Robert Dydo

View Robert Dydo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Clouds Lift For Canadian Solar, Suntech [View article]
    Doug, you made a mistake on STP. A lot of people got the same crazy idea that $500M benefit holding company Suntech Power Holdings.
    Nov 5 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    Hi Snake, nice revisions from CSIQ and TSL. TSL in particular showing, good things for the sector. I am conservative in my estimates, and you know what I use for the forecasts. Do not have a good view or visibility to Chinese market for volume and even pricing there is not 100% clear. At any rate, excellent from both
    Nov 5 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    Thanks Dan, I appreciate your opinion.
    Oct 30 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    I think the guidance itself when meeting my expectations, will up the volume and hopefully a good news on cost reduction on poly production, could do a lot of good. The GM increase produced should be also a good factor. Moving to Q4 boost to GM and volume should also open a path beyond 6.00. The warrant will be exercised, which is maybe a hold up condition, but if SOL crosses double digit GM, should be reaching 7 to 8 range in my view.
    Oct 29 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    Hi Solar Guru, thanks for the excellent summary. YGE is destined to have shipment of 1GW based on their guidance and to date shipments. That will be something to digest for many. 2014 looks a lot better than this year for almost all of them. I suspect that JA bought ALD equipment from Solay and they can get even cheaper PERC cells out there, with high efficiency. It is getting exciting out there.
    Oct 29 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    They have smaller capacity of modules in relation to cells. This is the issue for them, as their value chain is unbalanced. If you look at the guidance they are offering underutilization for both, in fact, with most manifestation in cells. SOL will sell more modules in 2013 than JA and Hanwha will do the same.
    Oct 29 12:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    Thanks always great hear from you
    Oct 28 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    Hi Boss, we miss you at SPVI Forums.
    Yes, they have said that currency was favorable but I am conservative to be surprised. I think that they may even make money in this line.
    Oct 28 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q3 Profit Check For U.S.-Listed Chinese Solar Companies [View article]
    Hi Alex, certainly SOL is not the obvious choice. I think that CSIQ and JKS are the top notch picks. However, often market is so demanding that the smallest change may present a darling operator out of favor. I am concerned about Q4 guidance, in particular, lack of solar plant sales for Canadian. This is my speculation, which includes softness in the period after the earnings. On the other hand, SOL has no expectations. The company is being avoided by brokers; they seem to be disassociated with solid stock appreciation despite 156% YTD return. I am in a group of less obvious, which holds a risk, as well. I only moved last week, while I took excellent returns on CSIQ. I consider coming back to CSIQ at one point. The company is the best choice fundamentally, but in my current model I move a lot more in pursuit of returns.
    Oct 28 08:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Chinese Solar Tax Break Is Illusive [View article]
    They get burned in the minute ? they did not get burned projects are build check at the investment line of $166M, I hope you know accounting. These are cash resources on deposits longer than a year. They are already profitable. I would suggest check some articles here
    If you are interested in writing articles with fundamental backing (thanks for correcting nonsense by bloomberg about credits to manufacturers) then let me know.
    Oct 9 08:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Solar's Parabolic Rise Provides Excellent Short Opportunity [View article]
    hey outsmart, you should rejoin the SPVI Forums, people there understand solar
    Oct 8 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You claim you short the stock, so question is at what price? No, it is simple to say that is what makes market. You do not know the company but you suggest to sell short because stock went up? You called margins as red, while the company had 12.8% GM, you see unrealistic profitability on what? They sold $92M solar plants at 25% GM to be part of the Q3 revenue. $12M loss was caused by $20M Forex. Condition, which has changed in Q3.
    Good luck with your short, but certainly if you do not know facts you play with fire.
    Oct 8 02:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Chinese Solar Tax Break Is Illusive [View article]
    while you at it check Canadian Solar holding and operating solar plants and even have Samsung buying their services.
    Oct 8 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Chinese Solar Tax Break Is Illusive [View article]
    you should check JKS, as they own it a lot of plants.
    Oct 8 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CSIQ will make 0.47 per share in Q3. Your advice is completely irresponsible. Can you share what did you shorted with? Considering it takes 24 hours to post here, with last price above $19?
    Oct 8 01:03 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment