Robert Weinstein

View Robert Weinstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Zynga's Earnings Are A Non-Event [View article]
    Thanks for reading and your kind words.

I have a "slightly" larger position, and remain cautiously very optimistic in our prospects to realize gains.
    Jul 30, 2014. 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Zynga's Earnings Are A Non-Event [View article]
    Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.

I obviously am in total agreement with you.
    Jul 30, 2014. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Zynga's Earnings Are A Non-Event [View article]
    Hi Jonathan,

As a real estate broker, I have to agree that the valuation numbers can easily become skewed. That said, it's usually difficult for a company to monetize REO, but I will take a deeper dive in the near future, thanks.
    Jul 30, 2014. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Zynga's Earnings Are A Non-Event [View article]
    Hi Alliemorgan,

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your opinion.

I do believe P/E is always important, especially when viewed from a forward P/E as I have here. At the end of the day, people invest in expected earnings, not sales. P/E's importance may be diminished in a fast growing company/space, but absent rapid growth, earnings is the dominating metric I use. Also I account for an adjustment due to the special situation Zynga presents.

I caution you to be very careful with your train of thought that a falling stock shifts a hold into a buy. Also, most of the last analyst action has been to raise the price target.

We both agree the stock is a buy and has great potential. But it's not risk-free. If you're not mentally able to believe the shares can possibly fall under $2, you shouldn't be in it.

You may ask why I take such a conservative stance in my comment. There's one common theme throughout all my articles, especially ones that I have a position in - I never hype and/or try to pump. I'm building a long-term reputation. That's why my articles and comments have a steady hand.
    Jul 30, 2014. 09:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Zynga's Earnings Are A Non-Event [View article]
    Thanks for your kind words Simplestuff. I covered Zynga extensively at TheStreet, including over a year ago when I was bearish (and correct).

Mattrick really dropped the ball at the MS Conf, but I doubt that mistake will be made twice. I normally cut and run fast when a stock isn't performing as expected, but I see the long-term value that sitting on my hands can produce.
    Jul 29, 2014. 06:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Zynga's Earnings Are A Non-Event [View article]
    Zynga already has RMG and expanded within the last year through Facebook.

It offers poker and casino type games and is licensed in the U.K. All it will take is an announcement that they are expanding into another sizable market and the stock will explode. That's why I wrote is has a binary upside to it.
    Jul 29, 2014. 06:52 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Races Past Tesla And GM Into Earnings [View article]
    Thanks, I appreciate your kind words.
    Jul 17, 2014. 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Verizon Sound Good Into Earnings Compared To AT&T And Sprint? [View article]
    DoctoRx,

Thanks for reading and commenting.

You're correct, but there are a lot of investors that could use more knowledge.

I'm bullish. If I owned it, I wouldn't get out. That said, if I was looking at VZ or T, I would pick T because it pays a higher dividend yield and the rest of the metrics are more or less spiting hairs in my opinion.

Best

Bob
    Jul 17, 2014. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Knows How To Deliver Against Google And Microsoft Into Earnings [View article]
    You may want to take a look at Xbox sales and rethink what "we do know".

Also, take a look at revenue and profits. The chart moves from the bottom left to the upper right, so "we do know" it's doing something correct.

My thoughts on Amazon's phone http://bit.ly/1oIeyh0

Best of luck.
    Jul 16, 2014. 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good point, but many BlackBerry investors laughed at AAPL and GOOG at first too.

That said, I don't believe the AMZN phone will cut deeply into Apple http://bit.ly/1oIeyh0

But, that doesn't mean it can't.
    Jul 16, 2014. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As disclosed, I don't have a position in MSFT, but I wrote many articles about MSFT in the last two years, all bullish and all correct.

"if only 5% of them bought an iWatch" - I think 1% is a huge win. 5%? I would not bet on that.

That said, I believe AAPL is a great stock for its yield.

Best of luck.
    Jul 16, 2014. 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Continues To Beat Apple, Pandora, And Google Into Earnings [View article]
    Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it.
    Jul 15, 2014. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your comment Slim,

Just a quick note to say that subscription revenue trumps ad revenue by a long shot. Not even close.

If you can get a credit card, you're much better off than trying to monetize through ads.
    Jul 15, 2014. 10:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and adding to the conversation.

Very true, if it delivers a significant beat and guides higher than expected, shorts will scramble to cover.
    Jul 15, 2014. 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay's Earnings, Amazon's Misery [View article]
    You're welcome Michael,

Correct, Alibaba is big in China, but is also big in America (and rest of world) as a wholesale sourcing site. If it wasn't for Yahoo, most non-importers probably would have never heard of it.

Alibaba's model is closer to ebay in that their main model is putting buyers and sellers together. That said, the fees it charges are magnitudes lower than Amazon and when you put the pieces together - 120 P/E, exploding employee count, diminishing returns due to scale, several large businesses (Kindle, Prime, and others) that are losing money, and competitors that are improving (TGT, WMT, SHLD), you have a situation where the risk outweighs the reward.

And that is the key. It's not that Amazon CAN'T continue higher, it's that I believe the potential reward isn't large enough to justify the massive risk. This is a stock that could get cut in half and still be expensive. One caveat, I also think it will enjoy a relatively high multiple as long as customer service remains strong. People tend to hold stocks they like and that provides a lifting effect, but just not 100+ multiple.

Best of luck