Riley Wilkins

View Riley Wilkins' Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry Bear Case Is Flawed - Shares Should Double [View article]
    Blackberry had earnings of -$0.60 in 2013 and is expected to make around $0.45 a share FY 2014. I followed the argument that earnings could likely beat street estimates over the next few quarters, which would add positive momentum to the stock, but $3.00 EPS seems pretty ambitious. Over the last decade BBRY only had earnings of $3.00 a share or more in three years, from 2009-2011, and we can all agree that BBRY no longer has the competitive advantage that it once possessed.
    Apr 28 07:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Demystifying The Microsoft/Apple Comparison Argument [View article]
    I'm not sure if Workday even deserves the comparison to Microsoft... The multiple for MSFT in 1999 was absurd, but at least it had huge earnings growth over the decade. Workday has an absurd valuation, but all it can boast of is negative EPS for six consecutive years...
    Apr 28 07:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I Am Shorting The Market [View article]
    By shorting an index you're at a disadvantage because there is only one way to profit (the entire market declines). By shorting an individual company you can profit in two ways (either the company performs poorly and/or the market as a whole declines). For anyone looking to profit off the next market correction it makes more sense to short an individual stock with poor fundamentals.
    Apr 28 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Q2 Earnings Make It A Fist-Pounding Buy [View article]
    Does anyone have any insights into what Apple's estimated growth rate of operational earnings will be going forward? I know the buyback will help boost EPS, but what's some current ideas about Apple's operational earnings growth %? Nevertheless, even if Apple stalled out at around $40 operational EPS a share or less indefinitely, it still offers significant value at its current market cap.
    Apr 23 11:17 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Deal With Salesforce.com? [View article]
    Mark,
    Thank you for your comment; I'm glad that you appreciate my perspective, and it's really nice to get encouraging feedback. I will!
    Mar 3 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Deal With Salesforce.com? [View article]
    Bobson, thanks for sharing that info on money flow; your view on short covering is interesting and I look forward to what happens.
    Mar 2 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Deal With Salesforce.com? [View article]
    Wim, what company are you thinking of?
    Mar 2 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Stocks That Are Great Value Buys After Recent Pullbacks [View article]
    Nicholas, first I want to congratulate you on your first article. You made some very strong points about both companies and I'm glad that we have the similar thoughts on Coach (came out with an article several days ago with the same viewpoint).
    Mar 1 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com (CRM): FQ4 EPS of $0.51 beats by $0.11. Revenue of $834.7M (+32% Y/Y) beats by $3.9M. Expects FQ1 revenue of $882M-$887M and EPS of $0.40-$0.42 vs. a consensus of $886M and $0.42. Expects FY14 (ends Jan. '14) revenue of $3.82B-$3.87B and EPS of $1.93-$1.97 vs. a consensus of $3.85B and $1.95. Shares +5.2% AH. (PR[View news story]
    I agree, why does it trade at such a high valuation? Makes no sense to me.
    Feb 28 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stay Rational: Speculating On Dell [View article]
    Sure thing MarkusNorCal, I appreciate your comment.
    Feb 28 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stay Rational: Speculating On Dell [View article]
    Paxguy,
    I think you missed the 'Part A' paragraph which is the scenario if Michael Dell and Silverlake back out. I agree that part of the deal certainly cannot be overlooked.
    Feb 28 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heinz Debt: Worth Its Weight? [View article]
    A very thorough analysis of Buffett's latest acquisition. Looking forward to how it turns out for Berkshire.
    Feb 26 11:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Reasons To Love Coach [View article]
    Hey J, it seems that KORS has positive momentum on its side in the short run, I would just go long COH and then reevaluate your short idea on KORS sometime in the future, perhaps in more pessimistic conditions.
    Feb 26 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment