Robert Weinstein

View Robert Weinstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Sirius XM Radio Or Become Cramer's Boss For $2, The Choice Is Yours [View article]
    Thanks Cameron,

Not to get to far off the subject, but I would like to congratulate you on your outstanding call with Apple!!

While others had fear in their eyes and sold into the uncertainty you stood up and said "$1000 Apple here we come"

It took the right amount of guts and brains to do it.

I bought TST today. I like it for a longer term play. The best part is that it's so discounted from where I beleive it should be. If you assembled the current team and started it as an IPO the stock would be much higher in my opinion. Siri is nice for covered call writing until it's not.
    Apr 25, 2012. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surviving The Netflix Implosion: What's Next? [View article]
    Petra,

Thanks for reading and your comment. I guess I have always "liked" Netflix for what it is (highly limited) for the price.

We are on the same page with documentaries and foreign films. That's the majority of what I watch.

I don't fully share your thought about their are no better alternatives. There may or may not be for you and I, but for a lot of people who are willing to pay more there is. I believe there are lots of people paying a lot more than you or I do who would be willing to buy more from Netflix

On another hand maybe it's a good thing at least in my house. It helps me keep my sons off the TV. Now if I can get them to put the darn DSis down I really will make some progress....
    Apr 25, 2012. 01:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Preview: Ford Reports Results Friday [View article]
    Queasyrider, I am not bearish with F

In fact I have worked on a bullish article today on and off. I welcome you to look at my F article history as well.
    Apr 25, 2012. 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Method To My Stock-Picking Madness, Part 2 [View article]
    JD nice job.

Glad to see you on board with SA!!
    Apr 24, 2012. 11:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Method To My Stock-Picking Madness, Part 1 [View article]
    Good work JD !!!!

Welcome to SA. I look forward to reading more of your article soon.
    Apr 24, 2012. 11:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    Ken,

Ok, well maybe you saw real iPhones (or not it doesn't matter). If you wish to believe 70 million phones are going to be sold in the market that is perfectly fine and your choice.

Best of luck and I hope it works out well for you.
    Apr 24, 2012. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    Wei,

well you make some interesting points but demand <> profits. You need to look no further than the music industry to see that. Microsoft is in China also but their profits are likely less than half what they should be.

Doesn't matter, my point is to not expect 70 million iPhones being sold. Not sure how the message was lost, but I will try better next time.
    Apr 24, 2012. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    Sorry but its not a detail.

You may be better served with a focus on the main concept of selling 70 million phones. Of course it's your choice what you believe is important.
    Apr 24, 2012. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surviving The Netflix Implosion: What's Next? [View article]
    you will likely get some type of dead cat bounce either tomorrow or the next day. I will be looking starting tomorrow to enter long myself for a quick hit and run.
    Apr 24, 2012. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surviving The Netflix Implosion: What's Next? [View article]
    Like Vandeley states, IV drops like a rock after earnings. I generally try to position with a credit spread or at least a debit spread with options into earnings. Especially when the premium is so sky high.

In fact I am looking at various spreads with $AAPL right now but taking a break.
    Apr 24, 2012. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Book Review: Trading VIX Derivatives Trading And Hedging Strategies Using VIX Futures, Options And Exchange-Traded Notes [View article]
    Yeah, I am such an options geek that I love reading this stuff. If I get one idea out of a book and am totally happy. This may not be the easiest read, but it is packed full of useful ideas.
    Apr 24, 2012. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    $AAPL $GOOG $RIMM
    darekz, Right, I guess you know better with the non retina screens and memory etc...

GooApple V5 Specification

- Same retina screen like iPhone 4S, 960*640 pixel
    - Support GSM network, quad-band
    - Support WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
    - Android 2.3 OS, iPhone interface
    - Support multi-language

http://bit.ly/JCE2MO and a lot more of them. Not sure what part you guys are missing, but ok. no worries. Thanks for taking the other side of my trades.

Its good to hear Chinese don't confuse real products for fake or subpar products. This would be news to me.

I don't have the time to educate each one of the "experts" on Chinese business.
    Anyway, the article is about China not selling 70 million phones, but you go ahead and believe it if you want.

For those that took something of value from the article, Thanks for reading and best to you. For those that didn't, thanks for reading and best to you as well.
    Apr 24, 2012. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    Hey Gary,

Glad to see you're still following me. It's been a while since you criticized one of my articles. I started to think you stopped stalking me.

Well maybe you are correct. Maybe Apple will sell 70 million, who knows. After all you lived there so you should know, right?

Best of luck to you Gary and thanks for reading my article.
    Apr 24, 2012. 12:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    darekz, Really? I guess someone forgot to tell these guys.

Apr 23, 2012. 11:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple May Not Dominate China [View article]
    right, just like counterfeit items will not make it through the app process and be sold in the app store. "it can't happen".

Seriously, this conversation is degrading beyond understanding. My point is your estimations are way too high. If anything "can't happen" it is 70 million iphones getting sold in China this year or next at anywhere near the margins currently enjoyed by Apple.You can believe all you want about fakes either way, its' only part of the issue. what matters is the actual sales
    Apr 23, 2012. 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment