Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ideas, Suggestions, Disclosure, & Common Sense [View instapost]
    My numbers are exactly as I previously stated, and you note above -- and still are, as of today, for 2015 year to date. They are what they are.

There is large currency gain in 2014 when results are attributed back to Canadian dollars, as the USD had a huge move higher against the C$

Perhaps a more accurate figure instead the the 38% that includes currency gain, would be @ 10 points less, 28% expressed in USD. Perhaps that makes you feel better.

There is a small currency gain in 2015 YTD but is diminishing.

Remember I'm not selling any service, no newsletter. What motivation would I have to exaggerate?

I am not backing away from my comments. However I pulled the comments both as I felt no need to either promote myself in that way; its not relevant to the quality of ideas discussed; and I was attempting to defuse a source of conflict that had no purpose.

You, however, can't seem to leave well enough alone.

You've made your choice and I will take this up will SA.

I don't care if you or any other reader thinks my results, which again there is zero purpose in promoting, believes them or not; but repeatedly implying or calling other posters liars is completely beyond any limits, unacceptable to me, and I believe, SA as well.

I've saved this entire comment thread, for a clear record.
    Apr 16, 2015. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ideas, Suggestions, Disclosure, & Common Sense [View instapost]
    MY last word on the subject.

I tell it like it is, too, I'm extremely direct; and I don't suffer fools, I don't mollycoddle, I'm not interested in your feelings.

If you choose to promote yourself and post views, be prepared to take the heat, or don't post.

And I will decide What I find offensive, and call out the party in question. Don't even think about giving instructions.

Your Bernie Madoff comments in particular I find offensive in regards to my results. No one is forcing you to believe my results, but calling other posters fraudulent liars crosses any line.

You continue to use that term, and continue on various article postings; to strongly imply I have been lying and distorting my performance all along, even after I deleted my own comments referencing my results, so they are not a distraction that takes away from a free exchange of ideas.

So FG I'll give you a simple choice, cause I'm done skating around this. Apologize publicly, retracting your comments invoking Madoff type stuff, state for the record you falsely accused another poster of fabrication, post this on the last 5 comments we have posted on, + L's blog, or I take this issue up directly with one of SA's senior editors.

THE bottom line. Make your choice, sir.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ideas, Suggestions, Disclosure, & Common Sense [View instapost]
    SG;

I clearly disagree and your comments should be made in context, IMO, in regards to this poster's behaviour.

NO one on SA IMO is more of a widespread "issue" to the work of others, who actual submit articles for publication -- constantly taking pleasure in humiliating, degrading and labeling others, instead of professional dialog.

Personally I think FG is abusive to numerous other posters on this site, his commentary is further poorly presented without links, backup or proof, and I think he should be moderated by SA.

Now via this post, he desires full slack, while offering other posters, none. Doesn't work in a community.

For these reasons, he gets zero slack from me. None.

I see the above as pure comedy, and my response is, "me thinks you doth protest too much".

Perhaps if he lead with gracious respect, as you do SG clearly, it would be returned.

My $0.02 on the matter.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Return Of The Inflation Trade -- Is Is Time To Prepare?  [View instapost]
    Don't know it, sorry
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #73 [View instapost]
    SG/DAP;

Just to bring to your attention.

Apr 16, 2015. 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Return Of The Inflation Trade -- Is Is Time To Prepare?  [View instapost]
    I've added a bit more to my FNMA position, positive news on fee structure as the street was expecting greater cuts.

I expect a housing boom is potentially in the beginning stages.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Reminds Me Of Apple Circa June 2013 [View article]
    Congrads on CBI, I gave up on that one, myself.

Personally, Im always willing to re-evaluate my somewhat cautious stance on GILD outlined here, as time moves on. I'm long and expect positive reaction to earnings.
    Apr 16, 2015. 07:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eurozone bond yields hit record lows [View news story]
    Wow -- they would have locked you up if you forecasted this 2010-2011.
    Apr 16, 2015. 07:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Wall Street Doesn't Want You To Know: The Foolishness Of Chasing The Most Popular Themes [View article]
    Glss,

GILD has endured a lot of consolidation. As I extensively commnented on Bret jensens article, I am long but I don't consider it one of my focus positions.

We will see and I'm open to re evaluating this view.
    Apr 16, 2015. 06:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Reminds Me Of Apple Circa June 2013 [View article]
    Trying,

Latest on inflation assets:

Apr 15, 2015. 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Btw SG totally agree.
    Apr 15, 2015. 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It Takes Courage To Not Run With The Bull [View article]

SG,

My latest ramblings on the potential for non consensus return of inflation:
    Apr 15, 2015. 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Reminds Me Of Apple Circa June 2013 [View article]
    Gregory -- agree but "immediate" being the operative, and known item here.

If abbvie released a one pill, doctors would have less reason to recommend GILD, and pricing becomes a greater factor.

My understanding is this is a state by state issue, some are more generous than others.
    Apr 15, 2015. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude futures extend gains on less than expected inventory build [View news story]
    Bullish;

I am long SUNE; levered to EM solar development, as a core position. Also (MBT), levered to Russia (telecom company), and PBR / CPG / SDRL.

I see all these (except SUNE which is fairly valued) as potentially still very mispriced.

Apr 15, 2015. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment