Robert Wagner

View Robert Wagner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Another Day, Another Major Shale Discovery [View article]
    "I thought the article was nice but just wanted to inform the write that this is not a new shale play. TMS has been around for a while, just has not been economically proven so far."

Thanks for the comment, that is kind of the point I was making. New technology is greatly expanding the possibilities. What isn't viable one day becomes viable the next day. I've gotten a few comments like that so I must not have made the point clear. I should have stressed this point more. "The technology changes so fast in this industry that fields that were once considered unrecoverable suddenly become recoverable."
    Mar 3, 2014. 11:19 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Day, Another Major Shale Discovery [View article]
    That is why I used current Charts of production. I pointed out the date on the graph for the very reason you identified, it is outdated and didn't some some major new discoveries. That is the point of this article, new discoveries are being found all the time.
    Mar 3, 2014. 09:53 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Warming "Science"; What Investors Need To Know, Don't Just Trust The "Experts" [View instapost]
    The is the real problem the climate "scientists" face, they have to re-write history. There is plenty of archeological evidence proving the Roman and Medieval warming periods existed, so the climate "scientists" have to some how erase all of history.
    Feb 22, 2014. 11:00 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "At one time I might have tried to engage you further to find out if we could resolve our differences or whether you have any useful insights to help me in my search for understanding."

Funny, everytime I make those challenges people always find a way not to answer them. Dr Thompson himself won't answer those challenges. Anyway, your inability/unwillingness to answer my challenges is all the evidence I needed to make my point.

Your anti-science join the herd comment is widely accepted will be a disaster for the world. There will be no need for science, only policy makers and bureaucrats to implement/enforce them. People fighting for freedom in the 1930s were considered "irrelevant" and the socialist herd was trampling everyone's freedom. I simply choose not to join that destructive herd. I find it frightening that SA would choose your article and not publish mine. That is the real problem this world faces. The wrong people get to communicate their message.

"You may not agree with the way the world is moving, but you'd better accept it. Your only alternative is irrelevance."
    Feb 22, 2014. 09:40 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "AFTER PUTTING IN AS MUCH GOOD FAITH EFFORT as I can to learning about both the science and politics of climate change it seems pretty obvious what a reasonable person must do. I don’t fully understand climate science and I don’t fully understand what makes people like you tick. But, when I need to get my car repaired I take it to the dealer and when I have questions about science I take them to the National Academy of Sciences. You should do that too instead of wasting your and other people's time with such bogus crap. "

You are very fortunate that SA will publish your articles and not mine. I see you got an "Editor's Pick." I've made very very very specific challenges to the science and the only rebuttal you have is that the "experts" disagree with me, so I am wrong. The "experts" disagreed with Columbus, Newton, Einstein, Galileo and the Wright Brothers. The reason we remember then is because they weren't gullible enough to trust in the "experts." Science is done by those who think for themselves, not allow others to do the thinking for us. You can join the herd and follow it off the cliff, I prefer to find the truth and lead the herd away from danger. Keep trusting the experts, I'll keep seeking the real truth.
    Feb 22, 2014. 09:09 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "The consensus view has impressive credentials. It has been validated by the National Academy of Sciences and the Nobel Committee. Its proponents teach at the world’s most respected universities and publish in the most prestigious peer reviewed journals. They come from all over the world and compete for funding from hundreds of different public and private agencies."

1) All those people rely of Gov't money to fund their research. Why would they argue against a position that would cost them a job?
    2) Lonnie Thompson is in the NAS. Why doesn't he speak up about the sublimation? Why do we find out about it through leaked e-mails?
    3) Actual temperature measurements are proving these experts wrong on a biblical scale.
    Feb 22, 2014. 08:57 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "We can’t drill our own Antarctic ice cores and measure how much CO2 they contain. The only thing we know, all bullshit aside, is that the vast majority of expert scientists has coalesced around one point of view, and there is a much smaller group of dissenters."

What we can do it take our knowledge of science and evaluate their conclusions. I see you have a background in economics and understand multivariable modeling. How you can justify this nonsense is beyond me. Have you studied how the Hockey-Stick chart was constructed? The data samples used in ground measurements? The fact that CO2 is considered the most significant variable? Facts are CO2 lags temp, it doesn't lead it. Reversing the dependent and independent variable would get anyone an F- in any econometric class. Curve fitting would get anyone an F-.

Simply look at Al Gore's chart, it has all the evidence that man made climate change is a fraud, no economist would deny that. There is no period when climate isn't changing. There are plenty of periods when temperature was higher. It show a recent warming period and a recent cooling period.
    Feb 22, 2014. 08:54 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Robert Wagner: You make so many elementary mistakes, starting with confusing a sample proportion and a confidence level it's hard to take you seriously."

I didn't make that mistake, this chart has the confidence interval as do many others.

The spaghetti chart you may be referring to doesn't have the confidence interval, but that doesn't diminish that 95% of the models all error on the same side. That is by definition of a bias of epic proportions. Do you disagree with that? If no, than it is up to you to explain why anyone should trust such a biased science. That is your problem to defend, not mine. That bias is proof of anti-science, not science.
    Feb 22, 2014. 08:42 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, unfortunately it got rejected for publication. Please share it. I was hoping to get that kind of response from more people, but I'll keep trying. Once again, thanks for the comment and please share.
    Feb 20, 2014. 03:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consequences Of A Farmland Bubble, And Who Gets Hurt When It Bursts? [View article]
    "So why not write an article saying 4% EtOH should be the target in gasoline for the EPA, not 10%?"

Not sure where you are coming from with these comments? Using ethanol as an oxygenator was a very very very small part of the article. There are other chemicals that can be used as an oxygenator as well. That point is really irrelevant. The EPA isn't regulating 10%, 15% and 85% because of its oxygenating capabilities, it is regulating them to alter CO2.
    Feb 18, 2014. 11:47 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "conspiratorial tone of the article"

???? Was the mortgage crisis a "conspiracy?" No, it is simply gov't programs distorting the markets to the point of collapse. I didn't say gov't is creating ethanol to trigger a crisis, I said that is what has happened in the past is I wouldn't rule it our for the future.

These are socialistic programs, there is nothing free market about them.
    Feb 18, 2014. 09:55 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Wealth Effect That Did Not Trickle Down [View article]
    "It continues to amaze how much the role of the Fed is misunderstood and how people assign it powers that do not exist. It's ironic that the Fed is blamed both for levitating the economy with QE (where the operative assumption is that it would suddenly collapse without it) and for retarding the economy with low interest rates. It couldn't be both, and, in fact, it's neither."

Pure genius.
    Feb 14, 2014. 11:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Setting Up For Another Fall [View article]
    Don't get me wrong, I love your article, especially the Gold-Bug beat down, but listen to Janet Yellen, the 6.5 is anything but a line in the sand. She even mentioned using something like the U6 as the unemployment gauge. The Fed will be very very very slow on the taper and raising rates.
    Feb 12, 2014. 06:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Golden Paradox; Expect Inflation To Hurt Gold, Not Help It [View article]
    "This is a funny story, although fictional. If a nation has to sell gold to control inflation, then gold would already be at new record highs as it priced in all that inflation."

That isn't the way it works, gold buying and selling will be determined by monetary policy, not its price. Anyway, I've written the article, we will see if the theory holds. Because it is counter intuitive, which markets often are, I expect a lot of disagreement.
    Feb 5, 2014. 01:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Count On High Natural Gas Prices To Hold [View article]
    Sorry, there is no lack of arctic ice. Arctic sea ice is within norms.
    Jan 30, 2014. 09:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment