Robert Dydo

View Robert Dydo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Solar Investing After First-Quarter Results [View article]
    Year to date but not for the 12 months running. CSIQ leads in that category.
    Jun 17, 2015. 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Investing After First-Quarter Results [View article]
    Friday I believe.
    Jun 17, 2015. 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    At one point there will be end to this story. We will then summarize the outcome. Those will be undisputed facts you speak about. Until then.
    Jun 17, 2015. 08:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Jun 17, 2015. 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Eystein, I left a reader an option to make a choice, either to pick that the company thinks the book is set of ancient costs, which is being inflated hence selling at 50% is not only logical but accurate reflection of the company's value at the time or the JASO is self-inflicting desperado, needing the last dime to stay a float.
    If above statement made you think I consider book value as value, that you missed the point of that statement.
    I do not need to argue,
    I opened JA forum for public viewing and simply quoted my post from November made on Trading Solar forum, while you cannot see the original Forum members can. In the flurry of attacks, integrity is something I will not give up easily
    Jun 17, 2015. 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Eystein, I just want to add that my valuation process does not include assets like PPE, with exception of solar plants. I use PE, EPS and recently value relating to CAFD and corresponding MW in assessment of yieldco.
    You would never find me considering anything on book value nor I used this as indication of value in any of my articles. JA was considered undervalued on the principles of PE in relationship to its US counterparts
    but based on the recent results and the change in the ambitions, I excluded the company.
    Therefore I find the comment about u-turn unfounded without evidence in anything I penned here and contradictory to writings in the closed loop forum, which you would not be aware.
    Jun 17, 2015. 01:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar Investing After First-Quarter Results [View article]
    Ashrivas,
    I think for the year CSIQ is double % return vs. JKS and some 16% better than TSL. CSIQ made a poor presentation with CAFD in my opinion and got knocked down form $40 per share down to this level in two sessions. From perspective of last year CSIQ still trades not bad. I think next set of legs for the stock will come from Q3 onward and good CAFD numbers. I suspect Q2 be a bit soft and share price getting pressured. As of Monday I actually pulled out of CSIQ and see if I can get some benefit from 8P3 IPO. I think summer will be a bit lose for the stock prices.
    I am also watching CAFD for CSIQ, it may be softer than one for SUNE and 8P3. The good news is CSIQ owns the whole 9 yards.
    Thanks
    Jun 17, 2015. 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chinese Solar Companies Offer Choices For Investment In 2015 [View article]
    Now I believe I quoted a price given by Goldman for CSIQ.
    The IPO for 8P3 is $21, I see about $40 within a a year.
    Good dividend out of 432MW.
    Jun 17, 2015. 12:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    We can compare notes when this is over. Unfortunately at the end of the link is a fantasy, packed in pseudo-logic written by someone who had not understood the industry, Chinese and the reality what we are facing here.
    I will be around to let you know about the $25 per share as I am sure you will.
    Jun 16, 2015. 11:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Roger, I was never big on JA. I did the service to fellow investors writing about certain criteria. This was EPS and growth. I could not exclude JASO or TSL, and I have no big interest in TSL neither. I made this clear all the time on the forum. I agree that JA was a strong volume grower, and as stated in my original paragraph good company based on the financial results. JA belonged to the group we called CN4 at SPVI.
    This article is not about my analysis or about the good company. It is about the stock, which never managed to deliver. I think those facts are undisputed.
    Now I raised discussion on JA book quite few times when on the forum. I discuss this with fellow members, who are very savvy on this stuff.
    I suspect if the book was independently evaluated conclusions could be different than balance statement shows. I only moved my secluded view to a greater public with this article.
    I told in the article what I did to make that comparison and support my view.

Anyways thanks for your note.
    Jun 16, 2015. 11:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Not really, like I stated many times JA was never attractive to me to a point of holding a position only to gain on quick trades. I have done very well on this in 2013, as you may recall doubling in 48 hours. After that I mostly stayed away.
    Not sure about CSIQ comment. CSIQ has been the best investment I ever made 900%, I continue to manage my account aggressively and I share this on my forum, but I am not surprised that you surprised. You would not know much about it nor I know what you do with your investments.
    Good luck
    Jun 16, 2015. 09:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    Snake, in 12 months I published one article about JASO, called
    "JA Solar - A Great Company, But A Miserable Stock" this is exactly what this article is about now and many readers have a problem with it, still considering JA as a great company while I no longer consider this company as an investment, great or otherwise. In 15 months, more than year ago, JASO was considered by me as undervalued. If you were truthful to your investigation, you find that I dropped JA from my interests on June 1st, in this article, 5 days before the offer was made. That may escape your lunacy, that before I written this article and the one on June 1, I could have an opinion, which I shared among investors on my forum.
    Of course you are very quickly to assume and improvise on facts and accounting, so I am not surprised after all how you conceived this post.
    You did not quote my article form the 1st, since this would destroy your plot to portray me all in the negative light
    Now, I am not sure how you manage your investments, but I evaluate them monthly using tools I have from data reporting my ability understand accounting and market conditions. JA never became my investment, while I recognized its results when evaluating peers. After 15 months concluding that something is not what has been expected is plenty of time and more than what I would consider as a conservative view. I find this really simpleminded as an argument, sorry.
    Finally I wrote one article about LDK showing its results, without opinion on it , in set of articles to describe the companies in days where there was nothing on SA offered on solar.
    On the personal note, if I move a side the bitterness and spurious accusations about me supporting SOL and LDK, which I never did on this medium, and have clear account of my views on my own forum, I must conclude that I have injured your ego. I think I am fine with it.

Finally what makes you think that management of JA is a dog?
    I think they are great to take JA out of the circulation. Like I said I am not going to miss the company being gone. You must admit that this would be a conflicting view. I love this desire, I just think people need to consider my article in light of the events.

Anyways, I feel I wasted more time than initially intended.

Cheers
    Jun 16, 2015. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    The company is not worthless, it has an offer of $9.69 per share. you can buy it at $9.20 as of yesterday. That is the value in the open market.
    Thanks
    Jun 16, 2015. 09:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    CSIQ is not an ADR.
    Jun 16, 2015. 08:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Yawns At JA Solar Chairman's 'Go Private' Offer [View article]
    There are many ways to measure a doghouse. At the end it is a doghouse. I read most of those articles and even the most fact gathering missed points made by me here. I write about the industry for some time and invest in it for a lot longer. This is not about industry or operational metrics.
    This is a reality check based on undeniable fact of nobody wanting the stock to gain on the gap between offered price and current price.
    If JA is simply incapable to attract investors in the US by own or someone else's doing, the condition will be gone with the company. Investors in solar companies need equal chance to make money and not to be trapped in equity serving other agendas.
    Unfortunately very few people write opinions that touch on the subject, instead they go to copy and paste charts and comparable statistics, which are meaningless when it comes to underlying reality.
    Jun 16, 2015. 08:40 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment