Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #48 [View instapost]
    FG;

Done with PCLN, I'm not planning to put it back on.
    Nov 26, 2014. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Invest -- it's quite small (India), for now.

My Nasdaq oriented shorts are multiples larger.
    Nov 26, 2014. 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    FG;

You are right its a very difficult short. I actually think though in time it goes right back to the IPO at 24
    Nov 26, 2014. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like PCLN head faked me. Right back down after a one day squeeze.

I've re-established one new short in (TCS) on its failure at 23.

(during a period where retail is going mental). Target below 16.00
    Nov 26, 2014. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Invest -- gotta wonder what this will do for the appetite for high yield bonds, overall.

As a value investor -- where are you seeing any value in the US market, outside energy??
    Nov 26, 2014. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fear of missing out. There are different kinds of fear.

I shouldn't complain, because considering how parabolic the nasdaq has gone, and I am short numerous compenents, I am making money overall doing it.

Except on Gopro. Obviously this is a reason to load up:

GoPro follow up: GPRO rips to session high on WSJ report co plans to offer consumer drones late next year (77.60 +2.89)
    Nov 26, 2014. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    F,T:

Even If I wanted to take a shot at a name like SDRL, I can't when everything in me screams " extreme risk" when looking at the parabolic rise we are in -- at least on the nasdaq.

I could very well be wrong, but I can't chase here.
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: You'd Have To Be Crazy To Sell This Stock [View article]
    Go for it; Let us know when you bail out.
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill -10% on dividend suspension, plunging Q3 profits [View news story]
    SDRL.

JUst Curious CHRIS if shareholders have "lost anything yet"
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $16 SDRL -- call 911 on this "good stock" as I believe it's been labelled.
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    T;

You never know but I think the world as whole, and demand, is slowing.

I get the trade. Perhaps someone buying SDRL right here would make fortunes. If I thought we were at a different point in the cycle I might. But the whole stock market is a little too --- lets call it overbought to be charitable -- here for my liking.

I'm more looking at who else might blow up because of the same dynamic, like ethanol producers, or TSLA.

Long side I would focus on Nat gas
    Nov 26, 2014. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    FG;

LOng term chasing stocks like GPRO seem like a great way to end up in the poorhouse. Greater fool theory.

I've added to a couple of shorts today. To me the Nasdaq is in total bubble mode now.
    Nov 26, 2014. 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill -10% on dividend suspension, plunging Q3 profits [View news story]
    "What about JF's comments last time?? Was his last large purchase of shares a deliberate smoke screen to keep investor's in??"

Gee. Ya think?
    Nov 26, 2014. 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Doesn't sound bullish for oil
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

This doesn't sound good. Not that credit seems to matter.
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment