Rocco Pendola

View Rocco Pendola's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should You Buy Pandora Ahead Of Earnings? [View article]
    I agree completely, especially on a stock like P, but really across the board.
    May 8 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Running Out Of Options [View article]
    I rarely do. In fact, I can show you articles where I chided people (maybe even my friends) for doing so. I love Cameron, Tim McAleenan, etc., but I cringe when they quote Buffett.
    May 8 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Running Out Of Options [View article]
    What "same thing?"
    May 8 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Running Out Of Options [View article]

Retail investors like you and I run into a problem when we calculate our moves on the basis of what Soros or Buffett or Malone does.

If Malone buys a rental property in Rio for $5,000,000, are you going to buy the parking lot at the corner for $100,000?

You cannot chase these guys into trades because it's a whole different ballgame for them on so many levels. Of course, the guy wants to make money. That much is obvious. And he knows how to make money.

That said, other variables come into play. He already sits on a huge gain here. And, like me, he probably sees some long-term value in Sirius if he can get Karmazin out of the picture and get people in there who have what it takes to grow the business from here.

Bottom line -- our position in life and circumstances in relation to the company does not compare to his; as such, it's foolish to make a decision on an investment in his image.
    May 8 03:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Shares Are Overvalued As Margins Contract And Growth Slows [View article]
    "The company has a curious business plan: It runs out of things on purpose (an attempt to boost demand by creating scarcity), it doesn't generally discount its products, it doesn't open new stores very often, and it doesn't electronically track customer purchases."

Only "curious" to you.
    May 8 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    @geleman - thanks.
    May 7 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    Thanks.
    May 7 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    I appreciate that. I think I spent the first three paragraphs explaining what I am doing here. That's all.
    May 7 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    Google 'Rocco Pendola' and 'Apple.'
    May 7 10:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    Sometimes I feel like I live in a different universe where far too many people have an inability to extend thinking beyond what they expect to see or what they would themselves do.
    May 7 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    "But now he is going bull, as I have been advocating. I'm very puzzled by it, because it shows a kind of imbalance, but since it is the correct call all I can say is: good call."

Do you have an issue with reading comprehension?

Leave me alone. I have asked you before. Find somebody else to troll.
    May 7 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    I have several times, but I am not really trying to "prove" anything. That's pretty macho, if you ask me.

Primarily, we're discussing how different options trades work.
    May 7 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going All-In Apple: A Counterintuitive Approach To Investing [View article]
    "I am in complete agreement, right now is a very good time to set up long option positions in APPL."

For the record, I disagree with myself on these AAPL trades. I think the stock is in for a world of hurt.
    May 7 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Friday's Options Activity To Prepare For Monday's Market [View article]
    If you're bullish and want to go long an option, that's the way to do it. Come as close as you can to replicating the movement of the stock. It costs more, but it's less than buying AAPL outright.

Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate them.
    May 5 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    Hey Joe--

As I did, I would take profits. Yes, I think it will go down, but I do not consider the probability strong enough to stay in the trade.

I have never used Slacker, but actually looked at it today on my phone. I might download it.

NFLX is dying a slow death.

I appreciate the nice comment, Joe.
    May 4 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment