Robert Hallberg

View Robert Hallberg's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Summer Doldrums Might Be The Time To Pick Up Gold Deals [View article]
    Thanks for the link…
    May 1 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Summer Doldrums Might Be The Time To Pick Up Gold Deals [View article]
    Avi,

Last summer we did see an explosive rally towards the end of the summer but prices has historically been weaker during the summer months. I see a lot of value in the equities and I think this is a good time to pick up some bargains. I also think we will see a good size rally this year but I am not sure about the timing though. But it’s better to be too early than too late.
    May 1 01:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mongolia - The New Wild West Of Investing [View article]
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for your input. It added a lot of value to the topic.

Robert
    Apr 5 12:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Expect New Highs In Gold This Year [View article]
    Avi,

Anything is certainly possible but I think we are far away from the blow off phase. Historically, bull markets have lasted much longer and the public sentiment is nowhere near euphoric.

I think that we are looking at this through a different prospective, which is interesting. It looks like you follow an Elliot wave pattern while I look at the macro picture and the fundamentals. The problem I have with calling for a top this year is that we still have gigantic debts and continued money printing. These problems are nowhere close to have been solved and I doubt that they will be solved this year.

IMHO I don’t think gold will peak out for several years and I expect prices to be much higher when it does reach its top. A black swan event or perhaps war in the Middle East could possibly hasten this time line a little…
    Mar 26 08:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Once The Psychological Barrier Breaks Gold Shares Will Explode [View article]
    In addition to the shares I listed in the article I also NGD, AUY, and SLW for silver.
    Feb 23 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Is Under Attack [View article]
    I also first heard about this on the Kaiser Report and then King World News, but just like you said, Debkafile was the first to report this story and it was picked up by dozens of other news agencies shortly after.
    Jan 31 07:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Is Under Attack [View article]
    The news about the Iranian and Indian exchange for gold alone does not make it a trend, but there has made repeated calls among other nations for a new reserve currency. China and Russia in particular have been strong advocates for replacing the dollar and just because it hasn’t happen yet, it doesn’t mean that we are not moving in that direction. The British pound did not loose its reserve currency status overnight. It took decades before countries stopped using it.
    Jan 31 06:01 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Dollar Is Under Attack [View article]
    Having the world’s reserves currency is both a blessing and a curse. I think the world will be better off if we get back on a gold standard. If you anchor the currency to gold or other tangibles you won’t see these massive deficits and debt levels that is now plaguing the world.
    Jan 31 05:32 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expect Gold And Silver To Outperform Miners [View article]
    The index does not include dividends but I doubt it they would make up the difference. There are many companies that have outperformed the metal but most have not. Once we get to the mania phase I suspect that you will see some companies with phenomenal returns. Perhaps we will see some juniors going up a few thousand percent, just like they did in the last mania in the 1980’s. But you either have to be a good stock picker or have some luck to find those companies.
    Jan 24 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom For Silver Is In, Prepare For A Rally [View article]
    I do prefer silver bullion over paper derivatives. Own bullion for its safety but you can use SLV for trading.

I am aware that SLW is a silver streaming company. I have written about its business model and strategy in the past:

Jan 17 04:10 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom For Silver Is In, Prepare For A Rally [View article]
    Ephud,

The source of the data comes from the US Mint and the Silver Institute.

US Mint: http://1.usa.gov/ySxlns;year=2012

Silver Institute: http://bit.ly/zfQpgo
    Jan 17 02:19 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At How Far Gold Might Correct [View article]
    Herve Jacques,

The market moves in cycles, or at least it has always done this historically. Until we reach the end (the mania phase / climax) of this bull market cycle we should expect new highs after each correction. The chart of previous corrections are meant to give the readers and idea of how long and how deep the correction will last based on previous data from the current bull market?

“How relevant is last week‘s pattern of weather changes to figure out tomorrow’s weather?”

Well, if you look at historical weather patterns like the monsoon season in Asia or what a summer looks like in Southern California you will get a pretty good idea of whether to expect rain or sun.

Here is an article that describes the different phases of a bull market
    Dec 22 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At How Far Gold Might Correct [View article]
    The last 10 years are relevant because that is when the bull market began. The market has historically moved in cycles and until we reach the end (the mania phase / climax) of this bull market we should expect new highs after each correction. But you are right in noting that this bull market will eventually end, and a new bear market will follow. Although, I think we are several years away from this.
    Dec 21 11:40 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expect Mergers And Acquisitions In The Gold Mining Industry Moving Into 2012 [View article]
    I agree, thank you for pointing that out! Gold deposits are getting harder to find and production costs for new developments are also on the way up.
    Dec 20 02:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There are many theories why the shares are lagging behind; some think that frightened investors prefer the safety of gold bullion, and others say that gold derivatives and ETFs has been competing with the shares for capital. Another possible reason for the disparity between the price of gold bullion and the gold mining shares could be that the mining companies are a proxy for the future price of gold.
    Dec 20 02:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment