Robert Weinstein

View Robert Weinstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • eBay's Earnings, Amazon's Misery [View article]
    "Amazon is more than just a retailer" - I agree, but that's part of Amazon's problem. It makes a lot of money through its sales portal, but loses money in other areas.

There are many metrics that are valuable to help determine an appropriate price, but everyone understands P/E and at the end of the day, P/E rules king because no company can maintain a multiple over 100 forever.

I can see Amazon's multiple falling below 30 FAST if they begin to stack up losses and fail to grow the top and bottom lines because another player enters the space. Anyone not understanding the potential peril owning a triple digit P/E in the face of a much larger competitor entering the space deserves what they get.
    Jul 14 01:12 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Earnings Preview: Can The Chipmaker Repeat Its Last Quarter's Profit [View article]
    Hi Techguy,

wow, thanks for adding to the conversation.

I'm ok with being wrong, I'm wrong often. I don't predict the future, only the odds.

I owned one of the largest, if not the largest PC computer companies in my state at the time, so I know a couple things about consumers comparing CPUs also.

I also know not to rely heavily on anecdotal evidence, and everything known is already priced in.

Best of luck, hope you do well with AMD.
    Jul 10 02:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. Sure, of course. My opinion changes as the facts change. I don't have an ax to grind, and in fact, I did a lot of business with the company in days gone by - and know people that work on its chips.

That said, I have a few AMD articles and so far, they're on the money. http://bit.ly/1rYPdWu
    Jul 10 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have never seen a contributor on this website so "lost in the sauce" - Well, that's probably true from your perspective.

I hope you gave more due diligence to your investment than you did finding out how accurate my calls/articles are.

Best of luck and I hope your AMD does well for you
    Jul 10 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Tascer,

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it.

I hope you're correct and it does make a new 52wk high. I know that would be great for many investors and I surely don't have a wish for this one to go lower.

That said, it may make a new yr high, but that won't diminish my overall opinion that it's highly speculative. The Beta is 2.2, and that's a level most consider volatile and speculative.

Best of luck
    Jul 10 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo Trumps Citigroup's Bull Thesis Into Earnings [View article]
    I do remember when Apple was sub $400 and wrote about it many times including these pieces

Jul 10 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Yahoo's Earnings Compete Against Google, Amazon And Microsoft? [View article]
    "but another nagging concern is that there might have been more to that missed ad meeting than oversleeping." - Interesting observation.
    Jul 10 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and for sharing your thoughts.

I agree. I'm thinking of moving to Office 365 and I like the folders in folders organization both hotmail and gmail offers (yahoo doesn't last time I checked).

Huge potential, but wow, they need to focus on improving what they have more than buying even more half-backed sites.

That said, the market has discounted the shares fully and as long as Alibaba doesn't turn into another Chinese fraud stock, it's hard to picture the shares not appreciating.

I'm writing another Yahoo piece soon in regards to Alibaba and what it means to others including AMZN EBAY and of course YHOO
    Jul 10 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo Trumps Citigroup's Bull Thesis Into Earnings [View article]
    We both agree that Citi has upside potential, but it's not clear how much more than WFC. I have owned C in the past. Bought around $3.80 I believe, or $38 post r-split. Sold when the government required the bank to let go its best traders because they were paid too much.
    Jul 10 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo Trumps Citigroup's Bull Thesis Into Earnings [View article]
    Thank you. My source was outdated, and I won't rely on them again.
    Jul 10 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo Trumps Citigroup's Bull Thesis Into Earnings [View article]
    Thanks, nice catch. the updated figures should be live soon.
    Jul 10 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric Second Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Rubel,

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

I think we're looking at two different charts. There is no point in 2009 that I'm aware of that the share price is higher than the lowest price of 2014.
    Jul 9 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Earnings Preview: Dominating AMD And Maybe Micron Next [View article]
    Thanks, nice catch. Correcting it now.
    Jul 8 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Earnings Preview: Dominating AMD And Maybe Micron Next [View article]
    It's Knight's Landing.

For those that believe it ties Intel to Micron to no end, well, that's your right to believe it.
    Jul 8 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment