Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy The Fear Now: Powerful Year End Rally To 2250 On S&P 500 [View instapost]

Readers this post has now been published as an article, with some minor enhancements and content.
    Sep 3, 2015. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Fear Now: Powerful Year-End Rally To 2250 On The S&P 500 [View article]
    Eagle;

Tough Question!

The pessimistic case; would be to say flat. However I can still see a sharp rally even if this is the case, for reasons outlined.

Down the road I see higher revenue growth as the younger generation eventually take the hand off from the Boomers, form families, and spend.
    Sep 3, 2015. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Robin;

I could see the same; certainly.
    Sep 3, 2015. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks FG.

I believe Tuesday was the retest at 1900 SPX, and it was successful.
    Sep 3, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    We are rallying hard this morning. Forward Volatility is collapsing, as is the Euro, while oil is rallying. All very risk - on supportive.

I have trimmed enough to bring myself from about 120+ % net long to about 105% now, just to get off margin.

All core positions remain intact, eg I sold EWZ brazil, not even listed, for about a $1.50 loss. I'll wait for a government change there.

I did trim the "excess" size in positions like AAPL, DIS, FB, keeping a core.

On hard rallies I will sell my losers first.

One day at a time.
    Sep 3, 2015. 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fortune;

I get the rational of those (like me) looking for that 1600 retest; I simply think rates are too low and bonds too well behaved at this time.
    Sep 3, 2015. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes. We slightly broke 1900 this past tuesday. (S&P futures) That was the retest, (I believe) and when I wrote this.
    Sep 3, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Considering energy, Junk has actually hung in fairly well (Energy bonds have a large representation)

Snow flies...depends where you are. A couple hours car ride north of me, thats pretty early....
    Sep 3, 2015. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Readers -- this was originally published as an instapost after the close on Tuesday, Sept 1rst.
    Sep 3, 2015. 07:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Producing Industry: When Will It Be Safe To Invest Again? [View article]
    Mark,

You are overlooking the millinials -- largest generation in history. Up and coming.
    Sep 2, 2015. 11:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: What Are The Lessons From The Market Turmoil? [View article]
    San Diego NS.

Whose responsibility is it to maintain RSP (I'm not familiar) not one penny below 71.00?

Whrre does it stop? You believe in free markets or don't you?

No one told the public to dump ETF's at the market that morning. Anyway ---

I was referring actually to the commentary, I'm not sure the original source but complaining about option spreads on Mondays open not being "fair".

Give me a break. Anyone who says that has no clue what a trading floor is like on a volatile opening, without even knowing where the stocks are opening.

I do. It's whining to expect the floor pros to stand there and get picked off on an crazy open. Not gonna happen.
    Sep 2, 2015. 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Trigger Event In The Vix Asset Allocation Model 8/31/15 [View instapost]
    Good points and I have considered CB selling --

Gee on Vietnam how do I know.

I need to weigh what you wrote against what I percieve to be the valuations and sentiment in play after a long bear market in EM and still growing secondary countries.

Rd.
    Sep 2, 2015. 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    San Diego,

So did I and I'm happy with the fills I got this morning.

Hence shouldn't be called "ugly".

So hence I don't get the whining the options or ETF markets weren't a dime wide that morning.
    Sep 2, 2015. 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Discount David Einhorn [View instapost]
    Excellent. Buy stars when they are down. I agree.
    Sep 2, 2015. 08:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Days later, with the tactical risks and opportunities out there, I can't beleive any part of the discussion has revolved around how the market last Monday was "unfair".

Unfair I guess for market sell orders!

Gee -- instead take advantage! Let's not "regulate" everything!

People who are saying America (and Canada) are quickly turning completely socialist are so right. Losses are now "unfair" some how.

Where is personal responsibility?
    Sep 2, 2015. 08:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment