Robert Wu

View Robert Wu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Divergent Look At Lions Gate [View article]
    My sense the opening weekend will generate $85 to 90 million. The movie is as good as the book.
    Mar 21 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Divergent' Will Lift Lions Gate [View article]
    Juchs, thank you for your detailed analysis. I do believe that Divergent needs to come close to Hunger Game. The opening weekend box office needs to be close to 130million. If it is 100 million, there will be a sell-off.
    Feb 27 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lions Gate suffering post-Hunger Games sell-off [View news story]
    fair price is around $28. Divergent may exceed expectation.
    Nov 25 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lions Gate suffering post-Hunger Games sell-off [View news story]
    fair price is around $28. Divergent mat exceed expectation.
    Nov 25 10:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Take A Bite At Blackberry [View article]
    Thank you. I did not argue the likelihood of Apple buying BBRY. I just find it is making sense for Apple to consider it. GOOG did not degrade its brand by buying MOT.
    Sep 30 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Take Profit On Lions Gate [View article]
    I understood all the positives about LGF. That's why I recommended the stock in Feb. But everything has a price. At this stage, I believe the risks are being underestimated.

LGF did not have a major hit for many years until Hunger Game came. Nobody knows when the next hit will come. It is difficult to sell when everything is on fire but usually it is the right move.
    Aug 1 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Elan Is In Play [View article]
    RP withdrew the legal challenge which signal a negotiation is underway. Outcome is not guaranteed.
    Jun 18 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are So Wrong When Evaluating High-Growth Stocks [View article]
    Divtra. Thank you for the info. It is a quarterly number. Sorry my mistake.
    May 7 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are So Wrong When Evaluating High-Growth Stocks [View article]
    At close to 470, AAPL is approaching my target. I sold some covered calls today @500 strike.
    May 7 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are So Wrong When Evaluating High-Growth Stocks [View article]
    Alibaba is very competitive. But I am not sure about the profits. If it's IPO comes out anywhere near $100 billion, I would not touch it. In terms of e-commerce market in China, I do not think Amazon will be successful against Alibaba
    May 6 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are So Wrong When Evaluating High-Growth Stocks [View article]
    I don't see many moats for Amazon. Mostly compete on price. Difficult to improve margin.
    May 6 08:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are So Wrong When Evaluating High-Growth Stocks [View article]
    I sold INTC covered calls @25. Would be be happy to collect dividend or be called away.
    May 6 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Has A Moat Without A Castle [View article]
    Very good article. The soundness of a business fundamentally depends on the barriers for competitors to enter. There re not much barriers here except the brand. Low barrier will make it difficult to improve gross margin.
    May 3 09:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sluggish Commodity Prices Are Good For Potash Corp. [View article]
    What happened today on commodities is further reducing the probability for BHP to proceed with Jansen project.
    Apr 15 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Freeport McMoRan: Value Creation Through Diversification [View article]
    Reserve is just one variable for valuation. The cost of producing, potential liability and price of crude are important variables to consider to value the stock price. In my opinion, FCX is not undervalued in comparison to other mining companies. But you can argue the whole mining space is undervalued, which I agree to a certain degree.
    Apr 12 04:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment