Rocco Pendola

View Rocco Pendola's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    If Time Warner buys Netflix, I will spend the day in a dunk tank in Times Square.
    May 11, 2012. 03:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    Your words, not mine.

I did not state, nor do I think he is trading on non-public inside information.

That does not mean that something is not up.
    May 11, 2012. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Excellent comparison to ATVI... I was in the same spot with that stock last year. One difference between F and ATVI, though-- ATVI might have a strong or at least more relevant franchise in its niche (and that's the key)... you're better off operating in a niche these days.
    May 10, 2012. 02:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Thanks, Matthew. I do appreciate it.

I knew F was an emotional battleground stock, but I did not realize it was to this extent.
    May 10, 2012. 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Thanks, Ross. I appreciate it.

F is a passionate stock. That only strengthens the bear case, frankly.
    May 10, 2012. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Presumptive. Cute. Snappy. Good stuff.
    May 9, 2012. 11:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    It doesn't really matter what you would want to own.

All that matters is that they will sell a limited number of Model Ss to a very specific group of people in very specific markets.

That is literally all that matters. It will be like shooting fish in a barrel.
    May 9, 2012. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    I used to have a Ford Pick-Up. My second vehicle. It was one of those big green Rangers with a wavy decal on each side of the bed. Bad ass truck.
    May 9, 2012. 11:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Sure, I can be. Tell her it will cost her though. :-)
    May 9, 2012. 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    "There is more to the world market than America..."

Really? I am so insular and arrogantly American, I thought we owned Canada, used Mexico as a place to collect workers from and that was the extent of this place called Earth. :-)
    May 9, 2012. 07:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    "20-30 years ago there was HUGE brand loyalty. People were either a Ford person or a Chevy person."

Very well-stated. I agree. It's about status for the people who buy new cars and they're sure as heck not loyal to a middle of the road maker. It's higher-end and luxury. At the low-end, they just want a good deal.
    May 9, 2012. 05:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Running Out Of Options [View article]
    They have to get by the Knicks first! Can you say four in a row? $MSG
    May 8, 2012. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy Pandora Ahead Of Earnings? [View article]
    I agree completely, especially on a stock like P, but really across the board.
    May 8, 2012. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Running Out Of Options [View article]
    I rarely do. In fact, I can show you articles where I chided people (maybe even my friends) for doing so. I love Cameron, Tim McAleenan, etc., but I cringe when they quote Buffett.
    May 8, 2012. 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment