Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Bond Bubble Is Bursting [View article]

William;

I am with you and this is early on in the game. Shorting bonds is The hedge IMO, as well as a healthy cash allocation.

I would be watching Ag related closely here, as well.
    May 19, 2015. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dear FTC: There's Never Been A Better Time To Deal With Herbalife [View article]
    Beautiful move on HLF, Matt Stewart. Next likely event, could happen at any time; without warning stock will be halted; and news announcement;

"FTC clears HLF on all allegations".

Stock re-opens at 80.00

Sleep well, HLF shorts.

Long HLF calls, stock.
    May 19, 2015. 01:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hedge Funds Trade Alibaba Shares In Q1 [View article]
    "making profit" Really. and you know how much of any profit, assuming you are willing to risk your money on Chinese accounting, US investors are LEGALLY entitled to? Zero. Zip. Nada.

Read the corporate structure before buying something you don't understand.

No position in Baba and; I don't think my comment is much of an influence on Tiger management selling their stock, either, so nice logic there.

Maybe at $20.00 I'd take a shot. Have to be stupid cheap. I don't risk my money on a "fairly" valued Chinese accounting firm, with zero protections for US investors that clearly no one here has a clue about, unless its so cheap as to be a pure gamble -- cause thats what this is.

Good luck to those of you who like gambling. Buying things you don't fully understand is a fast way to the poorhouse, IMO
    May 19, 2015. 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mid - May Market Update, And The Uselessness Of Grand Predictions [View instapost]
    Edit....on this morning's crude selloff I did close shorts on those PXD / CLR / COS names, as // goes against my overall re-flation theme.

Due to the debt though I am somewhat wary on these names.

I am also bid to close short calls on FCX, SDRL, PBR, at a fraction of what I sold them.
    May 19, 2015. 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Will The Interest Rate Spike Pressure Stock Prices? [View article]
    Give me points for Honesty --
    May 19, 2015. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

My latest likely useless drivel -- enjoy !
    May 19, 2015. 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • One Man's Self-Deceit Is Another Man's Rationalization [View article]

More useless drivel to waste time on -- enjoy!
    May 19, 2015. 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Time Highs Prove Investors Must Be Stoned [View article]

More humourous drivel from me to read......
    May 19, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Trigger For Reducing Exposure - Its All About Bonds [View article]

Update. Note the bonds.....
    May 19, 2015. 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Time Highs Prove Investors Must Be Stoned [View article]
    I expect significant new, secular bull market highs at some point, and also expect a major correction at some point, whatever happens remember I called it.
    May 15, 2015. 05:09 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Trigger For Reducing Exposure - Its All About Bonds [View article]

Credit Suisse predicts bond Bear market:
    May 15, 2015. 07:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Trigger For Reducing Exposure - Its All About Bonds [View article]
    To clarify the above, I still have a large, long term put position in the TLT Jan 2017's, along with QQQ's, too.

I'd like to see how bonds react to an oil pullback, say even $5.00.

If they don't rally easily....telling.
    May 14, 2015. 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Trigger For Reducing Exposure - Its All About Bonds [View article]
    I've sold a few more Bond puts, I'm looking for a possible bounce there and pullback in Oil, shorting some Oil and related, here
    May 14, 2015. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Trigger For Reducing Exposure - Its All About Bonds [View article]
    Tack, where did I write this?

"The current tantrum in yields, is a temporary condition."

Fwiw,
    I make no grand predictions, only observations.
    May 13, 2015. 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SPY: Unlocking The Secret Of 'Timing The Market' [View article]
    Ken,

I think so too. Invest, but hedge. Trust, but verify.

There is a lot of dumb money in the market that forgot what risk looks like, margin calls, forced selling, rates above zero.

There is absolutely nothing new in the game of stock speculation. And I'm only 16 years in the game.
    May 13, 2015. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment