Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • On Unicorns And Market Bubbles [View article]
    Bret; Excellent article and advice to raise cash. I offer similar here and invite you to comment: Regards Robert

Aug 3, 2015. 01:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Federal Reserve Takes A Vacation [View article]
    Maybe a good day to invite you to read my article, George.....

Aug 3, 2015. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For A 300-500 Point Correction In The S&P 500 - And Still A 'Secular Bull' [View article]
    Market is starting to really give it up here. I am correctly positioned and doing absolutely nothing.
    Aug 3, 2015. 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update For Bond And Equity Preferred Stock Basket Strategy As Of 7/31/15 [View instapost]
    SG;

Look at MEMP today. Shocking in such a risk on market. Something is wrong with energy going forward to see these prices.
    Aug 3, 2015. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whiting Petroleum Choking On Kodiak Acquisition [View article]
    "sigh"

I've certainly tried.

Aug 3, 2015. 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whiting Petroleum Choking On Kodiak Acquisition [View article]
    For those cherry picking the "bottom" -- WLL is my single largest short.

I've been trading commodities and commodity stocks for 17 years.

Just passing that along.
    Aug 3, 2015. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy's Brilliant Move Is Bullish [View article]
    Market is showing ample confidence in LINE's brilliance this morning.

NOT
    Aug 3, 2015. 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment

This is an actual portfolio I have kept updated since its creation on June 15th, when I recommended selling US Shale in my article. I have tried to keep it completely accurate with trade entries and exits. (and some losses)

I think readers will agree when looking at the returns, which those holding the same stocks long would have suffered similar losses, the point being that in discussing bull and bear markets, it truly is a market of stocks.
    Aug 3, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Investment principles to consider:
    Aug 3, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And China keeps slowing.

Gradually, if you believe China's numbers (cough, cough)

The air is being squeezed out of the bottle. I have popcorn in hand and am watching.
    Aug 3, 2015. 09:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Abdullah,

We are off topic here but it's all about valuations.

I am short, very modestly, the entire AAPL ecosystem here and think I will make money doing so. That is a short term trade and I will do those when warranted.

I do not recommend this strategy to most investors.

Tesal is a different matter. I think the business model is already completely broken and is a an extremely risky place to invest. Their accounting is very aggressive, and when the credit cycle turns, this will become an issue.

You are of course both welcome and also to take the other side and make Tesla a core part of your portfolio. It's a core short of mine and I stand by it with conviction. I think their projections and financials are both a complete house of cards and will crumble as such.
    Aug 2, 2015. 11:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy's Brilliant Move Is Bullish [View article]
    NP in LINE. I have tried and would short it if I could borrow stock to do so.

Written many times certainly not hiding my thoughts on it.
    Aug 2, 2015. 08:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy's Brilliant Move Is Bullish [View article]
    Jroegner,

This isn't news -- and was all well know by these -- uhmmmm --- pundits when they pushed this broken stock.

They published distortions and mistruths about LINE's financials -- and now have disappeared.

Am I wrong to ask for simple accountability? Where is discussion on risks?

I think these are fair questions.
    Aug 2, 2015. 07:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy's Brilliant Move Is Bullish [View article]
    Mark,

We don't know for who or why anonymous authors are touting a stock.

The unexplained agressiveness and attempt to stifle dissent on some stocks on these boards should raise questions.
    Aug 2, 2015. 07:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Alert,

Good points investors need to consider.
    Aug 2, 2015. 07:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment