Robert Wong

View Robert Wong's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Visa's Stock Is Worth Holding [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Chuck - agreed. Visa is a great company, but the stock is a bit pricey. Worth holding, not necessarily worth buying in my opinion.
    Feb 11 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa's Stock Is Worth Holding [View article]
    Hi Argo,

Thanks for the comment; criticism is always welcome. Visa does have strong upward momentum but as I note in my prior article I believe that it has significant growth priced in. I am willing to hold at these levels but would not necessarily add more.
    Feb 11 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa's Business Is Strong, But Is The Stock Pricey? [View article]
    Hi Ben,

Ignoring the argument that a share of a stock is owning a piece of a business and the stock price reflects that and future growth prospects: Visa does have a dividend, so growing earnings should correlate with growing dividends (more cash to pay out). For example, this past quarter Visa increased its dividend from .22 to .33, or 50%. Granted, the dividend yield is less than 1% annualized ($.33*4)/$157, but you still get something back while (hopefully) realizing capital gains on the stock.
    Jan 8 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating 8x8, Inc.'s Growth Potential [View article]
    Hi Don,

Thanks for the comments - definitely conservative in terms of debt, and I do agree that some, even minute, amount of financial leverage would most likely be positive for shareholders.That being said, the cash hoard is growing despite the large capital expenditures this year - perhaps debt could go to share buybacks? (IE: what projects could they finance with debt that they can not currently?)

I'm definitely focused on (rapid) growth, and customer retention, as important metrics for the stock. 8x8 has been identified for its solid client services and must continue this trend.
    Jan 8 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa's Business Is Strong, But Is The Stock Pricey? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Chuck! It is a bit expensive to buy into, but if currently holding I wouldn't sell either.
    Jan 8 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Continues Strong Business Trend, Must Overcome Liberty Media Situation [View article]
    Anecdotally, my peers are aware of satellite radio, but many do not utilize the service as it is just another cost for many college students who have to increasingly take on debt (and find spare cash for the weekends). I can't think of any peers who use it with their own money (maybe one... maybe), and the few who do use it are fortunate enough to have parents assist with the payments. For college students, in my experience, free services are generally utilized.
    Aug 7 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.
    Aug 7 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks
    Aug 7 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Contrarian Approach To Knight's Recent Blunder [View article]
    Fair enough - good luck investing.
    Aug 3 07:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Contrarian Approach To Knight's Recent Blunder [View article]
    I asked this to myself as well - while one would assume that insurance would be purchased, there's been no mention of this throughout the articles and news I've seen regarding this event. While I can't say with absolute certainty, the absence of information is likely indicative of an absence of significant coverage through insurance. Many articles note that "Knight could be directly liable" but do not mention insurance as covering this liability, which leads me to assume that Knight will foot lawsuit bills if they materialize.
    Aug 3 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Contrarian Approach To Knight's Recent Blunder [View article]
    It's difficult to tell whether your comment is merely an observation or if its more of an attack given that it's 4 words...
    Regardless, there is alot of estimation involved in this article, and I try to make that explicit throughout the article. This article was more "opinion" than cold hard fact, and again, I tried to make that evident through the article. Investors should take estimates with a grain of salt, and my general approach and advice to investors is to try to be analytic when approaching any valuation - other articles I've read related to this topic make more general, qualitative statements. These statements can be helpful - but how do you even begin to estimate where a fair value for the stock price is without actually trying to reason out arguments with (guessed-at) quantities? If you have a different or better approach, please let me know - I'm genuinely interested. Dialogue on valuation is the purpose of this website and can be constructive.

Thanks for commenting.
    Aug 3 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Offers Upside, But Wait For An Entry Point [View article]
    Thanks for pointing that out, I apologize for the (typo) mistake. P/E was meant to say PEG.
    Aug 2 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New York Bank Offers Strong Yield, Stable Performance After Earnings [View article]
    No problem - good luck with your investing!
    Jul 31 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple May Finally Be Turning A Corner To The Downside [View article]
    I also agree with your points. I appreciate counter views to my own (long AAPL), but comparing XOM to AAPL solely because they're both large companies is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
    Jul 25 01:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Place Facebook Bets In The Stock [View article]
    I realize that you have mentioned that options are pricey, but if you are of the belief that a dramatic price move in either direction will follow earnings, wouldn't a straddle (long atm put, long atm call) work well? (I haven't examined the options).
    Jul 24 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment