Robert Weinstein

View Robert Weinstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • General Electric Second Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Rubel,

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

I think we're looking at two different charts. There is no point in 2009 that I'm aware of that the share price is higher than the lowest price of 2014.
    Jul 9, 2014. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Earnings Preview: Dominating AMD And Maybe Micron Next [View article]
    Thanks, nice catch. Correcting it now.
    Jul 8, 2014. 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Earnings Preview: Dominating AMD And Maybe Micron Next [View article]
    It's Knight's Landing.

For those that believe it ties Intel to Micron to no end, well, that's your right to believe it.
    Jul 8, 2014. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Earnings Preview: Dominating AMD And Maybe Micron Next [View article]
    Maybe he read mine, http://bit.ly/1jc5MLv
    Jul 8, 2014. 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa Kicks Off Earnings Once Again, Here's What To Expect [View article]
    Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. I agree, but keep in mind it's already priced in. Rising electric costs are a big deal, albeit, if spot continues on the current trend margins may improve despite rising costs.
    Jul 1, 2014. 09:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa Kicks Off Earnings Once Again, Here's What To Expect [View article]
    Thanks for reading and your absolutely correct, guidance is always everything. Here's my thoughts on BlackBerry BBRY http://bit.ly/1rVwlod
    Jul 1, 2014. 09:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    We're straying a little off topic, but I can answer this.

"I don't understand how some people gamble huge sums of money on short term stock price movements. I have never been able to predict short term stock prices with any degree of consistency, let alone their reaction to earnings." - The reason, in part is because some can.

For those with the skill, work ethic, dedication, and discipline, short-term investing is more profitable.
    Jun 23, 2014. 03:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Maybe, but that doesn't make it material. It's akin to stating "you guarantee every trade has a seller"

You original comment was about execs i.e. insiders. Many companies don't have insider sales in the past six months, and some have net insider purchases (beyond option plans).

Best of luck.
    Jun 23, 2014. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Many companies don't have insider selling. Many have insider buying.
    Jun 21, 2014. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to say so.

Context, it's all about context.
    Jun 21, 2014. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your kind words.

I think it's a great idea to read both the bear and bull thesis from as many viewpoints as possible. Regardless if I'm long or short, I want to make very sure I understand why someone is on the other side.

Remember, it isn't as much about the company as it is about the investors in the short run.
    Jun 21, 2014. 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Thank you, I appreciate it.
    Jun 21, 2014. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Stocks with low PEs fall all the time because revenue and/or earnings is expected to fall. A low PE by itself isn't a good metric to gauge value.

I didn't write a pullback to $24 would make for an attractive buying point. You may wish to read the comment again, and maybe some investment books too.

Best of luck
    Jun 21, 2014. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Hi Mace,

Thanks for reading and adding your thoughts.

To be clear, analyst adjustments don't always move a stock. With regular consistency, analysts downgrade near the bottom and upgrade near the top as well. Some are much better than others (not a surprise).

That said, they often get it right, and that's why They're worth paying attention to. Even if because everyone else is.

Best of luck with your calls, I hope you do well

(full disclosure, I recommended - as a trade - buying puts to my options newsletter subscribers yesterday)
    Jun 19, 2014. 05:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Third Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Hi Ben,

Thanks for reading an adding to the conversation.

It's always the same case when you're not filling the punch bowl. I could have wrote the exact same thing, with the only difference being a very glowing and positive prognosis and the comments would sing praises.

It really becomes interesting when I write an full blown bearish article (see MCP for example). All I'm saying is that IF Micron doesn't significantly beat, the shares may likely fall.

Considering I get asked often why XYZ went down after beating, I know many don't fully understand the dynamics of the market.

Nice buy. I almost joined you before the big court case a while ago. I do agree all else being equal, a pullback into about $24ish may offer an attractive buying dip.
    Jun 18, 2014. 07:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment