Rocco Pendola

View Rocco Pendola's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    I have been for months. But the key word in my previous comment is "owned." Past tense.
    May 11 09:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    I am not short Netflix. Technically I never was. I owned puts.
    May 11 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    Will never happen.
    May 11 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    If Time Warner buys Netflix, I will spend the day in a dunk tank in Times Square.
    May 11 03:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Executive Out, Massive Insider Buy: What's Going On? [View article]
    Your words, not mine.

I did not state, nor do I think he is trading on non-public inside information.

That does not mean that something is not up.
    May 11 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Conference Call Q&A Fun [View article]
    Or sell DVD.
    Apr 26 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Conference Call Q&A Fun [View article]
    "But I find it hard to think folks will continue to be fooled by this stock, after this unimpressive ER, and that makes the support pretty weak, no?"

I agree. I do not think it sees 100 again, but we will have to wait for "increased seasonality" to die a pathetic death just like the "virtuous cycle" did before it really implodes.
    Apr 25 02:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Conference Call Q&A Fun [View article]
    Not at all. I am just not crazy.

I am bearish, but I basically need that put to go ITM. As bearish as I am, the odds of that happening are very low. I don't invest or trade on the basis of your false perception of my credibility. I do it on other factors, not the least of which is probability. Try it some time.

I made one error double dipping on these puts last year. I am not about to make another one this year.
    Apr 25 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Conference Call Q&A Fun [View article]
    You write good stuff. That NFLX piece was one of your better ones. Very comprehensive.
    Apr 24 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Conference Call Q&A Fun [View article]
    Do you have any raw numbers on "up 20%?" Did NFLX provide any??

We need to look at what the norm is and what the possibilities are. We likely disagree, but that's really where it's at, not in one or two isolated cases.
    Apr 24 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: With Hyper-Growth Gone, Investors Flee [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.

We have talked quite a bit about the buyback on here. There is just so much to consider that, somehow, that has become old news!

Good comment, so do not be a stranger.
    Apr 24 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: With Hyper-Growth Gone, Investors Flee [View article]
    He gave an awful answer on mine. I plan on addressing it in a future article.

Which one was yours?
    Apr 24 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: With Hyper-Growth Gone, Investors Flee [View article]
    I don't disagree. Once it settles somewhere (lower I think), it will need to show that more zesty growth is returning. I do not think it can or will, but if it does, the stock could return to having upside. I just think, as I have been saying since last year, that content costs will swallow up any growth they are able to muster.
    Apr 23 11:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My New Found Love And Respect For Reed Hastings [View article]
    LOL-- it's difficult to keep track of where things get picked up these days, but I am not surprised. I wish all commenters were like SA.
    Apr 23 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions For Netflix Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    I probably should not have used the phrase a la carte.

I think a Hulu type setup should use tiered pricing just like cable and satellite.

Sorry if I made you fly off of the handle. :-)
    Apr 22 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment