Robert Tepper

View Robert Tepper's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Best Stock In The Commodity Sector Will Be Endeavour Silver [View article]
    I love how you suggest that I don't know what I'm talking about and then basically agree with most that I've written.
    We will disagree on the other mid-tier silver miners. I don't think they are nearly in EXK's league. AG's Neumeyer is a bit too "riverboat" for me and him holding all that PSLV make me wonder if he kowtows to Sprott a bit too much. Tahoe and Mag while they may be promising have much to prove. Too many shares in the AUNFF float for me to get excited about a penny pink sheeter.
    Time will tell.
    Good luck to you and thanks for the read. :)
    Nov 19 12:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    In the best case scenario I would prefer that Apple not launch a competitive product. I worry more about them embedding the app on its main page while losing incentive to promote Pandora, than it being a superior product. I wonder however, if Apple is working feverishly to launch streaming music any minute, they're not acting like a company with a killer instinct. The have been promoting Pandora for the past week more than I ever recall in the featured area of their App Store. If, however, all the rumors turn out to be true, I still, whole heartedly believe that Pandora will be a revenue generating company that will grow its earnings exponentially over time, regardless of the competition. Similarly, I believe they will be fine business-wise without the IFA bill passing. The lines however, have been drawn in the sand and I feel confident Pandora, Clear Channel and their posse will be the victors in this battle. Time will tell. :)
    Nov 14 05:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    Thanks for reading and your thoughts, Mike. :)
    Nov 14 09:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    Lol. "Unqualified" translation: anything that I disagree with or have an opposing position against.
    Nov 14 09:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    In the after hours UBNT is presently selling at $37.50. With today's annouced earnings of 50 cents per share it equates to UBNT selling at a p/e of 18.75. Try to find a company with UBNT's growth and profitability that sells that cheap. Good luck with that. :)
    May 8 06:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    For those who are interested, today I bought back the UBNT shares that I sold a month or so ago. (as mentioned in the article above) This sell-off makes little to no sense to me. To be able to buy UBNT shares at $35 is a great opportunity, in my opinion.
    Apr 14 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Needs To Think Like Zuckerberg And Buy Ubiquiti Networks [View article]
    Good to hear from you Matthew. I look forward to reading a new article from you on UBNT. Mine was more from the perspective of what I think Cisco needs to do and not necessarily a prediction of how Robert Pera might respond. However, if my hypothetical came about -do not dismiss the prospect of him accepting for a few reasons:
    1. The fair value offer that I suggested (that has many scratching their head, but I as a shareholder wouldn't take less) is around 10.5 billion. That "bird in the hand" for Pera could prove to be an offer that can't be refused. (to use an old, trite cliché)
    2. Yes, the overall philosophies of the two companies contrast mightily but, in my scenario, R.J.P becomes Cisco's new CEO (as Chambers is looking to retire) and thus he could completely revamp the culture over time.
    3. The prestige for Pera to be at the controls of one of the legendary companies in Silicon Valley's history not to mention the overall world of business and finance probably wouldn't suck. :)
    Feb 27 06:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    "Susquehanna has taken notice of P's impressive year-to-date advance of 27.6%, increasing its price target by $5 to $41 this morning. Meanwhile, short interest is relatively high on Pandora Media Inc, as these bearish bets account for 14.5% of the stock's float -- or 19.8 million shares. Should the equity's upward trajectory continue, the shares -- perched at $33.94 -- may end up benefiting from short-covering activity."
    Fascinating. Where were all you analysts when I wrote this article with Pandora at $7?
    New all time high today. Above $36. Woo hoo!
    I don't write at all anymore but you may be able to decipher from my comments that I caught another good one with UBNT. Check out Mathew Dow for articles on that. (He's awesome)
    For those interested, I'm only buying one stock this year. EVTC.
    Jan 30 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Similar to earlier in 2013, a three million share short position has accrued in UBNT over the past month. I don't believe that this is a collection of speculators. Contrarily, I sense that this is one wise guy, hedge fund that has erroneously convinced himself that this company is badly over-valued. I also sense that he has stubbornly pressed his bets as the stock has risen over the past few days. I expect the short position to inflate again upon the next (11/15) short status update.
    This does not concern me. I've been through this. Most recently with Pandora. As a long term Ubiquiti shareholder, I welcome it. While it may increase volatility over the next month or so and may be hard on short term investors, I feel quite confident that this will be a losing venture for the short. It will turn out to be a great catalyst for a big increase in the valuation of Ubiquiti over the next 6-12 months when the big short realizes his error and capitulates. Print that in your fine article, Matt. :)
    Nov 11 09:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    We are up 300% in the 11 months since I wrote this article. Halfway to $56. :)
    Oct 18 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: This Bull Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Well crafted article, as always, Matt.
    I am as positive on UBNT, for the long haul, as you seem to be and more. They are one of a very small number of companies that I am invested in. Good luck to us. :)
    Aug 15 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    Up 153% in six months. Not too shabby. ;)
    Congrats to all longs and anyone who may have gone with my opinion. :)
    May 24 07:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for taking the time, Bost. :)
    Nov 19 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    I'm very bullish on people having strong feelings. :)
    I have the same cost for Pandora yearly at $36. (3.99 per month however) All of my other figures differ from yours. (e.g. 55 million active users not only not "generous" but inaccurate, etc.)
    Thanks again.
    Nov 14 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Pandora Will Reach $56 Per Share [View article]
    Yes, I love Steven Tyler too. Dream On just came on my Pandora. :)
    Nov 14 09:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment