Roger C. Wren

View Roger C. Wren's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Telecom Argentina: An Extremely Undervalued Situation [View article]

Invest in Argentina? Surely the author jests. Next thing you know he will be pushing stocks in North Korea or Zimbabwe.
    Apr 10 11:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron: Time To Buy More Shares [View article]

Well there Wcottrell it looks like you understand Micron about as well as the majority of us do. Every thing looks good except for the action of the stock price. Micron does this to us from time to time.

Eventually if Micron the company does as well in the future as we expect the stock price will move up. However for a month or two anything may happen.

Micron came out with good earnings just as the Dow decided to drop 150 points two days in a row with tech stocks leading the way down. A lot of the big tech names did pretty much the same thing Micron did.

Think positive. For the last day Micron has had an average move of up 50 cents a share. Happy days are here again.

Apr 9 07:29 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Linn Energy Distribution Safe? [View article]

So your conclusion is that the dividend for LNCO is safe for 2014 and 2015. OK. Then in 2016 the LNCO dividend may or may not have to be cut. Big deal.

I am in LNCO at 30.84 and in the unlikely event of a 2016 dividend cut to 2.50 from 2.90 I will still be getting an eight percent return on my original cost.

In the more likely case of a dividend raise by 2016 I may end up with a dividend greater than ten percent.

Not happy with the recent drop in the stock price but at age 74 this is a keep forever investment for me. No panic here.

I think there are some errors in the article but would have to look them up to be sure and don't have the time at the moment.
    Apr 8 10:43 AM | 32 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy And Navios Maritime Partners: 2 High-Yielders Worth Buying [View article]

GAAP earnings of E and P companies like LINE are not nearly as important as cash flow is. LINE's oil and gas production for the next couple of years is 100 percent hedged at prices high enough to cover the current dividend. Only the NGL portion of production is unhedged and that is because there is no realistic way to hedge a massive amount of NGL's.

Mar 19 06:24 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telecom Argentina Q4 2013 Results: Strong Growth, Deep Value And 4%+ Dividend [View article]
    And if the government decides to make TEO next in line for confiscation? Gap down 90 percent opening the next day. I reckon I will pass on this one, it has a bad case of country risk.
    Mar 5 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Angie's List Is Melting Down To $0 [View article]

The bet I made was pretty small, even for my puny account, but double down I shall not. I learned a lesson years ago betting against AOL in the early days of dot.com. Ultimately I was right but by then I had covered my short at a serious loss. However, rolling my short calls forward if necessary I will probably do. As long as ANGI ultimately goes down I will win something.
    Feb 13 11:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Angie's List Is Melting Down To $0 [View article]

I shorted ANGI twice in the last year because it looks so horrible. Both times it popped up and I got out at a modest loss. Thursday I gave it another try, with the stock at 14.32 I sold some May 15 calls. Hello two dollar pop at the close. Can I lose three times in a row? We shall see.

ANGI the business gets worse and worse. At some point the stock will drop and stay down. Hopefully this is the time. Sooner or later profits/losses matter.
    Feb 13 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • E-House: A Hidden Chinese Internet Monetization Opportunity [View article]

Sounds good but there is the China Fraud concern. This company may be for real but it also may be a total fraud. How can one tell the difference when managers, analysts, auditors, and government investigators are all for sale?
    Feb 2 04:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retail bear emerges on Starbucks earnings call [View news story]

Even better than a drone delivery would be delivery by local cheerleaders.
    Jan 25 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nutrastar: $5.80 Cash Per Share And A Highly Profitable Business For Less Than $2 Per Share [View article]

If a stock is Chinese and its story sounds too good to be true.....................
    Jan 19 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Reiterating My Big Cap Stock Thesis: Swing Trading [View article]

Not real sure Dennis, but I think "swing trading" involves "swingers" changing partners, in this case for a week rather than the normal couple of hours.
    Jan 18 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nutrastar International: If It Sells At Net Cash Per Share, It Will Almost Triple In Price. [View article]

Chinese stocks that seem too good to be true often....................
    Jan 15 10:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turmoil in Thailand threatens lucrative tourism industry [View news story]

I live in Pattaya, about an hour south of Bangkok. This crisis, the same as previous ones, has had no (zero) impact outside of Bangkok.
    Jan 5 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Should Twitter Be Worth And Should You Invest In It? [View article]

Are you going to let us know who the "other company" is???
    Jan 1 05:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An 8.9% Yield From This mREIT For Current Income [View article]

Josh, does the tax man consider the payments to be dividends or interest?
    Dec 30 07:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment