Robert Lewis

View Robert Lewis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Central Securities Still Has Value [View article]
    You do understand that even afterwards, Plymouth will remain the largest holding. I think the price is fair.
    Jul 16 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Central Securities Still Has Value [View article]
    Plymouth is a serious issue as management has no intention of ever going public, to provide liquidity. Everyone is aging and I suspect we simply must wait for a corporate event.
    Jul 10 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Central Securities Still Has Value [View article]
    There is substantial insider ownership and attention is focused on Plymouth. I believe management owns or controls 35% of the outstanding shares.
    Jul 9 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alliance Bernstein Income: Exceptionally Safe, High Income Fund [View article]
    The whole bond market has been collapsing
    Jun 21 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swiss Helvetia Offers Swiss Blue Chips At A 13% Discount [View article]
    I am also still a fan and still buying on dips.
    Jun 4 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXG Is Failing To Generate The Income It Seeks [View article]
    I want to be you
    Apr 30 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Central Securities Still Has Value [View article]
    I agree with you in light of the massive unrealized capital gains. Management is not foolish and should anything occur, I suspect they would seek to many any transaction tax advantaged.
    Apr 27 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General American Investors: A Perennial Favorite [View article]
    I truly thank you for your kindness.
    Apr 21 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RENN Global: A Cheap, Interesting And Speculative CEF [View article]
    Those are real issues not to be disregarded.
    Apr 20 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General American Investors: A Perennial Favorite [View article]
    Thank you for your kindness. You are also the only one to actually use a name.
    Apr 20 10:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General American Investors: A Perennial Favorite [View article]
    I have written about many closed end funds and am suprised by the total lack of interest in GAM. I have gotten 885 hits and no comments. I even mentioned it at GAM's annual meeting but they were simply amused. This is a billion dollar fund which seems to be trading under the radar. This may account for its discount.
    Apr 16 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swiss Helvetia Offers Swiss Blue Chips At A 13% Discount [View article]
    It is important to bear in mind that they have been taking care of other peoples' money for a very long time. Their primary goal is preservation with possible appreciation. I think they are doing their job properly. This fund will never be a super star but it will always continue to do what it does.
    Apr 16 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Central Securities Still Has Value [View article]
    Yes it would
    Apr 10 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swiss Helvetia Offers Swiss Blue Chips At A 13% Discount [View article]
    That is correct. It is designed to keep your money safe.
    Mar 30 09:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Swiss Helvetia Offers Swiss Blue Chips At A 13% Discount [View article]
    I agree fully. They will keep your money safe while giving you exposure to a sector which is difficult to understand or purchase.
    Mar 29 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment