Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #31 [View instapost]
    Fine. I'm short Yelp for the second time this year.

I covered in the low 50's, now back in from @ 75.

What do you want to discuss on it?

I'm also short currently (P) and (LNKD) again.
    Jul 11 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tack;

You also said the time to short (DB) was up near 50, I believe; and that it was time to load up at 43.

Now $9.00 lower.
    Jul 11 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lets take an accounting on your (DB) long call at 43 when you called anyone bearish on it foolish.
    Jul 11 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BAC is not consolidating. It has broken down and broken badly on any relative basis. It is close to "bear market" territory defined as a 20% drop from relative highs.

I suppose if you wish to measure from March 2009 it is up of course -- But who cares, thats irrelevant.
    Jul 11 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fear;

lets talk about something more mainstream we have butted heads on, thats (BAC).

I don't like the stock, its management, or its chart. I am short, as of yesterday. I believe you are a bull on the stock, and despite it having violated its weekly upward trendline from 2011, currently testing numerous lows and its 200 MA, and acting sickly all year, I am the "naysayer" on that stock too.

Want to explain that one?
    Jul 11 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I see. After scanning all that though ---

When examining a stock like (TWTR), all time low 30, all time high 75; currently 38, but you infer I wear the dunce cap for being bearish on it?

BTW I have heard that from TONS of bulls that I will be buried on my shorts on these kinds of stocks, because of them all becoming magically, massively profitable in 2019. (not TWTR -- not in that one but several others that are worse in social media)

I have heard nothing but flack the last couple of months, how I don't "get it" and (YELP) is worth at least 100 / share in spite of NEVER being profitable -- and insiders selling every share allocated to them.

I'm the one called a YELP "hater" for bringing these inconvenient facts up -- and the fact the stock is in a bear market, and I've done well shorting it!

Am still a hater and naysayer, and don't "get it".

Again -- No-where have I've said I'm short SPX. (IWM) is the key metric for me.
    Jul 11 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Damned If They Do And Damned If They Don't [View article]
    Yes I would. Brian is in charge. He should understand his own bank.
    Jul 10 11:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Damned If They Do And Damned If They Don't [View article]
    RS,

I am getting a touch suspicious on housing as well.
    Jul 10 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere [View article]
    Read the comments.

Man the bulls are confident and full of themselves.

Just sayin'
    Jul 10 11:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Damned If They Do And Damned If They Don't [View article]
    Couple of thoughts. When looking at BV I only look at tangible book. Goodwill is garbage.

I can't believe they would settle with Bac for 17B. I think the total harm to the countries economy should be examined. I think 100B, paid with a pertual tax on Bac's future profits, is appropriate.

Short Bac.
    Jul 10 11:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    And exactly how does that work with TWTR near the lows of the year?
    Jul 10 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That include the bears like me on stocks like (TWTR) etc?
    Jul 10 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "only when the tide goes out, do you see who's been swimming naked"

--- warren Buffett.

Me thinks theres a lot of naked swimmers out there.

One more quote:
    When the ducks are quacking, feed them. (via ipo's)
    Jul 10 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    T,

By your commentary, yes.
    Jul 10 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    T,

Delusional thoughts. Greater fool theory. Perhaps you throw darts.

Challenged by fools? I'll take that as a confirmation.
    Jul 10 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment