Rocco Pendola

View Rocco Pendola's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Setting Up An 8-Year Old To Be A Millionaire [View article]
    You're not taking a very holistic view here.

I would clearly not have 2/3 of the 1,000,000 in one position.
    May 4 06:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    I had an agenda. I wanted to buy MSG stock low and, you see, a Devils win helps MSG because they air the games.

Don't you know anything? :-)
    May 4 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    Would love to see it happen.

Love the postseason. A well-coached team with a great goalie that coasted a bit, even if unintentionally, during the regular season -- deadly combo there!
    May 4 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    I would really like to see a Rangers/Kings Cup. And a Rangers/Devils Eastern Conference Final would be pretty cool as well. The Devils look strong. Nice to see Philly get it handed to them so far.
    May 4 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    I am not quite dead. I feel very much alive. (Knock on wood).
    May 4 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    I sincerely appreciate that. It's nice to find common ground.

I am keeping it open in the "fake" account because that's an experiment. If it blows up, there will be a lesson to learn from it (don't be greedy, etc.).

That said, if somebody made me make a prediction here, I would say it goes down, but I do not feel strongly enough about that in the near-term to kiss a 6% gain goodbye.

I messed up with LULU yesterday. I missed getting an order filled by $0.05... so I went from being up 20% to being even.
    May 4 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    If I was long and made $700 and raved and ranted about how people conspire to keep SIRI's share price down so they can buy low, you would kiss me.
    May 4 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    I have written several articles on that.

In a nutshell, Sirius XM has achieved about all it can, at least all that can spur meaningful gains.

Pandora is at the very beginning of doing quite well in several areas, particularly mobile ad revenue, which is exploding and will continue to over the next several years.
    May 4 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    Look at the charts I posted man. And consider my overall point. Distort things all you want with short-term minutia, but my larger point -- and that's really what matters -- stands.

Of course, why address the fact that SIRI has underperformed the major indices over the last year or so?

I was bearish on the stock from $1.70, but I did not short it. Bearish overall and short-term short-- two COMPLETELY different sentiments that require different approaches or, in some case, no action at all.

It was clear to me that the stock would tank on earnings. Blame the market, blame the week, whatever -- the comparisons to the indices prove you wrong.

Buy some LVLT -- see how it works for you going forward. Same with SIRI and OSTK. You're better off shaving your head, getting your tongue pierced, eating only moldy food and squatting in abandon homes as you prepare to take part in a mass suicide.
    May 4 03:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I appreciate your passion and emotion. I often display the same traits and such.

As a trader, however, I set a target when I go into a trade. When it gets hit, I exit the position. I tend not to stay in out of spite or to prove something to somebody.
    May 4 03:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    It's looking good. I should have my average under $10.00 by next week.
    May 4 03:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    She is. Things are going well. I am grateful. Life can blow up in an instant.
    May 4 03:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How's That Sirius XM Short Working Out For You? [View article]
    No. I like to make disciplined trades. I had a target. It hit it. I am out.
    May 4 03:00 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Setting Up An 8-Year Old To Be A Millionaire [View article]
    We're shooting for trade school. :-)
    May 4 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Setting Up An 8-Year Old To Be A Millionaire [View article]
    Right. I did not mean to imply a kid needs to pay taxes... he or she just needs earned income. If I am paying it out, I get an additional tax benefit.
    May 4 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment