Robert Lawton

View Robert Lawton's Comments BY TICKER:
    Ed,
    You're "an investment advisor at Morgan Stanley" and therefore can't get ahold of the Piper report I cited?
    I find that somewhat hard to understand as my experience working at a large brokerage firm was very different. We always shared research with colleagues at other firms and they with us, a practice I know still exists today.
    RL
    Mar 17, 2013. 11:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great letter...
    FYI Scarlett has two t's in his name and email.
    Mar 17, 2013. 02:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    Once again, I completely disagree with you.
    You wrote:
    ".. I'm sure you understand putting all this in a public forum has, at least in the short run, knocked the hell out of the stock. I would think that more than half of the decline was caused by the questioning and then the very followed Motley Fool follow up."
    While I'd like to claim credit for being that influential, I'm simply not.
    I believe the reason for the decline had more to do with Stifel downgrading to a SELL and Piper downgrading and reducing their price target from 3 to 1.50 citing "Lab Abnormalities" which, by the way was news to me.
    Did ANYONE know about this before Piper mentioned it?
    The Motley Fool article came out at 6 pm on Friday therefore I'm sure you will agree had no influence on the decline.
    Bottom line, the shares have fallen after the CC, in my view, because the company effectively said on Wednesday:
    "We have virtually NOTHING going on for the rest of 2013 (yet we'll still manage to spend 33 million dollars)...But just you wait because this guy at the Mayo clinic may be onto something and if so, we'll initiate our own phase II study sometime around 2015!"
    This company, as I've said previously, has been a disgracefully mismanaged tragedy, and both retail and institutional investors are through drinking the Kool-Aid, THAT'S why the shares are down.
    I blame the board more than any one person for this squandering & perhaps even looting.
    RL
    Mar 16, 2013. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mar 15, 2013. 09:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Stifel got it right:
    Mar 13, 2013. 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    I believe the answer is a resounding "No".
    Their intent all along, as I asked in the CC, was to use the MM & ET trials purely to inform other indications, and neither had, nor have, any intention of pursuing them further.
    I'm through buying what these obscenely overpaid "researchers" rather than "developers" are selling and to your point of "not putting Geron down where it affects public perception", their continual behavior has done that for us, as evidenced by the share price.
    Mar 13, 2013. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    A guy who "earns" 900k including a 300k cash "bonus" during a year in which 2/3 of the pipeline and 2/3 of the headcount are axed, the shares decline by 40% and the broader indices rise by 40% better have a thicker skin than you.
    Anyone who isnt outraged by this disgracefully mismanaged company which has burned through hundreds of millions of dollars while management enriched only themselves and continues kicking the can down the never ending road, is deluded.
    Few analysts have the courage to ask those types of questions, I'm glad I did.
    Mar 13, 2013. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    This is, in my view, a mismanaged tragedy of a company.
    Sickening.
    Mar 13, 2013. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    My understanding is they're waiting to see how the Mayo trial turns out before beginning their own, Geron sponsored, MF trial...which would be a phase II.
    Anyone agree/disagree?
    I hope I'm wrong (and the next trial they conduct is a phase III in ANY indication).
    Mar 12, 2013. 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    I haven't looked too carefully at the releases but I expect there is already some sort of breakup clause in place to protect btx.
    I still hope some larger pharma buys geron entirely (including HESC'S) and pays btx the breakup fee, before the deal closes.
    Mar 7, 2013. 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    Where do you see that BTX wants to close the HESC deal early?
    Mar 7, 2013. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed.
    Here's Mayo link;
    http://1.usa.gov/TE8KJc (3/14 end date)
    AACR in April
    I like her but they shouldnt have a CFO giving MD type presentations at HC conferences.
    Meanwhile, still not far from a golden cross but we need a good week of higher daily closes daily to kick it off.
    Mar 6, 2013. 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    Today's (another) one of those days when I wish I had never heard of this GD company.
    Just venting.
    RL
    Mar 5, 2013. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    If anybody reiterates or initiates with a buy anytime soon, I bet they put a 2 or at most 2.50 pt on it.
    In other news, according to Anna, year end report is expected around mid March.
    Feb 28, 2013. 10:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron: Still Standing [View article]
    She can't possibly be any worse than that stammering, overpaid, imbecile Greenwood.
    Feb 27, 2013. 04:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment