Robert Allan Schwartz

View Robert Allan Schwartz's Comments BY TICKER:
AA, AAN, AAPL, ABBV, ABC, ABT, ADM, ADP, AFL, AGD, AGG, AGNC, AJG, AMGN, AMIGF, AMZN, APD, ARCP, ARCT, ARG, AVIV, AVP, AWK, AWR, BA, BAX, BBL, BBY, BCE, BCR, BDJ, BDT, BDX, BEN, BF.B, BGG, BGS, BHP, BIP, BLL, BMR, BMS, BND, BOKF, BP, BRC, BREW, BRK.A, BRK.B, BTI, BUD, CAG, CAH, CAT, CATO, CB, CBRL, CHD, CHEUY, CHRW, CIM, CINF, CL, CLCT, CLX, CM, CMI, CMLP, CMRE, CNI, CNRD, COP, COST, CPB, CR, CSCO, CTL, CVR, CVX, DBD, DE, DEO, DGRS, DGRW, DIA, DIS, DKS, DLR, DLX, DOV, DOW, DPS, DRI, DTN, DVY, DX, EADSF, EBF, ECL, ED, EMR, ENB, ERIE, ESLT, ESV, ETN, EV, EXC, EXR, FAST, FB, FDS, FHCO, FII, FLY, FRD, FRT, FSC, FTR, FUN, GCI, GD, GE, GEF, GEF.B, GIS, GLD, GME, GOOD, GPC, GRMN, GWW, HAS, HCBK, HCLP, HCP, HEINY, HGIC, HHS, HMN, HNZ, HOG, HRL, HRS, HSH, HSY, HT, HTA, HYG, IBM, IDV, INTC, IRM, ITW, IVV, JCI, JCP, JJSF, JNJ, K, KMB, KMI, KMP, KO, KODK, KRFT, LANC, LDR, LECO, LEG, LLY, LMT, LO, LOW, M, MAIN, MAT, MCD, MCHP, MDLZ, MDP, MDT, MET, MHFI, MKC, MMM, MN, MNDO, MNR, MO, MON, MOS, MRK, MSFT, MUR, NEE, NHI, NKE, NLY, NOC, NP, NRP, NSC, NSRGF, NSRGY, NUE, NUS, NVS, NWL, O, OFC, OHI, OKE, ORCL, ORI, OSGB, OXY, PAYX, PBI, PCAR, PEP, PERM, PFE, PFG, PG, PH, PII, PM, PNR, POT, PPG, PPO, PSX, PX, QCOM, RAS, RAVN, RDC, RDS.A, RDS.B, REG, RLI, ROST, RPM, RRD, RSG, RSH, RTN, RY, SAFT, SBUX, SDRL, SDY, SEP, SHW, SJM, SLF, SO, SON, SPLS, SPLV, SPY, STON, STRA, STX, SVU, SWK, SYK, SYY, T, TAL, TAP, TAXI, TBT, TD, TEVA, TGH, TGT, THO, TIP, TIS, TJX, TLT, TMP, TOT, TR, TROW, TRV, TUP, UG, UL, UMH, UN, UNH, UPS, UTX, UVE, UVV, V, VALE, VDIGX, VFC, VGR, VIG, VIVO, VMC, VNRCF, VO, VTR, VYM, VZ, WAG, WDFC, WEN, WFC, WFM, WHR, WIN, WM, WMT, WPC, WRI, WTR, WU, XLP, XOM, XRX, YUM, ZTS
  • 4 Things You Must Know About Buying Stocks Now [View article]
    "some oil companies have depressed earnings"

They should see a psychiatrist.

:-)
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Near-Retiree: Let's Be Careful Out There [View article]
    "The little guy can't compete with the professional trader."

You don't have to compete with the professional trader.
    His goals are not your goals.
    You can achieve your goals no matter what any other person does.
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Near-Retiree: Let's Be Careful Out There [View article]
    "The rationale for purchasing these stocks is tempered by the market's signal that value is going down."

I look at it differently.
    The market's signal is that the PRICE is going down.
    Value is in the eye of the beholder.
    If I can pay less tomorrow than I did yesterday for the same share of stock, then I am actually getting MORE value for my money.
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Be Sure You Won't End Up Eating Cat Food In Your Retirement [View article]
    "I should allow for inflation? I'm not sure I know what you mean."

Yes, you do:

"My DGR will be greater than the rate of inflation"

Question asked and answered.
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Growth Investors Livin' Too Large? [View article]
    Thanks, TF!

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Ye Of Little Faith' What Has It Cost You? Part 1 [View article]
    "chowder,
    ...
    You only need to open your eyes (and mind) to see it."

Thanks for the best laugh of the day!

Imagine someone telling CHOWDER he needs to open his eyes and mind.

You clearly don't know Chowder.

:-)
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Contributors And Commenters Pick The Best Dividend Growers For The Next 5 Years [View article]
    "Most retirees cannot survive on a 3%-5% yield."

It depends.
    On what principal is that yield based on?
    3%-5% of $5,000,000 is probably enough.

I don't look at yield.
    I look at dollars.
    Does my portfolio produce enough dollars for me to pay my expenses?
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Growth Investors Livin' Too Large? [View article]
    TF, if you're looking for CAGR over many years, I have that:

Choose the year, and you will see a list of companies sorted by decreasing CAGR.

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Growth Investors Livin' Too Large? [View article]
    Ask and you shall receive!

Here's the link:

Jul 3, 2015. 07:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Share Price Has Gone Down - Should I Buy, Hold, Or Sell? [View instapost]
    Hi Shaine,

Cute puppy in your photo!

I will let you know what I do, but for now, I will hold.

Thanks for writing,

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Share Price Has Gone Down - Should I Buy, Hold, Or Sell? [View instapost]
    Craig, your thoughts make a lot of sense to me.

Thanks!

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Share Price Has Gone Down - Should I Buy, Hold, Or Sell? [View instapost]
    Pen, I commented above that if I had more courage, I would buy right now.

Sigh ... What's a poor investor to do? :-)

Thanks for visiting,

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Share Price Has Gone Down - Should I Buy, Hold, Or Sell? [View instapost]
    Craig, I'm hoping that the relative stability in the payout ratio will prevent a dividend cut, but of course you might be right.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Share Price Has Gone Down - Should I Buy, Hold, Or Sell? [View instapost]
    Paper, TGH is just a few percent of my overall portfolio, so I am not overweighted in it.

If I had more courage, I would buy more now, but I just have enough courage to hold. :-)

Thanks for writing,

Robert
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Share Price Has Gone Down - Should I Buy, Hold, Or Sell? [View instapost]
    Hi Ted,

Good article! I will add a comment there. Thanks for the lead.

I agree with you, all the quantitative data in the world doesn't help, when one needs to make a qualitative decision.

Thanks for reading my article!

Robert