Robert Dydo

View Robert Dydo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Strategy For 2014 Solar Portfolio: Consistent Value Generation, Pt. II [View article]
    New quarter started, things will be clearer moving forward as the market is coming back into 6 months of profits and heavy shipments, till November, when they find something in the closet to scare people out of their stocks.
    Apr 1 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hanwha SolarOne, A Forgotten Stepchild Of The Chinese Solar Boom [View article]
    As the author of the article about Hanwha, I am entitled not only to the opinion and analysis based on replies, but also to address any variety of the issues I fancy on the simple act of contribution to this fine site. The name "comments" certainly supports that viewpoint.
    Yes, you are no longer a membership of our forum. In general terms, the $10 stops enough dirt ala yahoo to get in, in some cases we need to use the broom to get rid of it. At any rate, I agree, lets not trivialize this site of value any more, by talking about those who are on trashy yahoo board.
    BTW, I voted your comments as “author’s pick” for holding all of us to a higher standard, well done.
    Mar 17 12:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    After I was shown your posts on yahoo Snake, I see no reason to engage in any conversations with you in the future. You had always weak understanding of accounting and could not grasp what was coming. Nothing could be ever gained from it. Pretty much as you do not have it now. BTW, the story of the gas attendant you told once, makes a lot of sense particularly when you admitted that you do not have $10 and accessing our site by using buddy's account. Keep the wish of luck to yourself it sounds like you will needed. I also see that Forest is there, you will just love his SOL stories.
    Mar 16 01:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Company made 16.1% GM from 5.1%, and the only comment you have is that it has high opex. You had the same to say about TSL opex and it dropped its own by 5%. CSIQ has positive margins nad makes money using its business strategy. You are making the same flawed speculation about operating expenses increase in the same relationship with sales. Hanwha SolarOne just guided entire year at 15 to 2% and without solar plant FiT allowance and modules shipped to solar plants. You think they need sizeable sales team to push modules with Hanwha’s construction department or Q-Cells EPC or even delivering modules to projects in China. We got fantastic gains in 2013, new and intriguing situation like one with Hanwha coming to play, but you never shaked off that negativity.
    Mar 14 01:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent result, back to the fold with the leadership
    Mar 13 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Solar Is Looking Strong In 2014 [View article]
    I know actions of the judge and the reason this document has been flagged. It has nothing to do with CSIQ, but securities authority in China holding back on the alleged state secrets, and CSIQ being used as the one willing to comply with authorities or example of that. No I am not concerned at all. I know about it since it came up to the surface in 2010. They do not have large cash balance for plans they have. Anyways, good luck with your agenda, but markets are pretty harden to BS these days. Normally 24 hours. It used to take weeks to molest solar. The industry is too big and too lucrative to stand by, so now it is mostly to shake loose leaves.
    Feb 4 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Solar Is Looking Strong In 2014 [View article]
    How about continuing your investigations, instead understanding one side of the story. The link and description of court proceedings by Elliot is the same event, CSIQ is not found guilty in anything and CSIQ completely cooperated with SEC on the matter.
    Sniff test, really? Congratulations.
    Feb 4 08:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nice news today, I hope things will get more concrete as time goes on.
    Jan 15 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    those who are interested in a general view of the Chinese industry, we have own column based on the reporting we do monthly.
    This is published every month, and it is a stripped version of the PDF, which is a part of reports. I hope you will find it interesting
    Jan 9 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Snake, you could make a fine addition to our forum, but you have limited view on what I have done since, or even during that period. I sold last SOL share before the date of Q3 release. I had only 10% of the stock then anyway. I avoided big loss.
    HSOL is a trade, and I hope for it to be a lucrative one. I am looking for $5 here, not a pie in the sky.
    I explained what is my long term hold. CSIQ, JKS, and TSL even in the same order. I was also right on this CSIQ trade. I bought back too soon. It does not matter any more as I am doing just fine with it.
    I hope you can scrape that $10 one day, someone has to pay the bills, you know. We have a free 24 trial, visit maybe you will like it enough to stay.
    Jan 9 12:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CEO of Hanwha Group,
    Jan 8 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wrote article about results on Trina, then wrote article about Jinko, seeing superior strategy. If you look at the price history I made correct views. I did not pump a single thing in my article, TSL beat my expectations by making profit. I cannot speak to how you or others felt about it, that is something you need to deal with. I analyze results and I do not get married to stocks or concepts in the changing landscape. TSL met my expectation on Dec 30th, I bought the stock, am I not allowed to do it? I write about opportunities I see, and call things as they are , in my view, who says I am right?
    Jan 8 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I explained how I changed my mind and said when I bought the stock. How I change my mind is still in my domain. Why so bitter? All solar companies made money and you seem so upset with my view of TSL, which I explained?
    Jan 8 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    Hi Chris no problem, I remember you from our forum. I hope you can comeback and join us again. Great place, you would love it. We also have this report now, Dr. Tsai who used to work for Solarzoom works for us now. You get modules, cells, wafers exports monthly from China, GADP and 34 page report reviewing business of CN8, the October one, does month to month comparison and to Q2 and Q3 comparisons. Excellent source of data
    This is the fullest and most affordable document on Chinese Solar in North America,
    This is the link to the forum, in case you are wanting to take a part.
    Dec 2 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    Any marketable financial instrument, will have to have its fair value adjusted with the market. If the bond was X and now it s X+, the plus must be taking into an account. It is a non cash activity, as it does not affect anything else but the size of the liability payable at its maturity, but it is not different that the size of it at the date of the issue. Bond was worth $100, in two years it become $50 now it trades $80, liability difference gets executed on the financing end of the income statement. As the company gets back to its feet, those will level off. It essentially no impact as on the cash flow statements this is pure cash and it is put back to cash.
    Dec 1 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment