Roger C. Wren

View Roger C. Wren's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Seadrill's Partner Rosneft Will Postpone Drilling Of Several Arctic Projects [View article]

Peter Pike:
    I see you on several forums bashing SDRL and Fredricksen while they are down. Will you vanish if they start moving back up?
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude rises following steep slide [View news story]

Smart yes, but it is killing me. If I agree to sign surrender papers will Saudi cut production? Pretty please?

However, if I were them I very well may do the same thing and since I am not in on margin I can wait a year or two for oil and my stocks to come back.
    Dec 11, 2014. 07:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Reason Saudis Didn't Cut Oil Production [View article]

Buddy : KMI has very little to do with the oil industry. It is mostly pipelines and facilities for the movement of natural gas. Also the mergers just closed and the stock price will be affected by investors getting out of positions they were forced into by the mergers for a short period.
    Dec 1, 2014. 06:39 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill EPS of $0.31 [View news story]

Today's report is obviously not good news but it is not a total disaster.

About two billion dollars a year that would have gone for dividends will accumulate. It will be available to strengthen the company. Pay down a little debt, buy cheap shares back, snap up a few bargains in a hurting industry, who knows what else. No matter where the stock price ends up today all is not lost and SeaDrill is a bargain at the current price. I will hold and expect better days ahead. Oil will not be down forever.
    Nov 26, 2014. 06:14 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Cash Flow Crunch Coming [View article]

Your numbers may or may not be correct, I am sure others more knowledgeable about the company than I will shortly dispute them. However, what is important at the moment is KMI's future after the one-week away merger. You seem to be completely ignoring the effects of the merger on KMI'S future performance.
    Nov 19, 2014. 04:50 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Can You Sleep At Night Holding Seadrill? [View article]

I bought SeaDrill to be passed on to my much younger girlfriend and, eventually, her son so I am in the very early days of a multi-decade holding. I expect they will see it through the passing of Fredrickson and several cycles of the drilling industry. As long as bankruptcy is avoided all will be well. If bankruptcy does happen it will be after my watch so sleeping at night is not a problem.
    Nov 17, 2014. 09:39 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GM says not liable for pre-bankruptcy cars [View news story]
    Why boycott Chrysler products? They have nothing to do with GM's new legal defence.

I agree with the basic article and its comments. This will be a PR disaster for GM. Time to consider a small GM short of some kind.
    Nov 6, 2014. 06:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]

I sold puts three times this year and made a little money. Moved on a couple of months ago. Luck was with me as there was no way I saw anything like this coming.

I agree with the board sentiment that on 6 August when management said all was well they had to know Apple was not going to use GTAT on the new Iphone. The ambulance chasing lawyers will be all over this in a couple of days.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors: Challenges Ahead Can Help Short Sellers Gain 25% [View article]

I choose to pass on a Tesla bet either way. I agree that the fundamentals scream "short". However, shorting Tesla is a bet against Elon. That is sort of like betting against Steve Jobs 15 years ago. You may win a little but you also may have your head handed to you financially.

I follow Tesla and tell myself to buy some on a serious dip but when it comes I can not make myself pull the trigger.
    Oct 3, 2014. 08:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Offshore Drilling Outlook: October 2014 [View article]

Your graphs have several colours but the meaning of the various colours is not provided as far as I can see.
    Oct 3, 2014. 04:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Sell-Off Is Overdone [View article]

Great article on one of my hold forever stocks.

Minor item. I assume you meant half a million barrels per day?

" Saudi Arabia already reduced its oil output by half a billion barrels per day in August"
    Sep 23, 2014. 04:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: $2.76 In EPS Means Sell? [View article]

The 17B fine will reduce BAC's taxes by several billion. Also BAC has already set up reserves for a large part of it. The fine is obviously not good news but it is not a disaster and paying it will remove a lot of uncertainty from BAC going forward.
    Sep 4, 2014. 08:00 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Burger King Looking To Buy Tim Hortons In Tax Inversion, Eh [View article]

How can someone as weight-challenged as the First Lady lecture 320 million people on their eating habits? I grant you that she is probably right in what she says but is this not a case of "do as I say and not as I do"?
    Aug 25, 2014. 09:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hollande asks PM to form new government [View news story]

A new government for France? Is France still a country of its own? I thought it was a province of the glorious Empire of the European Union.
    Aug 25, 2014. 06:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Properties: A Good Value That Is Gaining Strength [View article]

It seems that ARCP got to choose the best 500 of the 700 Red Lobsters to buy. This is good news. If it had been Red Lobster selecting the worst 500 to sell and keeping the best 200 the news would have been not so good.
    Aug 22, 2014. 05:12 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment