Robert Schroeder

View Robert Schroeder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • S&P 500 - Uncertain Spending Cuts Creating Small Trading Ranges And Signaling A Top? [View article]
    I am not suggesting the ride up has been anything short of sensational. Time will tell if lighting up, getting out or even playing the downside @ 1520 was wise or "the next msitake".
    Feb 15, 2013. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is true. The bond demand is still strong. It is strong for a reason though. People learned from 2008 & 2000.
    Feb 15, 2013. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just remember when everyone runs for the door @ the same time it can be very crowded.
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly, Buying dips has been great but I would use stops. Seems like to many people have forgotten the flash crash & other sharp sell offs. It is inevitable something happens similar again when there is bad news. & I would not be surprised if it is sharp & quick after such a long rally.
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Agree. Total grind. Something has go to give.
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. Selling calls is my favorite thing to do w this market, however, short options is not for most investor. I am not sure how you sell calls but Emini SP options have the most leverage IMO. Give me a call to discuss if you would like - 855.870.1501. Thanks, Bob Schroeder
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Biclylist have you ever looked into selling futures options? I actually run a CTA that only sells far out of the money naked short options. I would like to talk to you aboput it. You might actually be able to do something similiar yourself or want to invest in the program. Give me a call -855.870.1501. Thanks, Bob
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Euro Currency: Correction Expected [View article]
    Japan is printing money like it is going out of style & yes, Europe is loaded w problems & the US$ is far from strong. With your outlook sounds like you should be taking a long position in the Gold. & I agree on buing pullbacks bc even Gold is act funny n& in a sideways trade.
    Feb 7, 2013. 10:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500 In 'Buy The Rumor, Sell The Fact' Mode [View article]
    Well if you are willing to sell the Jan strangle against it 1329 is a 24.50 pt profit if the timing works out. The strangle has only opportunity risk to the down side but unlimited upside risk. I am comfortable w it though.
    Dec 13, 2012. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500 In 'Buy The Rumor, Sell The Fact' Mode [View article]
    Totally agree.
    Dec 13, 2012. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500 In 'Buy The Rumor, Sell The Fact' Mode [View article]
    I agree. Dangerous time to be aggressively long.
    Dec 13, 2012. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment