Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The 'End Game' - My Take On Indicators Leading To The End Of The U.S. Bull Market [View article]
    User, makes sense to me.

I would (and have) sustantially bet the fed will not hike too soon or agressively.

If I'm wrong, my plan will change.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    On a longer time frame, IBB sure looks somewhat parabolic to me.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rogro,

There were parties in house flipping. Housing caused the market crash, not the market itself.

I don't see a comparable today.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I recommend you examine the links I provided from the St louis fed on consumers debt and debt service ratios. Tremendous restructuring and delevering has happened.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is no defined time period for a business cycle. I used to subscribe to this, however I believe now as a post crisis recovery, this one is exceptionally slow to mature, and so the end game may be aways off.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As stated I believe this Fed will be extremely cautious is raising rates, and when they start, I believe the pace will be very slow. Why not? What data point is actaully pushing them to raise?

Higher inflation, even 3%, would be in the governments best interest, actually.

I share your fiscal policy concerns, the economy might eventually thrive is spite of them.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Xpan,

Stated simply, I don't. I trade in an intermediate time frame, and will adjust as the data does.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Kevin,

When I consider the combination of wage hikes, lower gasoline prices, higher savings rates and lower debt service ratios -- this ratio has plunged -- I see good things for the consumer.

Increased rent may spark a buying cycle that is positive for housing construction ultimately.
    Mar 29, 2015. 06:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Readers Forum [View instapost]
    Chris,

Pls define qualified investor.
    Mar 28, 2015. 06:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Equities: The Top May Now Be In [View article]
    David;

I'd start by figuring that out. Gel you are absolutely correct --
    Mar 28, 2015. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Equities: The Top May Now Be In [View article]

Owen;

There are uncovered areas; especially exposed to EM markets.

I've come around to the view this is a very slow economic cycle; and it will finish with higher inflation expectations and rates.

There are still 2 many commentators, including on this thread, outright angry at central bank policies and feel it is their duty to fight it. I was there, from time to time.

I have come to some peace that this is the way it is, and rather than fight it, I am looking for those individual or sector ideas I consider undervalued.
    Mar 27, 2015. 10:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Equities: The Top May Now Be In [View article]
    "How long have you been investing".

Long enough to know what I am doing. And I short when appropriate, too.

Mar 27, 2015. 10:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Friday Freefall Possible As Slew Of Middle East Issues Weigh On Weekend [View article]

I was nothing but a buyer yesterday and late Wednesday even. I see no reason to change. Details above.
    Mar 27, 2015. 07:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mistakes Made -- (Part 2) The Fallacy Of Focus On The Wrong Inputs To Drive Intermediate Term Market Movements.  [View instapost]
    Thanks; This is excellent data.
    Mar 26, 2015. 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Equities: The Top May Now Be In [View article]
    "I don't think anyone should be on cruise control at this stage."

I totally agree with that!
    Mar 26, 2015. 01:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment