Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #54 [View instapost]
    I am not in Line. However I am extremely bearish on the high cost Canadian oil sands here. $50.00 WTI means $35.00 Cnd. Heavy crude; that just doesn't compute there.

I would also sell the bounce in RIG, HAL ect, unless one has a very long term holding period.
    Dec 23, 2014. 01:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    N;

I've continue to add to my oil sector shorts on these strong market days, I am virtually certain oil tests 50.00 with related stocks selling off.

Also to the blog I've added 2 small pieces to my GILD short at 88.30 - 88.90 area, initial target 80. We'll see.
    Dec 23, 2014. 01:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Awesome.
    Dec 23, 2014. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Jim;

It isn't difficult at all.

Gild, Appl, Doritos, cheerios, whatever. It's all risk trades to me.

I shorted yesterday at 95; after the first drop.

I don't have a price target. I will take it as it comes.

Btw the emotionalism I see on the long side is a prime marker I look for in short candidates. Never, ever get emotional about a stock. I'm not here to debate, I'm here to make money. Some would rather debate....

As for this being wonderful news for Abbvie, I'm not saying that, and I doubt anyone who gets the ramifications is saying it, either.

Obviously some people aren't getting it. Oh well.
    Dec 23, 2014. 12:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Timmie's -- I'm a Canuck too -- respect the view but this is a very crowded long, IMO, and GILD is not priced for serious competition.

Might turn out fine but I see risk to at least 80 and maybe 70 here. Not arguing its not a fine company, but run-up reflects this.

BTW I am very, very worried about the next year or 2 for our home economy.
    Dec 23, 2014. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    This is not short sellers attacking the name. Per my long post above, long side institutions are (likely) dumping in size.

They will not wait around for a price war, they have made their money and are moving on. There is no "fear" here, no "capitulation" . The news flow will likely worsen and the institutions are not choosing to stick around.

JMO from 16 years in the business.

I will offer another small piece short at 90.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    I added a hair to my short at 88.30, but not much more.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    V;

IMO; Oil tests $50.00, and soon.

I am short several names. PBR is a toxic waste dump.

Other names BSF mentioned are excellent, along with perhaps RDS.B. If I'm right I would stick with the strongest supermajors for now.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:29 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    L;

I don't know, I am NOT shorting any of them. I have enough irons in the fire! I mentioned 3 DIFFERENT names, BTW.

I am RECOMMENDING Investors reduce exposure to the SECTOR for the reasons I outlined, and, this sector HAS had a large RUN - UP and is -- AGAIN -- extremely popular these days. Hence MIGHT get profit taking in 2015.

Note the word, SECTOR.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Alex;

I may add to my short a little; likewise on a bounce.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Alex;

Thanks for the compliment.

I suppose there are many ways to look at "overbought" and "oversold". On a monthly! chart, stock has had a parabolic run-up; it's a very popular stock; and some uncertainty is now in play.

Looking at a long term chart, I see support at 80, then mid- 60's. I might reduce at 80, we will have to see. I am slightly surprised they are taking it down before year end, must mean someone(s) want out now. I'm in no hurry, but will change my mind on a dime if warranted.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've observing for now. Stock trades 86, I'm closing in on 10 points. Big size volume, appears to be institutions I would guess.
    Dec 23, 2014. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    For those interested I tried to add another 1/3 to me short from yesterday at 92; and missed. I will stand pat short from 95.25 my market weight position.

As I thought institutions appear to be dumping the name in size today.
    Dec 23, 2014. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I tried to add to the short at 92; missed my entry, brokerage too slow to arrange the borrow. That happens, not chasing here. Stock trades 89.80.

BTW; L, I thought we were not to "trumpet results here".
    Dec 23, 2014. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If all do not mind; I am short the name.

I will do my own analysis and post it for the benefit of others reading. I've completed this above but IF there is an update I feel relevant I will post that as well.

This is nothing to do with anyone's trade but my own.
    Dec 23, 2014. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment