Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Existing Home Sales Decline Year Over Year For Eleven Months In Row [View article]
    Unlike you; I am not promoting a newsletter for $9.95 as so many are here....sure I make macro comments....but why would I trade a broad index?
    Oct 26, 2014. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Homes Sales: September Report Confirms That The Data Is Unreliable [View article]
    Another non - answer.

Answer the question. What are you invested in specifically? What are the firm target prices?
    Oct 26, 2014. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't trade the SPX, so it's irrelevant actually. I do examine all sides of the equation and possible outcomes.

Let's try something. I ask the question, you answer.

What and when is your SPX target?

Lots of people are buying oil stocks calling the bottom. Are you? Why or why not?
    Oct 26, 2014. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Victory For The Bears [View article]
    P,

Are you saying the beginning of EVERY bear market has been preceded by a recession?

Please back this statement up, because that's not factual.

Btw how did you know a recession started in December 2007? In December 2007 did you or bbro below actually state publically a recession has started, or was it declared long afterwards? And if long afterwards, frankly what value is that?
    Oct 26, 2014. 11:24 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I disagree now, and I don't need to agree with Dave -- to call for actual contributions from those commenting. Dave is actually irrelevant to my point. If you have a different view -- tell us what YOU are buying, and specifically.

Maybe you were bullish in mid 2008 bbro. Suppose we will never know.

So how about some targets bbro? Contribute something!
    Oct 26, 2014. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IL,

Right or wrong, all anyone wants to do is take shots. No-one wants to be accountable, write an article, stand by a specific recommendation and specific call.

How about some guts and write an article, take the heat, like I have done? You commenters will never have my respect until you stand on the firing line.

Take a stand man!

No position in housing. And long term I think Dave will be wrong, so am not a cheerleader either.
    Oct 25, 2014. 08:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BBRO.

9600 comments all taking shots at others.

You would earn respect if you declared what stocks you own, entry prices, march 31 2015 targets for the SPX and other indexes, best sectors to invest.

Try contributing something.

Give some targets -- be held accountable...
    Oct 25, 2014. 08:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bbro,

What has this got to do with today's article?

Clearly you have nothing to contribute -- for free anyway.

I'd like to see YOUR record sir. All you do is take shots.
    Oct 25, 2014. 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Intermediate Term Bottom In The Commodity Complex May Be In Place [View instapost]
    ...And I've blown out of every commodity name on the oversold bounce, and shorted several. In short, the above instapost is wrong / premature.

See my upcoming article.
    Oct 25, 2014. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 2014 Stealth Bear Market: A Transition Or A Top? [View article]
    Your 2009,2010.2011 examples of a strong dollar were all followed by major new QE programs, and a weaker dollar. Poor examples to make your point.
    Oct 24, 2014. 10:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #46 [View instapost]
    2 According to Reuters, the S&P 500 has enjoyed its largest gain in nearly two years, after suffering a four-week losing streak for the first time in three years. That's never happened before.

There were three other times the S&P jumped to its largest gain in one year, after suffering a four-week decline for the first time in one year: 29- Nov-1963, 2-Aug-1996 and 2-Jun-2000. Short-term future returns were mixed, but three months later all were positive. After that, the first two added significantly to gains, while the latter (2000), reversed into a bear market.

Sentimenttrader.com.

Never happened before -- certainly I have read that a lot the last few years--- challenging for the trader.
    Oct 24, 2014. 09:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tack,

I don't day trade stocks unless it's an overt mistake, or there is a massive move, or I want to make room for something better.

Following earnings, I covered 1/4 of pandora short, none of Angi (down 20%) and I actually added another 1/4 to Amzn short. I havent been paid yet, and these aren't meaningless positions. I held Angi and P shorts as the shills flooded SA with speculation both companies were fighting off suitors about to take over them at massive premiums. I added when this occurred.

I am holding all oil and material related shorts, and await the coming panic as oil trades into the mid 70's.

I am not going to cover RIG and pay up to do so, unless oil changes direction with authority. Has 75 and lower written all over it, IMO.

Shills have been promoting CLF ahead of earnings too. I'd be surprised if they are good eps.
    Oct 24, 2014. 08:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Amazon is a 140 billion market cap company, a rather important Nasdaq component. Hardly irrelevant.

Brazil is in a bear market. You have been high on them for much of the year, even as their important components which are commodity companies are getting trashed, as oil, iron ore, and copper are going lower in sustained bear markets. Now they are about to re-elect an overtly hostile government.

Cheap gets a lot cheaper sometimes. Cheap is NOT a reason to ever make an investment if the quality isn't there.

I am still short RIG. They are "cheap" and pay a dividend. I don't care. They are going lower, IMO.
    Oct 24, 2014. 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants To Hear Anything Good About Amazon, But... [View article]
    Let's call it 800 M FCF for the year. (I have not checked).

What's that then at 140+B MARKET cap -- over 150 times FCF.

Sound dirt cheap to anyone?
    Oct 24, 2014. 07:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Angie's List Reports Q3 2014 Earnings [View article]
    Tippy,

Dump your stock.

It is worth zero, likely within one year. There are no buyers for this failed company.

Still short ANGI, P, AMZN.
    Oct 24, 2014. 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment