Robert Dydo

View Robert Dydo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update On Selected Solar Stocks Ahead Of Second Quarter [View article]
    CSIQ makes modules in Canada. Canada tariffs are nothing. Nobody is exporting modules form China in three months since March anyway. If oil is the reason, it is good opportunity as oil has nothing to do with solar. I disagree that FSLR has no projects. It has plenty of projects, and th worry i would have be its capacity. ASP is going to go up in H2 potentially and yieldco will protect ASP for sponsors.
    Jul 1, 2015. 08:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    My reply is for reasons of truth. I would normally not bothered disputing opinions about me on SA. SA is about the subject of the article. However, when you write articles you get abused frequently, including your integrity.

You left the site when CSIQ was at $10 and I held the CSIQ already after I sold JASO in May after one very successful trade. You can see articles I wrote here and on my site. I wrote one dedicated article to Trina in 40 articles I written. To state I pumped one stock and say it was TSL is truly false. I have held many of the Chinese stocks in last few years at any given time. I traded them, but I always returned to CSIQ and had experienced the best return ever, similar to what stock did in 2013 700 to 800% return was my return. I continued to benefit from it until recently.
    Telling half truths or band reality was and still is considered an offense on SPVI. Abuse was equally not permitted. You have left the site as you did not want to pay for it, which was a choice. Choice was always and will be celebrated as long as it is not turned to abuse or a lie and rules are followed.
    I am disappointed after having private correspondence with you during your time at SPVI and shortly after explaining your reasons why leaving to conclude with this debate.
    I wish you all the best and will not engage in another in the future.
    Robert
    Jul 1, 2015. 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Boss, have you not left the forum in July 2013 when we went to subscription?
    I already had CSIQ in $5s at the time. All the people in the forum know exactly how and what I did in those years. How could you know?
    All those years I felt there was no resentment when you left, but I guess something went a miss. I was not aware.
    Jul 1, 2015. 12:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update On Selected Solar Stocks Ahead Of Second Quarter [View article]
    I am not big on SUNE, because I consider them weak as an operation. At the same time it is hard to avoid facts that the stock did quite well. I hope that strong businesses can repeat their success and turn their yieldco relationships to even grater benefit, showing profits.
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update On Selected Solar Stocks Ahead Of Second Quarter [View article]
    I am more hopeful than enthusiastic about CSIQ and at this point I feel more comfortable in FSLR.
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update On Selected Solar Stocks Ahead Of Second Quarter [View article]
    Thank you very much for your kind words
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update On Selected Solar Stocks Ahead Of Second Quarter [View article]
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar Is At A Tipping Point [View article]
    Congrats Eystein, another excellent article
    Jun 20, 2015. 10:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Investing After First-Quarter Results [View article]
    Year to date but not for the 12 months running. CSIQ leads in that category.
    Jun 17, 2015. 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Investing After First-Quarter Results [View article]
    Friday I believe.
    Jun 17, 2015. 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    At one point there will be end to this story. We will then summarize the outcome. Those will be undisputed facts you speak about. Until then.
    Jun 17, 2015. 08:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Jun 17, 2015. 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Eystein, I left a reader an option to make a choice, either to pick that the company thinks the book is set of ancient costs, which is being inflated hence selling at 50% is not only logical but accurate reflection of the company's value at the time or the JASO is self-inflicting desperado, needing the last dime to stay a float.
    If above statement made you think I consider book value as value, that you missed the point of that statement.
    I do not need to argue,
    I opened JA forum for public viewing and simply quoted my post from November made on Trading Solar forum, while you cannot see the original Forum members can. In the flurry of attacks, integrity is something I will not give up easily
    Jun 17, 2015. 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Eystein, I just want to add that my valuation process does not include assets like PPE, with exception of solar plants. I use PE, EPS and recently value relating to CAFD and corresponding MW in assessment of yieldco.
    You would never find me considering anything on book value nor I used this as indication of value in any of my articles. JA was considered undervalued on the principles of PE in relationship to its US counterparts
    but based on the recent results and the change in the ambitions, I excluded the company.
    Therefore I find the comment about u-turn unfounded without evidence in anything I penned here and contradictory to writings in the closed loop forum, which you would not be aware.
    Jun 17, 2015. 01:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Investing After First-Quarter Results [View article]
    Ashrivas,
    I think for the year CSIQ is double % return vs. JKS and some 16% better than TSL. CSIQ made a poor presentation with CAFD in my opinion and got knocked down form $40 per share down to this level in two sessions. From perspective of last year CSIQ still trades not bad. I think next set of legs for the stock will come from Q3 onward and good CAFD numbers. I suspect Q2 be a bit soft and share price getting pressured. As of Monday I actually pulled out of CSIQ and see if I can get some benefit from 8P3 IPO. I think summer will be a bit lose for the stock prices.
    I am also watching CAFD for CSIQ, it may be softer than one for SUNE and 8P3. The good news is CSIQ owns the whole 9 yards.
    Thanks