Roger C. Wren

View Roger C. Wren's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nutrastar: $5.80 Cash Per Share And A Highly Profitable Business For Less Than $2 Per Share [View article]

If a stock is Chinese and its story sounds too good to be true.....................
    Jan 19 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Reiterating My Big Cap Stock Thesis: Swing Trading [View article]

Not real sure Dennis, but I think "swing trading" involves "swingers" changing partners, in this case for a week rather than the normal couple of hours.
    Jan 18 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nutrastar International: If It Sells At Net Cash Per Share, It Will Almost Triple In Price. [View article]

Chinese stocks that seem too good to be true often....................
    Jan 15 10:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turmoil in Thailand threatens lucrative tourism industry [View news story]

I live in Pattaya, about an hour south of Bangkok. This crisis, the same as previous ones, has had no (zero) impact outside of Bangkok.
    Jan 5 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Should Twitter Be Worth And Should You Invest In It? [View article]

Are you going to let us know who the "other company" is???
    Jan 1 05:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An 8.9% Yield From This mREIT For Current Income [View article]

Josh, does the tax man consider the payments to be dividends or interest?
    Dec 30 07:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Would Anyone Invest In General Motors? [View article]

I join the author in dislike of the lawless and political trash that went on during bankruptcy to help Obama's political ally the UAW at the expense of the bondholders.

However today's situation is that Warren sees something there and has invested in GM. I don't think a strategy of betting against Warren has much of a future.
    Dec 19 09:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency repurchases 7% of float in Q4 [View news story]
    I third the motion. Buying back shares at 20 when the stock is taking a hit in price and discount and then selling them when the discount has closed and the stock is back up to 25 or 30 to raise cash for investments is a sound strategy.
    Dec 19 08:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Judgment Day Approaches [View article]

I also live in Thailand and got my paper prospectus in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Did not really need it since Etrade sent me an Email with links to the prospectus and a way to vote online. My massive holding of 500 shares voted yes.
    Dec 13 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berry Petroleum Is Worth More With Or Without Linn Energy [View article]
    Can you not just admit that this merger is a solid win-win for both companies? Accretive for LINE and will thus allow LINE to raise its dividend significantly. A huge increase in the dividend for Berry shareholders. Removal of uncertainity over the merger, increased production per share, and increased dividend will cause the combined companies share price to move up in 2014 in addition to a plus 10 percent dividend. What's not to like?
    Dec 13 08:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Up Your Income Performance With SandRidge Energy's 8.5% Convertible Preferreds [View article]
    Is the dividend cumulative or can SD just skip a payment if it wants to?
    Nov 29 10:12 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Of The Day: American Capital Agency [View article]
    Buying back shares at less than book value increases the book value of the remaining shares. This is what ACAS,the external managers of AGNC, have been doing with ACAS's stock and to a smaller extent due to the required dividend of AGNC they are doing with AGNC. No complaints from me as I also think long long time.
    Nov 27 07:53 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iPhone, Industry Consolidation And Margin Expansion - Micron's Dream Run Is Not Over [View article]

I went long yesterday at 19.80 and, as normal with my picks, the stock immediately started to drop like the proverbial rock.

Sorry, my bad.
    Nov 20 10:06 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Did Warren Buffett Buy Exxon Mobil? His Partner Charlie Munger Reveals All [View article]

Will Rogers (a little before even my time) used to say "buy land, they ain't making any more of it". Good advice as it turned out.

Today he quite likely would be saying "buy oil, they ain't making any more of it".
    Nov 17 10:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Grips With Investing In Argentina's Energy Sector [View article]

How favorable the government rules are or are not does not matter much. Once the oil companies have drilled wells and put them into production the Argentine government, led by politicians who consider corporations and their profits evil, is likely to steal everything.

Steal from me once shame on you. If I let you steal from me again shame on me.
    Nov 17 10:41 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment