Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CONSTRUCTIVE ON EMERGING MARKETS -- AND (TOUGH) LESSONS LEARNED [View instapost]
    I'm liking this action as a wall of worry is rebuilt, partial list would be Ukraine, ISIS, higher rates, hawkish FED, Europe slowdown, and scotland separation fears.

All of that coming off such an overbought state -- again we bend and don't remotely break.

Emerging markets corrected 5% off of major sloped resistance, but India, China A, Vietnam, and even Russia held tough.

When EEM takes out that resistance above 46 area, those 4 will likely lead the way ---

Also a great setup in solar, and capitulation type selling in energy. All in all a good week to measure correct positioning.

Think we likely close the year, strongly. We are working off the overexburant state of the market.
    Sep 12 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BTW -- There is NO CHANCE The Fed will be overtly hawkish at this week's coming meeting --- and it's "fully priced" anyway.

Expect a softer Fed and Dollar selloff!
    Sep 12 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Capitulation in the whole energy sector. Listening to CNBC you'ed think there would never be a rally in oil and related ever again. I'm a buyer of SDRL, BP, and Russia via RSXJ.
    Sep 12 03:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Volume is indicating capitulation action in this name today.
    Sep 12 03:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yep, yep, and yep. Look closely at a (FSLR) weekly chart
    Sep 12 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    You Short KG?
    Sep 12 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've been an aggressive buyer of (FSLR) today stock and calls, looks like an imminent test of 2014 resistance upcoming above 74.

Also think energy is capitulating here and is a great long term buy.
    Sep 12 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I changed my mind and covered shorts. I don't wish to have this as my focus.

Today I'm adding to (SDRL) on the panic over Russian Sanctions. I continue to expect a deal to be made at some point. I've bought shares and sold puts.

Also long (EXXI) as they throw energy out the window.

I note China A shares and India continue to quietly work higher.

Thinking this grinding correction is healthy and working off the market's overbought condition.
    Sep 12 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Yep. Something like that. Of course no-one wants to buy when they should.
    Sep 12 11:26 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bad News For Gazprom As Russia Sinks Lower [View article]
    Don;

Thanks for answering -- not.

I'm looking for clarity on your actual or recommended positioning, please.
    Sep 12 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bad News For Gazprom As Russia Sinks Lower [View article]
    Don,

Thank you for your article. Are you advocating shorting Russia at this time?

Regards --
    Sep 12 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China: ETFs For Investing In The Dragon [View article]
    I'm with you in the A shares.

Again no comments on a china article. Totally out of favor.
    Sep 11 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Infrastructure Could Be The Next Big Investment Opportunity [View article]
    Thanks for writing. I fully agree and expect a major infrastructure program will appear in the future. It's a rational step and needed in this country.
    Sep 11 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mostly standing pat. Trimmed a little BP bought 45 at 46.50, keeping a position there.

Put three small shorts back on, very small.

AMZN --- weak technicals and some questionable fundamentals.
    KORS-- weak retail and major insider -- has sold all shares.
    MBLY -- extremely overbought.

Main longs continue to be China and India small caps ETF's, Russia and Vietnam, plus energy exposure purchased on this dip, some of which I will trim on an oversold bounce, while keeping a core position.
    Sep 10 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar May Drag Down Emerging Markets [View article]
    Chris, true. I give other factors greater weight, but Asia specific.

My thoughts: