Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #5Best Ways To Invest -- What's Your Opinion? A Place To Share Ideas! #53 [View instapost]
    + 40 SPX futures, + 90 Nasdaq 100. Glad I'M NOT --- short the SPX or Nasdaq.

Toronto Flat on day, essentially, Russia - 4%
    Dec 18, 2014. 03:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm sure I'm just an irrational gambler; but I've added to Toronto / Russia / CLR / BHI shorts hereas Crude collapses.

Perhaps I'll lose my shirt, but I don't see the logic in "paying up for energy stocks today
    Dec 18, 2014. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    American Realty Capital Volume Alert: Shares see quick drop on increased volume following headlines suggesting former Chairman advised mangers to change financial data (8.20 -0.21)

No position...just passing along
    Dec 18, 2014. 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah; lets all chase here; better yet we will read more fantasy how "everyone" got long at the bottom (Heavy sarcasm)
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah; but supposedly this is such a high quality well run player;; so well thought of you cannot borrow shares, tells you what the institutions think of this wonderful stock.

Puts are likely ridiculous. I don't buy premium; mad an exception for GRPO
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Cutting Distributions And Capex May Be A Wise Strategy [View article]
    Line - 7% on a massive up day. I tried twice to short it at 14.70; could not get stock. Tells you a lot!
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That would have been a great short on LINE at 14.70; bummer I could not borrow stock. Trading 12.44 - 8% weakest energy stock of the bunch.
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For those "paying up" for energy stocks today -- Hello -- are you watching crude implode here?

Shorting BHI. I am betting this deal will get renegotiated.

Thats 3 oil stocks short now. Can't believe energy stocks are still positive on the day.
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    T;

I am short Toronto Futures; which is quite levered to energy; 2 oil stocks; and Russia Roubles. I can't borrow a couple of stocks I'd like to short, and would also like to see oil take out the lows @ 54.50
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have no bids for energy at all with what I see happening in crude right now.

short CLR, COS.TO, ROUBLES, TORONTO.
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Distributions About To Get Slashed? [View article]
    What a nutty morning. My concerns on Crude are coming back to roost.

I sold every energy stock I own on the opening gap up for nice gains, reshorted Toronto, CLR, Tried to short RSX, no stock, been short crude from 58 (now 56.25) Tried to short LINE; no stock...

Anyone want to lend me some?
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What a nutty morning. My concerns on Crude are coming back to roost.

Dec 18, 2014. 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've covered the Toronto Futures short for now. Nothing like another parabolic V bottom to make one look totally foolish.

Central Bank Christmas tidings, again.

Putin: (I quote) Russia economy will be fine.
    ECB: Greece is seeing positive progress
    Ummmm -- Right.
    Etc Etc.
    = Boom.

For all I know we scream right back to the highs; by tommorrow. Nothing would shock me.

Junk bond worries? Foolishness.

Live by the sword........
    Dec 18, 2014. 06:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    CR,

CPG has been very nice, 22 C$ to over 27. TWTR looks like death. TSLA got away on me but now has given a reentry at 206. I still have some GPRO puts.
    Dec 17, 2014. 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Doomsayers Were Wrong In 2009: 4 Reasons Why They Are Wrong Now [View article]
    TIM,

An 80k insider buy is a complete joke, a very small trade. Would not hang your hat on that.

Talk to me at 2 million plus.
    Dec 17, 2014. 09:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment