Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Herbalife: Time To Look At The Long Side Again [View article]
    QTR;

you are commenting often how much flack and abuse you are taking for your short thesis and many articles. Is there not allowed one article taking the other side without you attacking it? You have made your case. Allow others to make theirs without interference, in respect.
    Apr 17 07:54 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 16 Good Reasons To Be Wary Of A Market Downturn [View article]
    T,

Wilbur Ross, Seth Klarman, Carl Icahn, Jim Rogers, Joel Greenblatt, all billionaires. All short and / or substantial sellers / hedged // cautious for various well documented reasons at this level. All of whom, are normally long only investors. (except Jim Rogers).

To folks like you and most commenters here, they are simply yahoo finance "pundits". That is too much.

How much money have you or anyone here made compared to them?

I would rather listen carefully to what an esteemed group of investing billionaires have to say, in conjunction with my own analysis, than a bunch of nameless SA pundits likely trading their 100 share lots.

None of you would likely even have the remotest chance of getting hired to analyze anything for these gentlemen.

But we are supposed to dismiss what they say without thought and call them "pundits, naysayers, and doubters".

No offense to anyone but the overall comment stream speaks volumes.

The ducks are quacking loudly, and they are getting fed!
    Jul 12 01:55 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 16 Good Reasons To Be Wary Of A Market Downturn [View article]
    That's respect Praveen, shooting off without even reading the article.

Wilbur Ross has stated he is selling 6 times more than he is buying. He's a billionaire, btw due to his investing.

I'm sure though he is simply a frustrated bear to folks like you and FG, and both of you have had much more success than smart money like Ross, Icahn, and several others, who are openly cautious here.

Ps. Praveen, exactly how much money have you made investing? I've made a lot -- and I am positioned short here.
    Jul 12 01:23 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Time To Look At The Long Side Again [View article]
    Great Article; except it would not take a year to hit $80.00 in the event of a benign FTC conclusion. It will happen instantly, either by an overnight announcement or a stop trading halt.
    Apr 17 07:46 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Herbalife Long's Very Last Argument [View article]
    At risk of repeating my reasons -- as I've previously posted -- I have a conviction long on this stock. At this point the risk is all to the shorts. I expect a benign FTC outcome, obviously.
    Mar 19 01:14 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett's Portfolios Don't Reward Investors For The Added Risks [View article]
    I truly don't get the point of an article simply slandering another investor.

Funnily enough, I think at this time in the cycle, BRK is about to move into a period where it will outperform the SPX, and I am buying the stock.
    Mar 6 08:17 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Analyzing Through The Speculation [View article]
    Also, I think afterwards the SEC will be taking a hard look at issues like inappropriate lobbying, insider trading, payoffs to politicans, ect.

I'm sure they can't be too impressed by the influence peddling to manipulate a stock. Trading records will be examined.

The shorts will get slammed hard by what will likely happen. Lawsuits galore in the future. Against writers too for defamation.

I can assure you -- articles, comments and even posts have been recorded from SA for future possible legal action.

You cannot willingly defame someone, like a Herbalife executive or even the company, and insinuate criminal activity, without proof!

Hope those who have done so are sleeping well.
    Apr 21 06:58 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Herbalife Long's Very Last Argument [View article]
    Speculation on these articles is rampant. I'd actually like to hear a defensible argument for such blanket thoughts as:

Icahn is selling;
    FTC will shut the company;
    Executives will be arrested;
    Even that Herbalife is a Pyramid scheme.

I love being long a stock where these thoughts are the common belief out there. Good luck to the shorts and I would bet on Carl Icahn over Bill Ackman 10 times out of 10. Regardless I would be long the stock here.
    Mar 19 01:27 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Analyzing Through The Speculation [View article]
    Hello Ken,

I respect the tone in which you've responded, so I will respond appropriately.

I've been in this business for 15 years as a professional, Ive done thousands of trades. Usually I'm pretty agnostic. This time, the barely veiled slander, accusations of criminal conduct thrown around, dirty tricks with payoffs, letters written and passed alonged to be signed by Senators unchallenged and unreviewed -- frankly makes me sick. It's become a circus. Writing a thesis wasn't enough, but all kinds of questionable practices and political pressure afterwards.

I both cannot believe none of the above hasn't been investigated, and if I was running the FTC, I'd be right annoyed at how this all landed on my desk.

Personally I will take pleasure in the short squeeze to come. The shorts who choose to libel and slander, and follow someone blindly, deserve what's coming. All IMO.

IMO this trade is between an army of weak follower shorts, and deep pocketed longs. Guess who's likely to win.
    Apr 21 08:17 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: All Eyes On Earnings, Venezuela And A Distributor Documentary [View article]
    This has become so repetitive --- QTR I don't believe there are any weak longs that can be scared out of the stock.

In my professional opinion, the reason the stock is rising on low volume, is simple -- there is no size offer, and no sellers in any size.

You have the right to write articles -- but it seems all meaningless until the regulatory agencies rule.

Long HLF
    Apr 28 08:23 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Analyzing Through The Speculation [View article]
    Herb's,

Exactly. Must be so frustrating they can't knock the stock down.
    Apr 21 06:49 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Time To Look At The Long Side Again [View article]
    If anyone is short this stock on the belief HLF is comparable to Madoff, my long position looks that much better.
    Apr 17 08:01 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife Debt Deal Leaves Ackman Licking His Chops [View article]
    This is a ridiculous thesis. Every day people open franchises of all kinds, from Wendy's to car dealerships to retail stores. I am sure the parent companies paint rosy projections to entice expansion. This is a free enterprise country, last I looked.

It is up to the Buyer to conduct proper due diligence on any investment, or franchise opportunity. Your standard carries an expectation each potential distributor will be told their business is unlikely to succeed.

Guess what -- businesses of all kinds have a 90% failure rate. Perhaps we should outlaw folks starting private companies.

In short I cannot see regulators taking any of these complaints seriously.
    Feb 4 11:04 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Analyzing Through The Speculation [View article]
    Question for you K.H,

I think # 4, a fine , is so highly probable as to approach 90%.

My question is, when this happens, how on earth will the 25 million shares short even begin to cover? I know I won't give you an offer, and I'll bid against you.

Btw, for anyone holding in the money puts of any size, good luck getting out. I know if I was the market maker for Bill's puts, I would show no bid. None. I know how the options floor works -- there will be no exit.

He will be stuck and so will anyone else.
    Apr 21 06:53 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Time To Look At The Long Side Again [View article]
    I think he has amply had the opportunity in numerous articles.
    Apr 17 08:06 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment