Robert Duval

View Robert Duval's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Retirement Strategy: Apple Is Not A Dividend Aristocrat, But Is Worth Adding On This Dip [View article]
    What Dip?
    Oct 17, 2014. 07:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cook Does Icahn's Dirty Work At Apple [View article]
    G;

I'm out of the short puts today, and back in outright short NFLX P AMZN.

You're on your own, buddy. Good luck.

No position in Yelp or LNKD.
    Apr 29, 2014. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Earnings Fall Is Completely Unjustified [View article]
    It would seem funds; or other investors are selling aapl; using it as a source of funds; to purchase perceived higher growth names like CRM, AMZN; NFLX. Sign of rising speculation in the overall market; in my view. I am looking at selling AAPL puts per the above comment. The cloud space is getting really overheated.
    Jan 26, 2013. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Earnings Fall Is Completely Unjustified [View article]
    Comments indicate to me, the crowd is still overly long, and still overly emotional, about one company among thousands. In the end, it is simply one of many great companies, and it is clearly in a maturing phase. Aapl will find a level and become a value stock, like many large tech companies before it have, IMO. It will then be a solid investment. Price action shows, it likely has not found that level yet.
    Jan 23, 2013. 08:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Cheaper iPhone Would Confirm A Lack Of Innovation And Declining Margins At Apple [View article]
    It is obvious by the comments, half the planet is long this one stock. The price is falling! All you need to know. If your bullish arguments meant something, insiders would be loading up here. It appears they are not doing this. Question is why then? I am short aapl, and looking for panic moment from retail, giving up on the stock.
    Jan 9, 2013. 09:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    First, exactly what are you smoking? Any move not in ones preferred direction in not always manipulation You reinforce my short position. I see the stock blowing through 500 in the coming days. There are nothing but sellers in the stock. I am pressing this and your comments make me feel better about the trade.

As for earnings, I think the street knows they will be extremely weak. Hence they are selling, now.
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Look At The Chart, Historical Comparisons, And Academia [View article]
    That is correct; 575. One site had the incorrect figure.

My point is the others cutting to 700 when it is 500 is ridiculous. That is far from a sign of pessimism! I want to see multiple "sells".
    Dec 17, 2012. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Please squeeze up aapl....might short it again.
    Dec 17, 2012. 07:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I follow price; aapl bulls! Yes; a bunch of iphones sold in China.....and the stock gapping down. Listen to price. As for fear; on analyst recommendations; how many "sells" are there out of 60+ covered? One? Where is the fear?
    Dec 17, 2012. 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Breaking -- citigroup slashes ratings and target on aapl to 525. Tommorrow should be fun, now the price targets are getting reasonable. For those bullish, better to kill all the late comer bulls to this thing with a fast 50 dollar flush, then a healthy base can be built.
    Dec 16, 2012. 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Mixed Bag Of Competing Considerations From Fundamental To Technical [View article]
    Exactly my point. Look at the emotionalism. Way too many married financially and emotionally to this one stock. Great case study.

As for analysts, I think about 65 cover the stock and one "sell", and what 4 "holds". Got to love these analysts! Call me when we get to -- say 5 or 10 "sells"? Target downgrades to 700 from 8 or 900 are a bit laughable.

I will reshort this stock on a good bounce. We are not done with this move. Am encouraged 'cause it seems I am alone in shorting it.
    Dec 15, 2012. 07:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Keep writing. Exactly spot on.
    Dec 15, 2012. 07:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The comments here are in la la land. Sentiment on this stock is not even close to the negativity for a bottom. No one is negative or fearful, everyone I am reading is trying to pick a bottom sounds like to me. Sounds like 95% here commenting are long trying to talk others into getting more long. I say a hard, panic flush is required here!
    Dec 15, 2012. 01:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Way too many emotional longs still in this stock. It's just a stock people, it does not care if you lose money in it.
    Dec 15, 2012. 09:40 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Outstanding comment. You are spot on. It is the crowds logic that matters, not mine or anyone else here.
    Dec 15, 2012. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment