Robert Tepper

View Robert Tepper's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ubiquiti Networks: Lock-up Expires, Providing A Short-Term Alpha Opportunity [View article]
    Summit Partners were able to sell 2.5 million shares on Wednesday. Thankfully, that is more than I would have assumed on a 3 million volume day. With just 6 million shares left and a less than a 7% stake, (an increased float) I believe, you can render Summit of virtually no consequence going forward as it pertains to their influence on the UBNT pps.
    Btw, I suspect that Summit's net holdings in Ubiquiti is less than the 6 million share figure. The sizable short position in UBNT, while scaled down over the past few months, still, IMO, predominantly belongs to Summit as a long term hedge against their holdings.
    Keep up the good work Matthew. :)
    Sep 6, 2013. 07:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Wow, an amazing and quick ride Matthew. Pretty fun, huh? UBNT clearly seems overbought on a near term basis as it touched $37 today. Unlike me, I know you are a value investor so I was wondering if you are going to or already have sold your shares. Although it seems properly valued at this level based on the current earnings report, I haven't sold nor do I have plans to sell any of my shares. I feel that if you unload a position in a company like Ubiquiti, you spend the coming months and years searching for another one like it only to become frustrated by such a futile task.
    Aug 28, 2013. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Well crafted article, as always, Matt.
    I am as positive on UBNT, for the long haul, as you seem to be and more. They are one of a very small number of companies that I am invested in. Good luck to us. :)
    Aug 15, 2013. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: The Story Continues To Improve [View article]
    I'm looking forward to it. :)
    Aug 9, 2013. 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: The Story Continues To Improve [View article]
    Good job, Matt. Friday should be a great day for us longs. You can count on me not selling any of mine. :)
    Aug 9, 2013. 04:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    Up 153% in six months. Not too shabby. ;)
    Congrats to all longs and anyone who may have gone with my opinion. :)
    May 24, 2013. 07:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: The Story Continues To Improve [View article]
    I agree that a good case could be made that this is a positive for long term investors. Summit Partners, being "IPO specialists" were going to inevitably exit their position. I'd rather they do it this way then try to unload their shares into typical low volume trading. Similarly, institutions that may have had UBNT on their radar now have a better vehicle in which to get in and buy.
    Pera is making his first sale. It's pretty small. He's entitled. He's done a great job with this company. It shouldn't be seen in anyway negative. Shrewd long term investors should realize that it is a better option than to keep issuing special dividends. Keep the money within the company to grow through R&D, etc.
    May 18, 2013. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: The Story Continues To Improve [View article]
    By the way Matthew, I appreciate the thoughtful way you research and present your information. You're actually one of the only people I follow on S.A.
    Just curious, does today's news of the UBNT secondary fundamentally change any of your thoughts or metrics that you've laid out in this article?
    May 18, 2013. 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: The Story Continues To Improve [View article]
    It's non dilutive. It does increase the float by almost 100%. I'm betting that institutions will be looking to swallow these shares up pretty quickly.
    In the long run it's a non-event. In the short run, I believe, it presents a pretty nice opportunity to get into a low volume traded growth company that was nearly impossible to buy with such a small float.
    May 17, 2013. 07:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    or not. :)
    Mar 8, 2013. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Stock In The Commodity Sector Will Be Endeavour Silver [View article]
    Cool. Keep in mind, I believe you should never buy a stock merely on someone's recommendation. Even mine. :)
    Nov 21, 2012. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    indeed
    Nov 20, 2012. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    Hey there Milachi,
    I just today, had a SA article published on the identity of the other stock. Hope you get an opportunity to read it. :)
    Nov 19, 2012. 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Understood.
    Hey, don't lose sight of the fact that you went to back to back AFC Championship games over the past few years...nothing to sneeze at. :)
    Nov 19, 2012. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ed,
    I'm assuming you sat down with Brad Cooke? Brad Smith is a good backup QB in the NFL but I'm not sure how much he knows about silver mining. :)
    Nov 19, 2012. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment