Robert Lawton

View Robert Lawton's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    I doubt BAIT is selling down here. There's hardly any point and they have held since roughly 2000, I believe.
    The MM is purely a guess based on the ET results.
    I'm surprised no disclosure has been made as to when the mm results are coming, with 7 weeks left in the Q.
    Maybe the MM results'll be great. Maybe terrible. No idea.
    More importantly, based on the info I received from Anna pursuant to my Q re; Why imetelstat is now listed 2nd behind 1005 in their PR's, etc. She replied:
    "GRN1005 can be regarded as the more advanced product candidate, currently.
    When I followed up, she replied it's unlikely the FDA would allow a phase III in another indication (MF, MDS or AML) on the heels of a successful phase II in a different indication such as ET.
    Geron's history of shelving promising therapies (VAC II, OPC1, etc) leads me to believe they may do it again with imetelstat, using cash burn as an explanation for their refocus on 1005.
    They may also explain it by saying they are coming off a successful phase II in a more common indication with 1005.
    Yeah, I think you're right and they may shelve the 2nd slow enrolling 1005.
    I think theyre viewing everything through the lens of conserving cash/choosing battles.
    They cant pursue a 1005 Phase 3 in breast in December because the December results are only interim, presented in Poster form BTW. Top line arent expected until q2 2013.
    Thanks for the article link.
    RL
    Nov 13, 2012. 06:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hey all,
    A few updates here;
    I spoke with Jonathan Woolf of British American Investment Trust recently.
    I cant get into the substance of our conversation but I think it's fair to say he's a very frustrated shareholder.
    I'm very concerned that Geron plans to "back burner" imetelstat despite the apparently great results in ET.
    I'm surprised the patient pop. was so small in ET after all this time.
    I don't expect any "strategic review" result before some/all trial results are revealed.
    I don't expect any new/updated B/D coverage until after results. Too many analysts have been burned before by them.
    I think the strategic review may say: "we are shelving everything else to focus on 1005. We expect top line results from 1005 by 6/13 and we may go to a phase III at that time."
    Translation: Wait another 6 months
    I expect they will probably prolong the response to the BTX offer until 2013.
    Basically, I expect the company to come out next month and say:
    "ET results were good but we have no plans for a phase III.
    MM results were OK but we have no plans to pursue a phase III.
    Essentially, we're shelving imetelstat in favor of 1005.
    1005 prelims look pretty good and that's where we're going to focus our resources, BUT you're gonna hafta wait 6 months until we reveal the final results and we will go from there.
    We're still reviewing the BTX offer as it's complex, etc."
    I expect they will give out another round of bonuses which will be revealed after the bell on a Friday before a long weekend.
    Basically, I've lost most of my faith in this company and curse the day I first heard "Geron".
    P.S. My lawyers are conducting due diligence on what recourse we may have.
    P.P.S. I sincerely hope I 'm wrong
    Nov 13, 2012. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    When I last asked Anna about Vac 2, I believe she said it was part of the HESC biz and therefore part of the HESC asset sale.
    This was before the viacyte loss & before they revealed they were obligated to pursue certain licensed patents on their own.
    I wonder if Viacyte (or WARF obligation) affects Vac2?
    Nov 10, 2012. 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Anyone?
    Bueller?
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cool.
    Anyone have any thoughts on what the plan is for imetelstat as it appears to be a home run in liquid tumors but they arent planning phase III's for ET or MM, so, where to next?
    I agree w/u bio that 1005 may be good.
    Re; "strategic review"
    It seems they are gearing up for one phase III, in 1005 only.
    I'm concerned they may let imetelstat languish.
    Remember, they cannot go into a phase III in a new indication on the heels of a positive phase II in a different one, so what's the plan?
    Anyone?
    Nov 6, 2012. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    Am I the only one who is completely THRILLED & relieved by these seemingly outstanding results for imetelstat in ET?
    My questions/concerns are;
    When & where is MM data being presented?
    What is the plan for phase III's with imetelstat now that phase II in ET seems great?
    Anna recently wrote to me;
    "Recall the Phase 2 studies of imetelstat in ET and myeloma are biomarker studies to evaluate the effect of the drug on neoplastic progenitors, and we currently don’t intend to move forward in either of those two indications – rather, positive data would lead us to consider development in other heme malignancies, such as MF or MDS or AML, as we have described previously."
    Point being; they cannot go directly to phase III in a DIFFERENT indication (such as MF, MDS or AML) on the heels of positive results from a phase II in another indication (such as ET).
    Nov 6, 2012. 02:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Good job, Taylor!
    EVERYONE who reads this should take a few minutes and send an email to Chip, Anna & Huh detailing your personal views.
    Zero downside.
    Possible upside.
    Post it here when you're done, please.
    Best,
    RL
    Nov 5, 2012. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Companies With Investment Potential In Targeting Cancer [View article]
    The research within this article is quite outdated.
    Re; Geron
    The company announced almost two months ago they were discontinuing one of their imetelstat trials in solid tumors and doesn't expect the other to succeed.
    This caused the shares to get cut in half.
    The MRQ was announced on Tuesday and therefore has more current and accurate information re; cash burn, rev's, 1005 trials, etc.
    I suggest you edit this.
    Best,
    RL
    Nov 1, 2012. 07:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    Don't forget to listen to the CC starting shortly.
    Log in and ask a question if you can?...should be a light turnout for q&a.
    Oct 30, 2012. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lev,
    All I can say to you is;
    Best of luck.
    RL
    Oct 30, 2012. 02:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Lev, you wrote:
    "I will try and call Dr. Okarma and get a feel for what he plans to do with Geron's HESC platform. I will, point blank, ask him if he believes the offer can be increased."
    What makes you think you can get him to reveal this information to you?
    What's the upside for him to reveal to you their possible plans for a better offer?
    If Okarma does take your call & reveals he "believes the offer can be increased", do you think that makes him a capable CEO or a complete fool?
    Oct 29, 2012. 04:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    I really can't speculate on that, Bio.
    I have no more insight into this than anyone else.
    P.S. Market's remain closed tomorrow but CC will proceed as scheduled, according to Anna.
    Oct 29, 2012. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    I dont think anyone here is only "heaping praise" for Scarlett.

I disagree with this:
    "His interest in a town hall meeting probably bodes well for the progress reports because when CEO's are in knowledge of primarily negative upcoming information, the last thing they would be interested in doing is talking one on one with stockholders."

I think the progress reports may be good but I disagree that is his reason for desiring a "town hall".
    I take him at his word that he genuinely wants to interact with shareholders, period.

I also disagree with this:

"This brings me to the second subject. The question Scarlett asked Robert regarding why he didn't think the BAC deal was good leads me to believe that Scarlett does not have any great alternatives and would like to facilitate a generally positive shareholder response to finding a way the deal, or any deal, can be consummated. I think Scarlett is looking for a way out at this point. His focus is on cancer, not at all on stem cells. I think he simply wishes to get out as simply and quickly as possible without investor backlash."

Again, my sense is he also dislikes the BTX deal & my further sense is, the decision to exit stems was not primarily Scarlett's.
    Purely my impression.
    Oct 28, 2012. 09:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    FWIW
    Lev, once again, I completely disagree with you.
    KC, I completely agree with you.
    RL
    Oct 28, 2012. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Geron's Last Chance [View article]
    I recently proposed to Scarlett the following:
    "In the interest of time & simplicity, perhaps the following format would work well:
    Geron IR announces a Q&A call for investors.
    As part of the announcement, IR asks that questions be submitted to IR in advance.
    This accomplishes several things:
    Condensing duplicate questions.
    Distilling rambling questions to their essence.
    Disregarding deliberately foolish questions/comments.
    Provides you with the ability to thoughtfully consider your replies before responding, while remaining compliant.
    Perhaps it would be useful to have Graham on the call as well."
    So, I appreciate being "nominated" but I suspect you will all have an opportunity to submit/ask questions yourselves.
    If so, I strongly urge you to keep them as clear & concise as possible.
    I'm all for; "trying them out on each other here first" to whittle down good ones.
    Will keep you updated on any progress.
    Thanks