

I would argue the NGL pricing has already suffered a heavy penalty due to overproduction (ethane particularly). Oil, on the other hand, should be more immune given that it is a water-borne commodity and the domestic production should simply displace imports.
    Jul 30 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Energy - Commodity Price Differentials Surprise [View article]
    Fracjob,

I am already seeing comments on several conference calls about reduced plans for gas drillling.

The Marcellus may be different, however, than the rest of the nation. Obviously, the differentials create a tremendous incentive to the midstream sector to expand take-away capacity (a very lucrative business with objectively strong fundamentals). When demand is strong, all capacity addition happen on a pre-contracted basis. So the Marcellus will produce to that capacity (otherwise losses to produces would be even greater due to demand payments that are effectively sunk cost).

Marcellus operators, in my opinion, are in a desperate need of a long-term hedging market that would not be punitive. It will gradually develop, in my opinion, with new highly liquid benchmarks in the Northeast region.
    Jul 30 02:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabot Oil & Gas: A Stranded Giant [View article]
    Dnpvd51,

Cabot clearly did not go from 0 to 100 wells/year in one day. The ramp up has been gradual. Also, they have accumulated an inventory of wells that are waiting on completion (most of which is a normal operational requirement due to pad drilling and normal completion time).
    Jul 30 02:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanchez Energy: Critical Mass In The Eagle Ford [View article]
    Don, Well said.
    Jul 29 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanchez Energy: Critical Mass In The Eagle Ford [View article]
    Publomike,

I am afraid you are missing two elements. First, oil/condensate is only ~25% of the production stream. Second, production declines fairly rapidly. The property was producing just 20,000 boe/d in June, I believe.

I would still think of it on an incremental well basis for economics. One would drill a new well if the expected rate of return is attractive.
    Jul 29 03:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment