Robert Dydo

View Robert Dydo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Canadian Solar Is Looking Strong In 2014 [View article]
    I know actions of the judge and the reason this document has been flagged. It has nothing to do with CSIQ, but securities authority in China holding back on the alleged state secrets, and CSIQ being used as the one willing to comply with authorities or example of that. No I am not concerned at all. I know about it since it came up to the surface in 2010. They do not have large cash balance for plans they have. Anyways, good luck with your agenda, but markets are pretty harden to BS these days. Normally 24 hours. It used to take weeks to molest solar. The industry is too big and too lucrative to stand by, so now it is mostly to shake loose leaves.
    Feb 4 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Solar Is Looking Strong In 2014 [View article]
    How about continuing your investigations, instead understanding one side of the story. The link and description of court proceedings by Elliot is the same event, CSIQ is not found guilty in anything and CSIQ completely cooperated with SEC on the matter.
    Sniff test, really? Congratulations.
    Feb 4 08:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hanwha SolarOne, A Forgotten Stepchild Of The Chinese Solar Boom [View article]
    Nice news today, I hope things will get more concrete as time goes on.
    Jan 15 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    those who are interested in a general view of the Chinese industry, we have own column based on the reporting we do monthly.
    This is published every month, and it is a stripped version of the PDF, which is a part of reports. I hope you will find it interesting
    Jan 9 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Snake, you could make a fine addition to our forum, but you have limited view on what I have done since, or even during that period. I sold last SOL share before the date of Q3 release. I had only 10% of the stock then anyway. I avoided big loss.
    HSOL is a trade, and I hope for it to be a lucrative one. I am looking for $5 here, not a pie in the sky.
    I explained what is my long term hold. CSIQ, JKS, and TSL even in the same order. I was also right on this CSIQ trade. I bought back too soon. It does not matter any more as I am doing just fine with it.
    I hope you can scrape that $10 one day, someone has to pay the bills, you know. We have a free 24 trial, visit maybe you will like it enough to stay.
    Jan 9 12:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CEO of Hanwha Group,
    Jan 8 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wrote article about results on Trina, then wrote article about Jinko, seeing superior strategy. If you look at the price history I made correct views. I did not pump a single thing in my article, TSL beat my expectations by making profit. I cannot speak to how you or others felt about it, that is something you need to deal with. I analyze results and I do not get married to stocks or concepts in the changing landscape. TSL met my expectation on Dec 30th, I bought the stock, am I not allowed to do it? I write about opportunities I see, and call things as they are , in my view, who says I am right?
    Jan 8 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I explained how I changed my mind and said when I bought the stock. How I change my mind is still in my domain. Why so bitter? All solar companies made money and you seem so upset with my view of TSL, which I explained?
    Jan 8 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    Hi Chris no problem, I remember you from our forum. I hope you can comeback and join us again. Great place, you would love it. We also have this report now, Dr. Tsai who used to work for Solarzoom works for us now. You get modules, cells, wafers exports monthly from China, GADP and 34 page report reviewing business of CN8, the October one, does month to month comparison and to Q2 and Q3 comparisons. Excellent source of data
    This is the fullest and most affordable document on Chinese Solar in North America,
    This is the link to the forum, in case you are wanting to take a part.
    Dec 2 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    Any marketable financial instrument, will have to have its fair value adjusted with the market. If the bond was X and now it s X+, the plus must be taking into an account. It is a non cash activity, as it does not affect anything else but the size of the liability payable at its maturity, but it is not different that the size of it at the date of the issue. Bond was worth $100, in two years it become $50 now it trades $80, liability difference gets executed on the financing end of the income statement. As the company gets back to its feet, those will level off. It essentially no impact as on the cash flow statements this is pure cash and it is put back to cash.
    Dec 1 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    Yes, I mentioned this in the article about Raising expectations :). They have some incredible potentials to go 20% over the nameplate. They need to. I think they can easily go over 800MW in Q4. But do not forget, YGE has 3GW of its own and 1GW OEM. JKS has the FiT business which makes so attractive and the GMs.
    Another pain for jvs, NCI (non controlling interest) can take a lot of your profit out.
    Nov 29 04:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    OK. This article is about third quarter results and EPS estimates for 2014. How is the number of offices quantified into this model? I believe that TSL is planning sell 500MW of global/domestic projects in 2014. if I see that on income statements, balance sheet or read about in a news release, I will add accordingly.
    Nov 29 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JinkoSolar: A Rock Star Of The Solar Industry Is Born [View article]
    Yes, great announcement. NESL brings 400MW of module cap and has project portfolio, I believe. To me TSL capacity is the key to their growth, and they are making those moves.
    JKS will be at 2GW or mre by end of the 2014.
    Nov 29 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raising Expectations For Trina Solar's Third Quarter Results [View article]
    I use financial ratios, and decided to rewrite the article to show them better. I think my article is a story of Q3 based on them. However, I was not covering Trina in full light. I also made an adjustment to be at least clear there is a potential for TSL.
    I still think of JKS as a superior result company this quarter. When I state this, I think there is an ample room for Trina or that matter anyone else to show what they can do in 2014. While you may disagree, both CSIQ and JKS, are ahead that curve, where for others there is still fair distance to cross. Below is the link to revised version. Cheers
    Nov 28 08:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raising Expectations For Trina Solar's Third Quarter Results [View article]
    I could not make conclusions about quarterly results in this article , since I did not know results at the time. The entire Trina article is a prediction of what that results may be, with the expectation for profit in Q4. However, as soon as I learned what those results were, I was able to determine that Jinko is a better company. PE is assigned by the market; EPS is a company’s operating ability. I have no control over it; I can only express my opinion on it. Under those circumstances, I sold Trina, and moved back to CSIQ. I am impressed with both, (CSIQ and JKS) so I wrote articles about them. In my investment thesis there is a freedom of choice to pick the best company, you will need to get over it, if you are offended by it. I am also over this conversation
    Nov 28 02:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment