Robert Wagner

View Robert Wagner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Smith & Wesson: Analysis And Management Meeting Imply 100% Upside Potential [View article]
    A Republican victory in 2014 will destroy these stocks. If the House picks up seats and the Senate changes hands, the rally in gun stocks will be over. Politics drive gun sales.
    Aug 3 07:34 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Don't Own Gold [View article]
    It is shielded, but any system run by man has its flaws. Ben clearly isn't bowing to President Obama, but President Obama can't fire him, he can only not re-nominate him which is what it looks like he is going to do. Sure the system isn't perfect, but Ben has been toing everything I was taught he should have done given the circumstances.
    Jun 28 01:35 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Blame Bernanke For The Sell-Off [View article]
    "The author seems to be critical of Congress, but finds Mr. Bernanke blameless."

1) Ben Bernanke is hired to implement the Fed charter that has a duel mandate of low inflation and low unemployment.
    2) Ben Bernanke is doing what every textbook in the world would instruct him to do.
    3) If the Fed had any role in the 2008 crisis, it occured before Ben Bernanke.
    4) Monetary policy isn't the problem, nor is it the cause of our problems. Fiscal policy is. Blaming Ben is like blaming a fireman for your house fire. It simply makes no sense.
    Jun 24 08:26 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peter Schiff Has It Totally Backwards - Gold Is Not Going 'To The Moon' [View article]
    There is a huge huge huge difference between the Weimar Republic and today. During the 1920s the German government would print money, buy things and give them to the French. There were too many dollars chasing too few goods. Today we have just the opposite, the Fed may print money, but banks aren't loaning, velocity is shrinking, so while there may be more actual dollars, they aren't chasing goods.
    Jun 15 05:02 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How The Experts Were Wrong: Gold Failed To Hold $1,400 And The Taylor Rule [View article]
    I tell you what, how about we wait until we have hyperinflation before you start throwing around accusations.
    May 31 09:09 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I can't reply to all the comments, especially ones about gold. There are simply too many people that disagree with my position...and keep losing money.
    May 31 07:31 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't have any holdings even remotely related to gold, long or short.
    May 31 07:28 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver: Is This The 'Last' Decline? [View article]
    @Avi, not quite the answer I was hoping for, but if that is the best I can get, I'll take it. Those were intellectually honest questions, and I was hoping for some real convincing intelligently honest answers. What I've learned is the sentiment determines the value of gold, but I don't know what the sentiment is for gold right now according to your interpretation of EW. I didn't think that was an unfair question, and if possible I'd like an answer. Is going going higher or lower from here? How long and how far? Or is there a link to one of your articles that will answer those questions?
    May 19 02:58 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver: Is This The 'Last' Decline? [View article]
    @Avi, saying sentiment will drive gold higher is like saying there are more aggressive buyers than sellers. I'd need to look up the exact quote that you are talking about, but there are an infinite number of things that could drive gold higher, but the most probable one is a run for a safe haven, and now gold is even losing its safe haven status to the $US and even treasuries. Sentiment is a catch all phrase, and there are no real reliable metrics to measure it. If anything I would say sentiment is an observation. When gold is going higher, sentiment must be positive. Maybe you could use premiums on puts and calls, but even that would be a short term indirect measurement. Anyway, there are many things that can drive gold higher or lower, only a few are likely. That is basically the crux of my comments. While I don't have the exact quote you are referring to, it is possible I should have used the phrase "the most likely" instead of "the only."
    May 19 09:21 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wind And Solar Share Fatal Flaws: Politics And Variability Of Output [View article]
    Hansen Retires from NASA

"James E. Hansen, the climate scientist who issued the clearest warning of the 20th century about the dangers of global warming, will retire from NASA this week, giving himself more freedom to pursue political and legal efforts to limit greenhouse gases."

Clearly he was more a political activist than a scientist. You simply can't find a more biased "scientist."

Apr 4 04:29 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I simply look at the most accurate data out there, satellite data, and it shows no significant warming. The current level is the same level as it was in 1987. The moving average is the same as it was in 1997. Yes there has been a slight uptrend, but it isn't linear as you would expect if it was due to CO2, which does increase on an almost linear scale. Lastly, warming doesn't mean man is causing it. We've been warming for over 10,000 year. The little ice age ended less than 250 years ago. We should welcome the warming, not try to stop it. We are long overdue for another ice age, so be careful what you wish for. http://bit.ly/KOvLAJ
    Apr 4 03:46 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Downward Pressure On SolarCity [View article]
    "Haha, he is linking to his own article to prove his point and a silly graph. Robert, really? I think its time to exit the stage and leave it to the experts."

That is all I get. People that don't even try to refute the skeptic's position. That article you are referring to has some very specific challenges. I, and everyone reading this discussion, now knows that you choose not to refute them, but to run from the challenge. Don't worry, you aren't the first, and you won't be the last. People that believe the climate scientists do so because they trust them, and have never taken to understand what is supporting their trust. It is hard for people to accept that they are gullible, and have no idea why they believe in what they believe.
    Mar 26 04:19 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Downward Pressure On SolarCity [View article]
    "Wagner and his debunking of global warming is just laughable "

Feel free to explain why anyone should follow an organization where basically 100% of their models are a) highly biased b) overstate temperatures and c) have been proven invalid? Feel free to explain how the CO2 warms the oceans. Feel free to explain why we haven't had warming for over 17 years. Feel free to explain what caused the warming over the 12,000 years before man. Feel free to identify a period of Al Gore's 600k chart when climate wasn't changing. Feel free to explain how CO2 that absorbs IR with a temp of -80 degree C can warm anything. It is easy insult others, it is much more difficult to prove them wrong. Prove me wrong. P.S. Referring to the experts that created the invalid models isn't proof of anything. Refute me with the science.
    Mar 26 09:11 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors' Guide To El Nino, Climate Change And Summer Weather Forecast [View article]
    "Overwhelming scientific evidence and an overwhelming consensus in the scientific community prove that global warming is real and is caused by human activities. "

I must not have been clear in the article. The graphic shows the results of the CMIP5 analysis of the IPCC models. Nearly 100% of them overestimated current temperatures, most by a dramatic/statistically significant amount. In real science when you get results you go back to the drawing board. It might me better if you explain to the readers why a group of "scientists" that produce so overwhelmingly biased research should be trusted? I have the data, you have quotes. Please tell everyone why people that have proven they can't model the climate should be trusted? Is climate science a science or religion? If it is a science, the evidence I provided just rejected the null hypothesis. What evidence do you have other than quotes?
    Mar 14 08:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "I'm not aware of any scientists that suggest El Nino is related to climate change. I do think it tends to confuse deniers though. You seem to confirm that. "

Without the Government pushing climate change fears we would never hear about climate change. This whole movement came out of the IPCC. Before the IPCC climate change was just normal, as all the charts prove. After the IPCC man was causing it. Even the first chart used by the IPCC proved that, and only after they realized that the data didn't support their theory did they start changing the graphs.
    Mar 14 05:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment