Roger Newman

View Roger Newman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    No actually readers should do their own due diligence and not rely on ANY Seeking Alpha articles. Amazing that one mistake can invalidate all of my research and opinions over the time I have been writing. Hope no one casts any generalizations on you for one action. By the way, I didn't forget the yield to call, but forgot to mention it in the article. Like I said, try writing a number of articles yourself and see how perfect they are.

By the way, after two payments at even the current high prices, you will have earned a positive return even with a call. The next payment due to holders is in about six weeks.
    Jan 28, 2013. 03:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Wow, lying or incompetent. What a choice. I'm sure you have never forgotten to mention something in your life. I wish I were perfect like you. It's easy to comment on someone else's article and I'd be happy to follow you and comment on yours but I notice you've never authored an article. Much easier to pick apart someone else's work.Anyone who invests solely on a Seeking Alpha article shouldn't be on the site in the first place. Most people know that they should perform their own due diligence before committing their hard earned money to anything.
    Jan 28, 2013. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Obamacare Leads To Lower Unemployment? [View article]
    While I did not intend this to be a political article, I cannot disagree with Freedoms Truth or leid back investor. I am concerned that, as a country, we are placing too much emphasis on income equalization and not on innovation, but that is a topic for a very different article.

Freedoms, the biggest problem that I see with amnesty is that we are training the best and brightest of the world at our universities and then sending them home because we do not want to grant them visas to stay here and put all of the newly developed expertise to work for US!
    Jan 28, 2013. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Yield to call is certainly very important but likelihood of call is even more so. If you read the article closely I recommended that investors wait for a lower price.
    Jan 28, 2013. 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Obama REIT: A Secure 7% Yield [View article]
    Sam - Regardless of per capita spending, Obama will not be cutting departments or laying off employees, all of which bodes well for a REIT that rents to the government.
    Jan 28, 2013. 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    If you feel that way I can suggest the RBS preferred issues. A number of them are trading below par with great yields. Although this may not be one of the strongest financials out there it is far from the worst and at least seems to be on the road to recovery.
    Jan 25, 2013. 06:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    James, I like the company and do believe that they will reinstate a dividend sooner rather than later. Good Luck and watch for more yield plays...
    Jan 25, 2013. 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Honestly have no idea but I'd be surprised to see it happen imminently. Something to watch for sure.
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    That may be true hksche but AVF may work better for an investor who needs the income
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Thanks rl, that's why I mentioned possibly waiting for the issue to trade closer to the low end of its recent range...
    Jan 24, 2013. 10:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Obama REIT: A Secure 7% Yield [View article]
    A number of the offices are leased to agencies such as the Department of Justice (FBI). If the feds were to stop leasing properties, that would adversely impact property prices, lowering property taxes, putting local governments in somewhat of a bind. Think of it as a subsidy to local governments as well...
    Jan 18, 2013. 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Obama REIT: A Secure 7% Yield [View article]
    See http://bit.ly/V2t32E for a better explanation on evaluating REITs and the use of FFO (Funds from Operations). Earnings are not a good measure for this type of entity. For the three months ending 9/30/12 FFO was $0.54 per share and the dividend appears safe.
    Jan 15, 2013. 01:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Obama REIT: A Secure 7% Yield [View article]
    David, my apologies, I got this mixed up with another article I am writing *#@%
    Jan 14, 2013. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • "Death of Equities?" Assets in fixed income hedge funds are set to overtake those in equity strategies for the first time in the history of the industry, according to HFR. The move jibes with other stories from 2012 about the abandoning of stocks for the "safety" of fixed income. [View news story]
    C'mon people, hedge funds have the smartest people on the planet, right? right?
    Dec 10, 2012. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Pandora Rally Screams Caution [View article]
    I have never heard of a company's cost structure being relevant in royalty rates?
    Nov 27, 2012. 03:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment