Robert Tepper

View Robert Tepper's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Support.com Earnings [View article]
    The new management is going to be a big plus. I wouldn't bet against Elizabeth. Yes, this is her first crack at being a CEO at 58 years old but she has a lot of top management experience with Citrix and she's extremely bright. I find her well spotted for this new role. It is she that tips the scale in favor of me taking a long term position in SPRT.
    No dividends to pay, zero debt and fair management pay structures and incentive plans should keep the cash burn to a minimum. Just my impressions but you can count me in, Matt. :)
    Aug 11 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After Hour Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    With today's annouced earnings UBNT is now selling at a p/e of 18.75. Try to find a company with UBNT's growth and profitability that sells that cheap. Good luck. :)
    May 8 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    In the after hours UBNT is presently selling at $37.50. With today's annouced earnings of 50 cents per share it equates to UBNT selling at a p/e of 18.75. Try to find a company with UBNT's growth and profitability that sells that cheap. Good luck with that. :)
    May 8 06:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    For those who are interested, today I bought back the UBNT shares that I sold a month or so ago. (as mentioned in the article above) This sell-off makes little to no sense to me. To be able to buy UBNT shares at $35 is a great opportunity, in my opinion.
    Apr 14 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    Good to hear from you Matthew. I look forward to reading a new article from you on UBNT. Mine was more from the perspective of what I think Cisco needs to do and not necessarily a prediction of how Robert Pera might respond. However, if my hypothetical came about -do not dismiss the prospect of him accepting for a few reasons:
    1. The fair value offer that I suggested (that has many scratching their head, but I as a shareholder wouldn't take less) is around 10.5 billion. That "bird in the hand" for Pera could prove to be an offer that can't be refused. (to use an old, trite cliché)
    2. Yes, the overall philosophies of the two companies contrast mightily but, in my scenario, R.J.P becomes Cisco's new CEO (as Chambers is looking to retire) and thus he could completely revamp the culture over time.
    3. The prestige for Pera to be at the controls of one of the legendary companies in Silicon Valley's history not to mention the overall world of business and finance probably wouldn't suck. :)
    Feb 27 06:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    Again I tend to disagree. While I would never advise anyone to "load the boat" with any stock, I feel that those who buy a bit of UBNT with a long term horizon will be handsomely rewarded. Thanks for the read. :)
    Feb 27 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    Value, similar to beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Would you tell Zuckerberg that he received great value with his purchase of What'sApp? We'll need hindsight to judge. You seem like a frustrated Cisco shareholder. I understand. You hang on to your shares and I'll be doing the same with my UBNT holdings. Good luck. :)
    Feb 27 08:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    "Susquehanna has taken notice of P's impressive year-to-date advance of 27.6%, increasing its price target by $5 to $41 this morning. Meanwhile, short interest is relatively high on Pandora Media Inc, as these bearish bets account for 14.5% of the stock's float -- or 19.8 million shares. Should the equity's upward trajectory continue, the shares -- perched at $33.94 -- may end up benefiting from short-covering activity."
    Fascinating. Where were all you analysts when I wrote this article with Pandora at $7?
    New all time high today. Above $36. Woo hoo!
    I don't write at all anymore but you may be able to decipher from my comments that I caught another good one with UBNT. Check out Mathew Dow for articles on that. (He's awesome)
    For those interested, I'm only buying one stock this year. EVTC.
    Jan 30 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Similar to earlier in 2013, a three million share short position has accrued in UBNT over the past month. I don't believe that this is a collection of speculators. Contrarily, I sense that this is one wise guy, hedge fund that has erroneously convinced himself that this company is badly over-valued. I also sense that he has stubbornly pressed his bets as the stock has risen over the past few days. I expect the short position to inflate again upon the next (11/15) short status update.
    This does not concern me. I've been through this. Most recently with Pandora. As a long term Ubiquiti shareholder, I welcome it. While it may increase volatility over the next month or so and may be hard on short term investors, I feel quite confident that this will be a losing venture for the short. It will turn out to be a great catalyst for a big increase in the valuation of Ubiquiti over the next 6-12 months when the big short realizes his error and capitulates. Print that in your fine article, Matt. :)
    Nov 11 09:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    As always, I look forward to your article. I agree that this marketing idea is quite clever and innovative. I bet it came from the very top. Pera seems really creative and savvy.
    Nov 8 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    More strong earnings and UBNT will be opening the Stock Market on 11/18/2013. I imagine we may go higher again. Are you still holding a full position Matthew?
    Nov 7 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    We are up 300% in the 11 months since I wrote this article. Halfway to $56. :)
    Oct 18 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: Lock-up Expires, Providing A Short-Term Alpha Opportunity [View article]
    Summit Partners did, in fact, sell 1.3 million shares at $33 per share yesterday. :)
    Sep 13 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    By my calculations, Summit Partners were entitled to sell 3.3 million shares this quarter. (per SEC rules)
    I anticipate they are selling the 750-850k shares today that they didn't sell last week. (at around $33.15)
    If I am correct, then this again is a positive for shareholders of any type time horizon.
    If I am incorrect and it is Pera that has decided to sell around a half million shares or so, it still would be no biggie except that it might spook a few shareholders a bit. We should find out around this Monday when a filing is made public.
    Sep 12 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pera, IMO, has aspirations of being one of the wealthiest people in the world. If this is the case, he'll likely sell only a few shares here and there to cover his life expenses. Ubiquiti just may be the type of long term growth company to get him to that status. The other option for Pera would be the tendency of many other founders and CEO's of successful companies and begin a monthly selling plan. Tim Westergren, for example, who is a founder of Pandora Radio, has had a monthly selling plan in place since his IPO, where he automatically sells 85,000 shares every month. I sense if Pera was inclined to choose the latter path he would have started a selling plan by now. It seems he's choosing the former route. I hope I am correct because like Gates, Buffet, Brin, etc., I believe that he and guys like Musk and Zuckerberg will do great things with their accumulated wealth in the years to come.
    Sep 7 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment