Roger Newman

View Roger Newman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Take a look at the chart and see how far it's come. It's worthless without a dividend so there have to be people out there who think it's coming back. I believe that the two year dividend suspension is up shortly so June will be the test.
    Mar 13 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Agreed but I expect "i" to start paying in June.
    Mar 13 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Wasn't "i" trading under $24?
    Mar 12 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    Do you really think Greece will come all the way back?
    Mar 11 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hemp, Inc.: Priced Way Too High [View article]
    MDBX may be honest but do you really think that they will really be allowed to expand marijuana from a vending machine? It's bad enough when minors ask an adult to purchase beer for them...
    Mar 8 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hemp, Inc.: Priced Way Too High [View article]
    I have followed MDBX and the thought that you will be allowed to purchase marijuana from a vending machine when you can't even purchase Crestor from one is ludicrous. No shares to short though...
    Mar 8 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    I am out AVF a little while ago in the high 25's.
    Mar 8 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    I also own RBSpI and RBSpT and have since before the dividends were reinstated on the T series. Amazing gains
    Mar 8 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG With A 7% Yield [View article]
    True it was fun. AIG is looking pretty strong as a company right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see a dividend in the not too distant future. I just purchased some GWSVP at 25.51 (have to be patient) and I still like VNR at these levels but no expectation of such a high ROI
    Mar 8 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Should Be Wary Of InterOil [View article]
    Yep, that's me, part of the big conspiracy with a big ZERO for a position. This story is very interesting to follow though and, as an outsider, I would not at all be surprised to see a delay announced by the company before the March 31 deadline for an announcement. It seems to happen regularly. I would be very pleasantly surprised to see this actually come to a deal but I do have my doubts.
    Feb 28 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Should Be Wary Of InterOil [View article]
    Thanks Heat, I missed that when reviewing the financials.
    Feb 28 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Should Be Wary Of InterOil [View article]
    I find it interesting (probably old news to most) that IOC has just more than 1% ($6MM) available of its total $500MM in various credit facilities. I understand that they're trying to select a partner but short of an agreement, are they essentially out of cash?
    Feb 27 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InterOil Announces 2012 Financial And Operating Results [View article]
    I find it interesting that IOC has essentially no available credit ($6MM is just over 1% of total) from facilities totaling approximately $500 million! Disclosure: no position.
    Feb 27 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Should Be Wary Of InterOil [View article]
    I have no position in IOC but have followed the story for the past two years or so. I wonder whether the bulls would concede their bullish case IF IOC announces a delay in their decision. That has been my biggest concern with the stock, namely that delays are all too common. I have no opinion whether they will make the partner announcement as promised but what if they come up with some reason for delay. What would be your response?
    Feb 22 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insure Your Portfolio While It's Cheap, Another Pullback Could Be Ugly And Deep [View article]
    I believe that you have the trade reversed. You should be selling the lower strike put and purchasing the higher strike put if you want to get protection against a major correction. Your trade, as written, will lose money if the SPX really starts to decline here as the value of the 1450 that you have sold will increase more quickly than the value of the 1325 will increase. At any rate, the risk reward of the correct trade is not compelling.
    Feb 21 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment