Robert King

View Robert King's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I noticed the same thing you did re the short-term debt. The question in my mind is whether they can refinance the debt coming due, and, barring a black swan event in the credit markets, it seems likely.
    Jun 29 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I see Intel -- mostly because I personally don't quite understand Apple's growth yet, but I understand Intel's.
    Jun 29 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I'd love to pick up shares under HKD $20, but I'm not sure if I'll get the chance. At these levels, I think that a purchase would provide a very satisfactory return over time.
    Jun 21 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    Uncertain -- there's not a lot of news re BYD recently. My guess is that stock price drifts until around September or so -- they have hard comps vs. the first half of last year.
    May 27 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I think the long-term fundamentals of the company are still intact. The continued discounting will likely make for bad comps until mid-year, so from a short-term standpoint, the shares could have more to fall. However, if you're trying to grab market share and get people into BYD cars (free advertising, get people used to the cars, prepare for first-time buyers to be repeat buyers, etc.) then discounting for market share is exactly what you should be doing.

So I think people will be unhappy that this is occurring from a short-term financial standpoint, but it's the right course of action.
    Mar 26 10:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    bydit.com/doce/investo.../ is the IR department.

I'll be looking to add more probably a few weeks after the 4Q/annual release.
    Mar 6 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    BYD Electronics is a subsidiary of BYD Company Limited.
    Jan 8 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    You can find market cap from Bloomberg. Net income and outstanding shares can be found through investor relations on bydit.com

I usually don't look so near term as 2011, but I'll be interested to see what impact the new models will have on sales. I'll also be interested to see what impact the sales of K9 buses will have on their net income.
    Jan 2 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    Hm, I would try calling BYD's investor relations.

I'm sure BYDDF is the same as the 1211 shares, but I've never looked into BYDDY. I've merely heard from colleagues that they represent 2 shares of BYDDF.
    Dec 31 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    It's pretty much the same. Liquidity risk shouldn't be an issue on BYDDF since they trade about $1.5 million worth of stock per day -- unless you're taking a huge position.
    Dec 26 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    It's very hard to figure out a fair price for a company that is a fast grower like BYD. I think that $9 a share is likely a fair price for the stock.
    Dec 24 09:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I think they're undervalued at this level, and I believe that in five to ten years, you should receive at least a 15% compounded return.
    Dec 23 10:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I believe the e6 is supposed to launch in 2011.

www.autoevolution.com/...

The problem with the land is that neither side wins in this scenario. China needs the things BYD makes, and I assume, once they have placated the farmers and apportioned some agricultural land elsewhere, China will (for a small fee) return the facilities to BYD.

I have no outlook on short-term profits or stock prices.
    Dec 22 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I'm buying BYDDF shares, but they're essentially the same. BYDDY (ADR) used to hold 10 shares per ADR share but now they hold 2 shares per ADR share.
    Dec 21 09:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is BYD Co. Fairly Valued? [View article]
    I've been a buyer at $5.60 and $5.40.
    Dec 19 06:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment