Robert Kientz

View Robert Kientz's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Gold Is In A Bubble [View article]
    "Some say gold and silver have risen as a direct result of the inflation being created by the massive government spending and debt. But that's not true. Gold and silver have both quintupled since 2002 with no unusual inflation so far in sight."

No doubt you are using CPI or core inflation. Good luck convincing people of that justification. Try shadowstats.com or read Chapter 2 of my book.

"Therein lies the problem. Gold and silver prices have quintupled in eight years while consumer prices in general have gone up only modestly."

You are ignoring suppression of the market, which by the way, is now public knowledge with the CFTC commissioner going on record. You can also read my 5 part series here at SA regarding metals market suppression.

"Since gold and silver have already had a huge run up while consumer prices in general have not, gold and silver buyers today stand less to gain and more to lose than they would by plowing their dollars into other durable hard assets that have not yet had any run up. "

See point above. Gold and silver were suppressed to the point that most gold and silver market analysts feel they have not reached their current market price in dollars, yet. The 'runup' as you call it is not done yet.

"How would you like to own a stock where the underlying business is guaranteed to never have any revenue, earn a profit, or grow any larger? Such is the case with owning hard assets such as precious metals."

I would love it. Gold stores value. Silver does go up in value because it is also an industrial metal, which you apparently don't understand. That's a testimony to your knowledge of the silver market, which apparently is nothing.

The benefit of gold is that it rises more or less with population gains, and the deflation seen from gold standard (not fake gold exchange standards) helped the poor and middle classes buy more. Inflation is a tax that robs them for the elite. No need to expound here, you can google it or again read my book.

"Disclosure: No positions. If gold continues to rise, at some point above $1500/oz. I will short GLD."

Please do. I'll take your money when gold continues to rise.
    Nov 3, 2010. 03:05 PM | 26 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bulls vs. Bears: Where Gold Goes Next [View article]
    Gartman shows he doesn't have a clue about gold, and throws in some name-calling for good measure.

First he admits he is long gold and it is not in a bubble, and then he says it's becoming a momentum play and not a rational store of value.

So which is it, Gartman? He doesn't know but sure seems like he is trying to sound like he does.

This is typical of paper investors who don't understand precious metals and cannot admit that in public, showing they aren't all knowing gods of markets. Gartman is as clueless about gold as most market commentators.

This is again edified by his stance against junior minors (which takes research and knowledge like ANY stock). Oh sure, he'll buy Barrick and Newmont and receive little value in return, because he hasn't analyzed the market.

"Now, if you have to own bullion—if you’re a true dyed-in-the-wool gold bug who disbelieves in everything and thinks that we are all going to hell and that the only thing you need is gold, some distilled water, dry food and some ammunition—go ahead, buy yourself some bullion. And if you’re that much of a disbeliever in the system, store it at home. But I think that’s a silly thing to do."

Yes, people who buy actual bullion are neanderthals, while people who buy GLD, the only ETF he has 'looked at', are somehow intelligent. Trying to sound mainstream, Gartman?

This guy is an idiot on precious metals.
    Nov 5, 2010. 10:06 AM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold My Gold [View article]
    Glenn Beck increasingly argues an Austrian/Libertarian perspective. That is why this author labeled him fringe. Those who are correct are usually in the minority, especially when it comes to investing.

The arguments against gold in this article are silly. It is full of half-baked analysis that lacks any insight into gold as money (not as an asset class) and why gold was the most successful money and will be once again.

With all of the mainstream nonsense on gold, it is no wonder most investors are confused on whether to own it. However, it appears there is a dogged determination for the gold and silver markets to grow, which means people are beginning to see the the paper ponzi scheme for what it is .. banks enriching themselves at the expense of the people.
    Nov 29, 2010. 11:24 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gold's Fall Is Not Final [View article]
    I have no problem with the profit-taking argument, but the chart shows that while the gradual decline may have been profit taking, the sharp drops were not.
    Oct 22, 2010. 03:05 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Why We Are Headed Into a Recession [View article]
    I'll add another. Well educated talent is leaving the US after obtaining their education. They get the education here, see better opportunities in China, India, and the Middle East, and take their education with them. This does not benefit the US as we subsidize the education they are getting.
    Jul 8, 2010. 05:43 PM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is J.P. Morgan Getting Squeezed in Silver Market? [View article]
    Buy silver. Lots of it. Then buy some more.
    Dec 6, 2010. 03:24 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 11 Reasons Why the Gold Bubble Will Burst [View article]
    Steve in TN

I cannot remember what I was too young to understand at the time. But that is not my fault. Neither is it my fault that I was not alive during the Great Depression. But my parents were and they filled me in. My father fought in WWII.

What I can do is research it and use common sense and objective analysis. Which I have done, and put in book form.

The arguments for gold are one long chain, and incorporate old history, history of default Bretton Woods and Nixon 1971, and current happenings. It is from this long chain that I make my conclusions. And yes I am well read.

The fall of gold's fiat price in the 1980s doesn't phase me because it was a suppression of gold's price and obfuscation of truth that prevented the public from having all of the information about gold, fiat, etc..

But the Internet is changing that. Media doesn't control people's minds as much as it used to. The ruling powers schemes are falling away. And the people are waking up. It's a great time to be alive and witness the re-emergence of individualism, liberty, and the rise of the people over their tyrannical and dishonest governments and bankers.

The King is dead. Long live the people!
    Oct 25, 2010. 11:09 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold and Silver Market Suppression Failures Flash Buy Signal, Part 2 [View article]
    How do you know it is good gold? Please point me to the audit of Fort Knox which proves this.

For anyone who thinks that the US has the gold they say they have, please provide the reason why the US would purposefully debase their gold stocks when it would make those stocks more difficult to prove, more expensive in assaying costs, and harder to trade on markets that expect good delivery bars.

Really, why would they do this?

As an auditor, I can tell you that what is on the books doesn't mean anything. In a physical case such as this, the only proof is a complete audit of the physical commodity by an independent third party.
    Aug 31, 2010. 12:13 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Silver Is Headed [View article]
    Jeb,

I am ignoring technical indicators on silver right now. I don't think they apply in this market for various reasons outlined here and in other articles.

This is a fundamental based market move that is not going to stop, as you alluded to.

Overbought is a relative term. Silver is not overbought by the average investor. It is a forgotten monetary metal emerging from the depths. I would say silver is extremely underbought, and most people do not have a clue what is happening in silver right now.
    Oct 14, 2010. 11:23 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's All Good for Gold [View article]
    I own physical gold and silver stored in a vault. Besides active real estate, it is my single largest holding. So I've got skin in the game.
    Feb 4, 2011. 09:02 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 11 Reasons Why the Gold Bubble Will Burst [View article]
    So, comparing the Dow against gold for the last ten years, which has been a better investment?

What about silver, palladium, and platinum?
    Oct 25, 2010. 09:43 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Silver Is Headed [View article]
    I have decided personally not to worry about price, but to buy systematically every month. When I have extra funds, I pour them into gold and silver as much as I can.

I would like to buy on all pullbacks and maximize ounces for my dollars, but since I think the silver 'bullet' is somewhere just around the corner, I would rather miss out on small opportunities to position myself aggressively for the big one.
    Oct 14, 2010. 09:39 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Muddled Bond Picture, Employment Number Mess [View article]
    Thanks for the analysis, much appreciated. And I am not Republican. ;)
    Feb 6, 2011. 08:01 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's All Good for Gold [View article]
    America didn't collapse 2 years ago because the Fed bailed out the banks at the expense of the taxpayers (or inflation payers if you so choose). There are only so many times this will work before people get angry and lose confidence in the system. Then, we will have hyperinflation of US dollars.
    Feb 4, 2011. 12:57 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Options Offer Clues to Gold's Direction [View article]
    Gold physical breaking upwards today.
    Feb 3, 2011. 03:04 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment