Rocco Pendola

View Rocco Pendola's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Thoughts On Cable And Satellite Going A La Carte [View article]
    Ahh the big dishes. Those were the days!
    Oct 28, 2014. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thoughts On Cable And Satellite Going A La Carte [View article]
    Agreed. Turner and ESPN sunk a lot of money into these long-term deals for NBA, MLB, etc. The leagues should have had more vision. I think they could make more money in a more open environment. I'd like to see those contracts; I wonder if there's language what's in this article from the NFL/DTV agreement.
    Oct 27, 2014. 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watch As Apple Hoses The Music Industry Yet Again [View article]
    The album artist -- they are few and far between. There's something to be said for musicians who put out records that are excellent and cohesive from beginning to end. Consistently throughout their body of work.
    Oct 20, 2014. 11:34 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watch As Apple Hoses The Music Industry Yet Again [View article]
    I agree with you. In no way am I crying for the music industry. It's a case of Apple and others taking advantage of the industry's ineptitude. The music industry should have set up its own platforms and started working years ago to extract full value out of music beyond royalties and sales.
    Oct 20, 2014. 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • At HP, Don't Buy What The Politician Is Selling [View article]
    Excellent article, Dana. Well said through and through.
    Oct 6, 2014. 02:41 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple, Google Will Crush Microsoft Just As Amazon Did Best Buy [View article]
    Marc -- is there a reason you have to be a jerk? Where's the upside other than seeking to validate yourself? My goodness. You might not agree with my opinion or how I get there, but you're defensive enough that it's out of line.
    Sep 24, 2014. 12:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple, Google Will Crush Microsoft Just As Amazon Did Best Buy [View article]
    Or I could just write something completely void of research that you agree with and it would be all good.

Thanks for writing.
    Sep 24, 2014. 12:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple, Google Will Crush Microsoft Just As Amazon Did Best Buy [View article]
    Without disparaging anyone, like my colleague Marc, a true businessman, I'll just say there are those of us who think practically in very concrete terms and those of us who think conceptually. It actually pays to do a lot of both, but you definitely need to be able to do the latter or else your response to this type of article from me will look a lot like we see above. Which is also what we saw in 2010-2012, re: RIM.
    Sep 24, 2014. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Next Billion-Dollar Business [View article]
    I think the commenters point was that a lot of kids in that young demo aren't allowed to have phones yet, but parents would be cool with an iPod.
    Sep 23, 2014. 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Next Billion-Dollar Business [View article]
    This is a solid observation. I think the iPod Touch, via WiFi albeit, plays this role though, doesn't it?
    Sep 23, 2014. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Amazon Bears Proven Wrong, The Road To $400 Remains Open [View article]
    Just a quick note for the record going forward -- when you pull out the finance textbook (as people have been doing for the last 15 years) to explain why I am wrong on AMZN, I will not engage you. That approach has been proven illogical. Just look at the chart.
    Sep 22, 2014. 11:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Thanks for the comments everybody. Much appreciated. I am no longer with TheStreet. I resigned last week.

Interesting that you ask about MSFT/Minecraft -- that's the next article I am working on. It's an intensely interesting subject.

Thanks again.
    Sep 17, 2014. 01:41 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Will Do When The Market Corrects Or Crashes [View article]
    Yes. I hope you held and bought when it was a steal under $10.
    May 25, 2013. 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banking Massive Pandora Gains, Getting Aggressive With Lululemon [View article]
    LULU will be fine. Buying opportunity. It pulls an AAPL with guidance every quarter.
    Jun 7, 2012. 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM To Liberty: Not So Fast [View article]
    Gee whiz. I wonder what will happen next?
    Jun 1, 2012. 03:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment