Robert Steele

View Robert Steele's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    I respect your experience but heating pipelines with natural gas to reduce viscosity is an industry standard technique around the world. The links I cited make that clear. The effect takes ~1-2 seconds to charge a given volume of oil depending on API/viscosity. The papers on the ZERO web site have many test results that show this. The effect lasts long enough to send the oil a considerable distance downstream. This will be my last response.
    Sep 28, 2012. 12:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    The length of the section shown in the prototype was designed specifically for the flow rates used in the test. The Chairman of the Physics Department at Temple University developed a formula for determining the length and number of subsections needed for given flow rates. This formula was confirmed by the engineering team at a large pipeline equipment manufacturer and used in the design of the prototype. A given volume of oil needs to be exposed to a certain volume of electric field for a certain amount of time to charge the oil to deliver the desired effect. The amounts of time and the volumes needed to drop viscosities in a meaningful way can be accomplished in lengths that are practical to be installed on existing pipelines. As the charge dissipates, the viscosity reduction returns to normal after a period of time, but this period of time is long enough that the devices can be spaced out along the pipeline in an economically viable manner. The technology scales to faster flow rates which would require longer sections. Cathodic protection is preserved because field implementations contain "loops" or bypass pipes with valves before and after the unit that are isolated from the active electrical components of the AOT but preserve the current flowing through the pipeline for cathodic protection.
    Sep 27, 2012. 01:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    Unlike "Infitalis" who is anonymous, I have chosen to publicly describe reasons based on actual experience and expertise why ZERO technology and execution are headed in the right direction.
    Sep 26, 2012. 05:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    I respect your questions, but they are beyond the scope of my current information. I have been contributing my knowledge of the company between 2008 and 2011.
    Sep 26, 2012. 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    @debauche Yes I can because heating oil to lower viscosity is an industry standard practice. This brand new pipeline in India is heated for 600+ km with natural gas. http://bit.ly/S8G86Q. Many pipelines here in California heated for hundreds of miles with natural gas. http://bit.ly/S8GMBj

I am an engineer. I am not a financial professional. I am long in the stock and do not follow it day to day. No one from ZERO contacted me prior to writing this article. I am a Seeking Alpha contributor. The timing of this article was based on me seeing the poorly written, disparaging and completely erroneous article that received so much attention a couple days ago on this site.

I will add that the article in question also disparaged ZERO's history with the ZEFS technology. It was the Company's interest in magnetism's effects on improving combustion that led to ZERO meeting the Chairman of the Physics Department at Temple University who co-invented the AOT. If there had been no investment in ZEFS, there would not have been the development of AOT. As I stated, some pipeline operators know from experience that electromagnetism can be helpful in removing waxy build up because it reduces viscosity.
    Sep 26, 2012. 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    @Stocks N Sectors. I am not currently with ZERO and my analysis is from 2010 and is not based on the most current data from the company. Many popular issues that have made investors billions would have and did fail the auditor's going concern test. Many tech companies that made game changing products lost money for years prior to steadily growing through quarterly earnings. The investors who backed most tech companies took the risk that the company had to continue raising financing to get to profitability. That willingness to continue to invest in companies that auditors said were not a going concern built many of today's Fortune 500 companies and the investors that were in early did well.
    Sep 26, 2012. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO Has Strong Technology And An Achieveable Business Plan [View article]
    @tworomeo. I am not currently with ZERO and my analysis is from 2010 and is not based on the most current data from the company. In 2010, I assisted in preparing an ROI analysis used by a multi-billion dollar international manufacturer that did the fabrication at their expense for the first RMOTC trials. We found that a 175 mile pipeline would have an ROI of eight months from installing the AOT technology. Specifically that the cost savings in reduced pump load and heating costs would pay for the cost of the AOT and installation in eight months. This study included in the costs the pipeline downtime, construction and installation along a 175 mile pipeline. I also did an ROI analysis for a 1,200 kilometer pipeline where the AOT would reduce the need for Drag Reducing Agent. The ROI was 8 months in that case as well. This was a thorough analysis done in coordination with an experienced pipeline equipment manufacturer. The assumed revenues to ZERO in both cases were quite substantial even with the fast ROI. The reason for this fast ROI is that the AOT does not require new technologies, fabs or materials that do not currently exist in the marketplace, and the underlying phenomenon uses 100 times less energy that heating. In the DRA cases, DRA is expensive, it takes a lot of it to have an effect and it has to be re-injected after every pump on the line.
    Sep 26, 2012. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ZERO's Current Scheme Is Nearly Identical To The Program That Led To An SEC Halt And Fraud Charges In 2001 [View article]
    I'll have an article coming out in Seeking Alpha shortly. The author of this article is misinformed. I am an engineer who has worked closely with the team at Temple University and seen the technology work many times in the presence of dozens of engineers with decades of pipeline experience. The company only had access to the facilities at RMOTC after having passed the scrutiny of many highly skilled pipeline engineers from major pipeline companies and one major pipeline pump manufacturer. I was on those calls and in those meetings. STWA has real technology and a great team.
    Sep 25, 2012. 10:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment