Roadmap2Retire

View Roadmap2Retire's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What's A Fair Price For Chevron? [View article]
    Those shares must've multiplied nicely over the decades. Kudos to you.

Dec 18, 2014. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's A Fair Price For Chevron? [View article]
    Agreed, Kal and Guru. Its a good time to nibble at CVX.

Dec 18, 2014. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ag Growth International Cleared For Takeoff [View article]
    Great article, Chris. I've been keeping an eye on Ag Growth for a few months now, trying to understand the business and competition. It looks pretty strong and agree with most of the points you've made. The current PE seems pretty high (shouldve bought it when it was down at $45 CAD). The monthly yields sure look tempting.
    Anyway, thanks for the analysis.

Dec 17, 2014. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Archer Daniels Midland - Shareholders Can Expect Bigger Pay Raises [View article]
    Thanks Dennis. I own a significant position in this stock and am tempted to add more. Absolutely, as long as we have people eating - companies like ADM will flourish. The next dividend increase announcement should be coming any day now.

Dec 10, 2014. 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad you liked the article, EricSimpson1. Yes, as a DGI, I focus on the growth in dividends...and ADM has the track record of staying profitable and growing earnings/dividends for decades. I read up on Bunge (BG) now and then just as they are the closest thing ADM has for a competitor - even though BG is just half the market cap as ADM. I looked BG as a potential investment a few months ago, but decided not to...I cant remember off the top of my head why I decided that. I am not familiar with INGR. I will have to check it out...sorry, cant provide you any feedback there.

Dec 9, 2014. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad you liked it, sneaker1404. Feel free to stop by my blog and comment/question/feedb...

cheers
    Dec 9, 2014. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Union Pacific Corporation - Falling Crude Prices Might Present An Opportunity [View article]
    Thanks for sharing, midwest investor. The long term trend looks fantastic for UNP and I want to initiate a position sometime soon. I just bought my first railroad last week and went with CNI...I am looking at UNP as my second railroad holding. Long term capital appreciation and dividends should do well for my portfolio.

cheers
    Dec 3, 2014. 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Buy - Magna International Inc. [View article]
    Sounds like you got in at a good time, Jose. Enjoy those dividends!

Dec 3, 2014. 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Buy - Magna International Inc. [View article]
    Thanks TailWinds. The company is a bit of a darling in the Canadian industrial space and gets a lot of press coverage. Ive had my eye on it for a while and decided that it was a good time to initiate. Lots of US equities are overvalued and this company is attractive currently and is very competitive in the business. I will be holding this stock for a long time.

cheers
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I hear what you are saying, Jake1982. Crude doesnt make a huge portion of the current carload, but that is one commodity that is growing massively over the past few years. The amount of crude-by-rail is expected to grow massively (or atleast that was the plan, until this crash came along). See this report from the AAR.

There are more independent reports which explore the idea of how much growth can be achieved due to the crude-by-rail shift.

Dec 2, 2014. 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks RockieK. Glad you found the analysis valuable. Please feel free to share with others on social media.

Dec 2, 2014. 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Likewise, I will be buying if it falls below $100. Thats still 15% lower than current trading price...so, we have some way to go.

Dec 2, 2014. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed, PSalerno. The falling crude prices are impacting the payload in railraods as crude-by-rail has become more popular over the last couple of years. I figure a buying opportunity should present itself in the near future.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
    Dec 2, 2014. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 52 Fairly Valued REITs For Substantial Total Income For Your Retirement Portfolios [View article]
    Great analysis, Chuck. Thanks for putting this together.
    Nov 25, 2014. 03:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rogers Communications: Attractively Valued But Challenges Remain [View article]
    BoomBoom99,
    These are rough times indeed for Rogers. Which is probably why the stock is so subdued - everyone is waiting to see where things go. I am not crazy about the fact that the earnings are expected to decline. While I continue owning a small position, I am considering if I should exit and wait to see where things go over the next year or two before committing long term.

I am long BCE as well. The other telecom stock I own is AT&T.

cheers