Robert Weinstein

View Robert Weinstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Sirius XM Radio Or Become Cramer's Boss For $2, The Choice Is Yours [View article]
    Upset,

ahhhh, sorry I didn't follow the first time. I contribute and co/founded his newsletter, but I don't recall SIRI coming up since January when it started.

If you do sign up you get to look through all the newsletters that "printed" and you could verify. I will likely chat with Rocco either Tomorrow or Wednesday and ask if I remember.

Regardless if he has or has not, I can say that Rocco does not play any games and is not out to make a quick buck. I personally know of (legal) offers presented to him he turned down because of his high ethical standards.

Rocco just went over 4000 followers today because he is a great communicator, but also because he is honest and you can see it come through in his writing.
    May 1 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $SIRI $P $TST
    The jury comes back everyday with a verdict until the trade is exited and so far Cameron kaine has come back a big winner
    Apr 30 10:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Upset,

Good question. I think it's smart to always question everyone's motive.

You may find it interesting that I am one of the most transparent people you will find on SA. I have a chat room that I have been in pretty much every day for the last five or so years. I call out all my trades often in advance.

The other thing about my trading is that I am very mechanical with almost all my trades (most of what I do is short term) based on TA. I basically do the same thing over and over again. People in the chat room become so familiar with my trading they point out stocks that I may want to trade.
    Apr 30 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wireless Internet Will Continue To Be A Rock In The Shoes Of Sirius, DISH And DirecTV [View article]
    Yes I would agree streaming on a phone is more expensive if you have a dataplan only for a replacement of your $SIRI listening.

However, I believe most people who have or will get a smartphone will also get a dataplan. $S for example offers unlimited and works great, at least for me.

As a result if you compare an $AAPL iPhone from Sprint (a common example) the costs are actually lower than having a Sirius subscription
    Apr 28 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Naked,

Right, good point and it's why I brought it up. When thinking in terms of what $SIRI is likely to be valued at sometimes it's good to not use the stock price, but rather the market cap.

Asking questions like "do I believe this could turn into a $16 billion dollar company" is a useful exercise that can be lost in the mix.

Best to you

Robert
    Apr 28 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi StockNewb,

I wrote an article in response to your question about $SIRI $DISH $DTV. You can find it here http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 26 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have no idea one way or the other. I talk with Rocco all the time because of his options newsletter which is doing great. Even so, I don't really talk to Rocco about stock positions however.

My understanding (only from what I read on SA) is Cameron is a longer term holder than me. A pretty safe assumption though because I rarely hold for more than a month. I opened a positions in several accounts with TST and will likely do the same with SIRI. I love using P, but no interest in investing (other than maybe a day trade etc..) long term before the next earnings release.
    Apr 25 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Cameron,

Not to get to far off the subject, but I would like to congratulate you on your outstanding call with Apple!!

While others had fear in their eyes and sold into the uncertainty you stood up and said "$1000 Apple here we come"

It took the right amount of guts and brains to do it.

I bought TST today. I like it for a longer term play. The best part is that it's so discounted from where I beleive it should be. If you assembled the current team and started it as an IPO the stock would be much higher in my opinion. Siri is nice for covered call writing until it's not.
    Apr 25 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mel Karmazin Sells 11 Million Shares Of Sirius And Nets $25 Million [View article]
    "You guys are all funny because now the story is no longer Sirius XM, it's "the evil authors who write about Sirius XM." Lol!"

That's just funny......

Good work Cameron (or whoever you are) and best of luck here and everywhere else!!

Bob
    Apr 20 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Overload: Pandora Has Little To Do With Satellite Radio's Demise [View article]
    Very cool Video
    Apr 12 11:19 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Preview: Sirius Reports Q4 Results Thursday [View article]
    yeah maybe. You could ask the readers of my $CSTR article if they would agree. Doesn't matter though, I am keeping my trading job. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 6 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Preview: Sirius Reports Q4 Results Thursday [View article]
    Hi Crunching,
    Well the numbers are by edgar online which I believe does a very good job overall. It's debatable what numbers to use in a merger situation, but if you feel more comfortable with a different number that is fine. It doesn't have a material impact on the outlook of the stock price in relation to the earnings.
    Feb 6 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Preview: Sirius Reports Q4 Results Thursday [View article]
    No sir, I was not predicting in this article the year or quarter. Simply saying that EVEN if $SIRI did make $0.10 the multiple would be too high to drive up the stock price long term using historical results.

Without at least 12.5 cents the stock is unlikely to have long term growth in share price without the EPS continuing to rise.
    Feb 6 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Preview: Sirius Reports Q4 Results Thursday [View article]
    Hello Smokeyscot,

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to read and comment.

I would also share your thoughts that 28% in three months is very good. I respectfully encourage you to view small time frames (either good or bad) with a much dimmer light than longer term results.

Best,

Robert
    Feb 6 09:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Preview: Sirius Reports Q4 Results Thursday [View article]
    Let me guess.... Jim Cramer already used that one?

With respect, your numbers about cars are meaningless. The projected cars on the road are priced in and knowing what everyone else knows doesn't provide you an edge.
    Feb 6 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment