Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Case For A 300-500 Point Correction In The S&P 500 - And Still A 'Secular Bull' [View article]
    Stas,

Just noticed myself. Can't complain about the timing.

If long I'd sell no more than 1/4, just to bank something, if you wish, because of the sheer extremes in the whole space.

Haven't decided if I will do that myself. Maybe at 15 or higher I might. But I really want this space long term.
    Aug 27, 2015. 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil skies 10% as Venezuela reportedly asks for emergency OPEC meeting [View news story]
    "Annoying and distracting".

Not if you just bought, it isn't.
    Aug 27, 2015. 04:39 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekly Market Update - August 22nd, The FED And EARNINGS, Amidst A Strong Dollar And Weak Crude Oil [View article]
    Bob,

I dumped MU this morning at 14.70 on the open.

Oops. Cant win them all --
    Aug 27, 2015. 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Tack,

1000 points straight up, I need a hedge. I don't mind losing, a little.. If AAL takes off -- lol -- I'd cut that down. Now, both down.

As the market recovers, expect I'll add back a few more shorts to rebalance. (I had zero essentially the last few days until today, except TCS)
    Aug 27, 2015. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tack,

Humbly -- well call me lucky if you like.

Whatever floats your boat.

XOM, not to mention SLB's 12 billion takeover of CAM yesterday.

What does that signal?
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. I'll keep them for awhile. (ALL AND UAL).

2 scenarios, if one analyses this.

A. Economy takes off, oil takes off, airlines struggle. Good hedge against my big long book. They've had a huge run. Low oil is fully priced, and let's remember what a basket company UAL is anyway.

B. Economy tanks. Oil goes flat here. People stop flying.

I prefer A, obviously, but it's again an extremely contrarian play.

other winners today from oil stabilizing: ( long all).

Canadian banks, like TD RY,

REITS D.TO DIR.TO,

Materials TCK HBM BIR.TO

energy CNX CPG RDS FCX CPE ARP

EEM --- THD EPHE EWZ VNM

Others like TRN CBI

Real economy stuff
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hmmm.

You don't think XOM would have just an itty bitty insight into oil prices?
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Is Cramer bullish today?
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tack,

Guess my fascination with XOM wasn't so dumb, after all.

Stocks lead the commodity, every time
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fantastic morning, especially for those long Canada, EM, energy, materials, ect. Major catch up.

This morning I've just trimmed partial longs in NASDAQ big caps like AAPL, GILD, sold out of biotech BLUE, VRX, out of MU PANW, and shorted airlines AAL UAL.

that's it. Gets me off margin and down to 100% net long from @ 130% peak yesterday morning.
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: World Stocks Don Rally Caps [View article]
    uh, no. Unlike most, I actually, and transparently, posted what I was doing in my article, in advance, both being cautious (and neutral to net short) before the correction, and agressively buying the correction.

All posted in my article commments.

Too much fiction on SA is my point.
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've trimmed in some of the big nasdaq names I bought to get off margin, and re - shorted 2 Airline stocks.

Fantastic morning.
    Aug 27, 2015. 10:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: World Stocks Don Rally Caps [View article]
    Tony you pounded the table in many comments no correction in 2015.

What happened to that forecast?
    Aug 27, 2015. 08:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: World Stocks Don Rally Caps [View article]
    Blue,

To Fade. But I don't watch it.
    Aug 27, 2015. 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: World Stocks Don Rally Caps [View article]

Interesting Strike. Here you comment you are "all in" on August 15th.

Now you claim to be "all in" at the exact lows. Interesting how that works. How Many times can one be all in.

Earlier you called me out for my caution at SPX 2150.

Maybe think twice before doing that again.
    Aug 27, 2015. 08:09 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment