Robert Freedland

View Robert Freedland's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Bought Shares In Tile Shop Holdings [View article]
    I suppose you mean "remedial" for the letter R. Anyhow, I sold my shares of Tile Shop as it incurred a loss for me and looked to other stocks for possible purchase. We make many mistakes in investing, at least I do, and if we can learn to limit our losses and let our gains run as much as possible, well then I would be satisfied.
    Apr 6 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ecolab: Revisiting A Stock Pick [View article]
    I am not great on timing entries on individual stocks. I hope that at least I can identify good investments. In any case the market is a bit weak at this time. I would wait to see the market find some positive momentum and then make an entry. But it is certainly your call!
    Apr 6 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focus On Alexion Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Alexion has been hit hard by the current Biotech correction perhaps due to the very expensive nature of Soliris, which like Gilead's Hepatitis C drug, costs patients tens of thousands of dollars in treatment expense.
    Mar 24 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ecolab: Revisiting A Stock Pick [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I also think it is a great stock!
    Mar 24 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ecolab: Revisiting A Stock Pick [View article]
    Good points. I generally look back the five years as Morningstar typically presents. As you will note I have reviewed this stock previously 4-5 years ago when it also had a great 5 year record. Ecolab has been a very steady performer and is far from a glamorous stock from my perspective but it has been an outstanding investment for me.
    Mar 24 10:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ecolab: Revisiting A Stock Pick [View article]
    Excellent point. I stand corrected on the Ecolab and Sysco relationship. They are both terrific companies in the Service Industry as I see it supplying and servicing restaurants and medical institutions among other areas of work.
    Mar 24 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focus On Medtronic [View article]
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I hope that I will get a chance to read your thoughts on your 'flight to quality'. I always find it hard to get a handle on what quality means.
    Sep 9 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focus On Medtronic [View article]
    DRIP program for a very long-term investor makes sense especially if there is a nice dividend and the stock is showing steady appreciation. Then it is win-win. Thank you for commenting here on my entry!
    Sep 8 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focus On Medtronic [View article]
    Good luck with under $50. Anything is possible but it hasn't budged the last two months. If the market should swoon then you might get you desired price. In general, I have found it is more important to hold the right stocks than getting exactly the right price on each. But then again that's just my view. Thanks for commenting here!
    Sep 8 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focus On Medtronic [View article]
    You are welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    Sep 8 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Long Heartland Payment Systems [View article]
    Good luck with your analysis. HPY now up to $37 (9/6/13) so it certainly hasn't gotten away from us yet the past two months! Thanks for taking the time to read and post a comment on my entry!
    Sep 8 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • O'Reilly May Get Ahead Of Itself, But Looks Great Long Term [View article]
    Thanks jrpan2. Since posting, ORLY is now up to $122 so I hope that you are still long this stock. I cannot predict the future, but things seem to look good to me! Good luck and thanks for taking the time to comment!
    Sep 8 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Sitting In The Middle Of The Rebound [View article]
    Money,

All good points. I find that regurgitation is a helpful way of looking at the numbers :). Seriously, you are correct that the housing market could be a bubble ready to go if indeed the economy fails to rebound and we head into a double-dip recession. Historically, I believe we are way behound in housing construction so I do think that this sector could persist.

I generally am not a Contrarian. I tend to go with the momentum stocks that push higher with steady earnings and revenue growth and a good underlying story. The stock, with its rich valuation especially, could fall hard with any significant bad news. On the other hand I wouldn't bet the farm against them.

Simply put, stocks that are doing well both technically and fundamentally tend to stay doing well. Changes in momentum require a change in events.

Bob
    Apr 1 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Sitting In The Middle Of The Rebound [View article]
    Thanks. No they aren't at $770.

Bob
    Apr 1 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Sitting In The Middle Of The Rebound [View article]
    Mercury,

I wouldn't argue one bit about the valuation issue especially with the PEG north of 2.0. However, in the latest earnings announcement they exceeded expectations on both earnings and revenue and with their relatively small size, might be worth the price.

Thanks for commenting!